Konnichiwa!

• Hey everyone, my name's Gemnist!

I'm a recent anime fan, but already I have a relatively deep knowledge of it. I've mostly watched popular shows, though I have taken time to watch underrated ones as well. I am a particular sucker for sci-fi, fantasy, comedy, thriller, superhero, romance, and/or crossover series, but I'm not very much into harem, ecchi, and/or certain slice-of-life shows.

My favorite manga/anime is Naruto, but I believe the best anime ever is Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and I also am a big fan of Baccano, Steins;Gate, Attack on Titan, and Death Note. Of the anime I have seen, I have not liked Sword Art Online and Angel Beats. I am currently watching Code Geass (which I am loving so far, although the second season can't compare to the first), Seraph of the End (a series I am not liking but will finish regardless), Dimension W (a series I have mixed feelings about) and My Hero Academia (which I have only seen the first two episodes due to me going broadcast dub, but am loving regardless). And speaking of Code Geass, I recently posted my own voice actor predictions for Akito the Exiled in the Funimation General section; please feel free to look at it and/or comment, I would very much appreciate it.

Nice to meet you all!

• Heya! Welcome to the forums. :)

I recommend you watch Psycho Pass and One Piece.

• Welcome! :)

I have some recommendations if you're interested;

Black Butler
    Dance With Devils
    The Heoric Legend of Arslan
    Fairy Tail
    Endride
    Terror in Resonance
    Prince of Stride: Alternative
    Death Parade
    Guilty Crown
    Tokyo Ghoul

• Welcome to the forums, Gemnist. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

• @Gemnist:

Dimension W (a series I have mixed feelings about)

Care to Elaborate?…

BTW I assume you haven't had the pleasure to read some of my stuff; as I did make the case for Dimension W in this thread below (among other things).

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?10817-Grimgar-of-Fantasy-and-Ash-%28Dub%29

• Psycho-Pass: I might give it a go. I know Season 2 is supposed to be utterly terrible, but we'll see.
    One Piece: I've seen the first three episodes and I wasn't entirely into it. I might give it another chance in the future though.
    Black Butler: Being a manga purist, I might not try this out. But if only the second season is non-canon, I'll probably just skip it and watch the first one and Book of Circus.
    Dance with Devils: Not heard much about it honestly.
    The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Maybe. Since I loved FMAB, it should be a pretty good treat from Arakawa.
    Fairy Tail: I've seen the first ten episodes and I'm trying to register the whole series. Might take time though.
    Endride: Frankly I'm not going to watch this. I've heard it's really bad.
    Terror in Resonance: Yeah… I've seen this actually. I thought it was great too!
    Prince of Stride: Probably not. My first sports anime will probably be Free.
    Death Parade: This one seems interesting. I think I'll give it a go.
    Guilty Crown: I've heard a lot about it. I might check it out, though I've heard it rips-off Code Geass quite a bit.
    Tokyo Ghoul: Again, I'm a manga purist, so I'll probably only read the manga given the first season rushes through the content while the second throws it out the window. It looks really good though.

• Don't listen to the hype. Psycho-Pass Season 2 is actually very good, but different from season 1 in a way. I'd recommend you watch it before seeing the movie.

• I've seen the first four episodes of Dimension W and… I was really expecting more. I was lured in by the fact that Funi was involved in the actual production, as well as that opening (not as good as Re:Re: but still VERY good), and what I thought would be a Cowboy Bebop style joyride so far has little real action and really needs to explain its crazy world building. I'll definitely finish it though, just because Chris Patton plays the villain!

• @Gemnist:

I'll definitely finish it though, just because Chris Patton plays the villain!

Ahhh, well I wouldn't know… I made the case that the English DUB for this one is horrible (perhaps why you are on the fence about it) on one of my threads here:

http://www.funimation.com/forum/showthread.php?10196

In either case, no worries therefore.

• sure season 2 is good, if you want a completely different show from season 1.

• Welcome to the forum!

Awesome to see that you're new but already grasp a lot of it. I've been a fan for a little over a year now and am still struggling to watch even the more "classic" anime.

See you around the forums!

• @ForCom5:

…and am still struggling to watch even the more "classic" anime.

IT really does help if you have "no life", like me. Works wonders :)

• Between a full-time job, full-time college classes, and a sure-as-hell full-time significant other, the nicer things in life take a back burner.

Funnily enough, I'm posting this as I'm working my overnight shift, which is where I watch anime the most nowadays, ironically. I can sneak a few episodes of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure when there's a lull in the work queue, when the Tech Support gods show mercy on our souls, or when I'm not studying while on the job.

• @ForCom5:

I'm posting this as I'm working my overnight shift, which is where I watch anime the most nowadays, ironically.

…..................................................................

• Essentially.

• So yeah, I haven't had the time nor energy to go looking through other people's forum posts, but I have accounts on other forum sites so I've got the knowledge. As for the dub, I typically only ever go for dubs, unless I notice the dub is incomplete and/or nonexistent, as it helps me keep up with the show and relate to it (though I'm fine with subs). Not quite sure of the overall dub quality for Dimension W; Jad Saxton's better than I thought, but I've heard Zach Bolton's been suffering recently.

• @Getchman:

sure season 2 is good, if you want a completely different show from season 1.

Or if you don't mind them mixing it up. I don't mind Psycho-Pass season 2 being so different from season 1. Let season 1 be it's own thing. Besides, there is still the movie and season 3 to look forward to, if you are really that much of a purist. But really, season 2 is awesome, so give it a try.

• welcome to the forums gemnist. enjoy posting.