Filtering the schedules

• Hello everybody,

I made a little script that hide the sub releases from the schedule (http://www.funimation.com/schedule) and from the simulcast schedule (the little side bar on some pages).

It's easier to check for only the dubs that way (I don't watch sub). As a side effect, it also remove the paging in the page. The result is one big list of all the dub releases. Nice and clean.

The script don't interact with anythings. It only uses the data already received from the funimation website.

You can add the script to your bookmark bar, it becomes one click away. Or you can use a plugin like "Custom JavaScript for websites" to automatically hides the sub releases from the lists.. It has been tested with chrome only (should work with firefox no problem).

To add as bookmark, create a new bookmark and set the url to :
    javascript:(function(){ $(".container-subscription > tr > td:contains(Sub)").parent().removeClass("fadeInUp").addClass("jp-hidden"); $(".container-subscription > tr > td:contains(Dub)").parent().addClass("fadeInUp").removeClass("jp-hidden"); $(".simulcast_schedule .item-cell p:not(:contains(Dub))").hide(); })();

If you use a plugin, just add the following in the text area :
    $(".container-subscription > tr > td:contains(Sub)").parent().removeClass("fadeInUp").addClass("jp-hidden");
    $(".container-subscription > tr > td:contains(Dub)").parent().addClass("fadeInUp").removeClass("jp-hidden");
    $(".simulcast_schedule .item-cell p:not(:contains(Dub))").hide();

Set the host to http://www.funimation.com/ and check "enable cjs for this host"

Explanation of the script:
    Line 1 : Find the lines containing "Sub" and hide them. (schedule)
    Line 2 : Find the lines containing "Dub" and show them. (schedule)
    Line 3 : Find the lines not containing "Dub" and hide them. (simulcast schedule, the side bar)

I have used it for a few months now and it really simplifies things.

Don't hesitate if you have any questions,
    Phil

• I don't understand this thread, can you explain please? (Sorry, I know I'm bad) :P

• @Anthony:

I don't understand this thread, can you explain please? (Sorry, I know I'm bad)

It's code that adds filtering options that are not already available from the website. In that particular case, it hides all subs and show only dubs.

Good job making this, but I'm pretty sure that it either violates the terms of use of the website or the rules of the forum, or both. Even if the script doesn't alter the content, I don't think you are allowed to share it here.

• @the_krock:

Good job making this, but I'm pretty sure that it either violates the terms of use of the website or the rules of the forum, or both. Even if the script doesn't alter the content, I don't think you are allowed to share it here.

I'm just sharing to help people. I don't believe it breaks the rules.

Terms :
    upload, post, transmit, share or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;

Forum rules :
    Do not post malicious code or links designed to hurt the forum or the users. Do not instruct others how to code such things or provide them to other users.

The changes those 3 lines make are temporary. A simple refresh of the page and all the changes are reverted, like nothing happened.

Some before/after : http://imgur.com/a/rbnq6

• @nord666:

I'm just sharing to help people. I don't believe it breaks the rules.

I know that this is meant to help people, and from reading the code I don't see anything bad about it.

I'm not really worried about the terms on viruses but more about those two:
    "No Site Content may be modified, copied, distributed, framed, reproduced, republished, downloaded, scraped, displayed, posted, transmitted, or sold in any form or by any means, in whole or in part, without FUNimation"s prior written permission"

"Any use of the Site or the Site Content other than as specifically authorized herein, is strictly prohibited and may terminate the license granted herein."

I guess it's a matter of interpretation, and anyway I'm not a moderator here so I can't do anything about it no matter if I think it violates the rules or not. Just don't be surprised if it gets deleted.

• Yes, however I watch both dubs/subs… so I have no use for it thereof.

However it looks like his HTML code is simply editing preexisting content (as if you were to open up F12 developer's tools on your browser) and not adding anything. IN either case, sites generally don't like that.

ALl this becomes a mute point though, when they roll out the new funimation.com site, nevertheless...

• @thegrandalliance:

ALl this becomes a mute point though, when they roll out the new funimation.com site, nevertheless…

Of course, but that would be a useful feature to have in the new website nonetheless.