Do you want to play a Call of Cthulhu tabletop RPG game on Roll20?

• I am getting a game of the Call of Cthulhu tabletop roleplaying game ready on Roll20, an online website that allows people to play tabletop games online with built in mic features, virtual dice, and a lot of other cool things. I am going to be running a Call of Cthulhu game online sometime next month, and was wondering if there is enough people interested on here to get an online group going. I usually can take from 3 to 7 players. If you are a fan of tabletop gaming, or have ever been interested in trying it out, you should join! It is a lot of fun!

If anyone is interested in trying out a session, just let me know, and I'll post some more details.

Description of the game:
    "The Old Ones ruled the earth aeons before the rise of man. Traces of their cyclopean cities can still be found on remote islands, buried amid the shifting desert sands, and in the frozen wastes of the polar extremes. Originally they came to this world from the stars. They sleep now, some deep within the earth or beneath the sea. When the stars are right they shall again walk the earth.

Call of Cthulhu is a tabletop roleplaying game based upon the worlds of H. P. Lovecraft. It is a game of secrets, mysteries, and horror. Playing the role of steadfast investigators, you travel to strange and dangerous places, uncover foul plots, and stand against the terrors of the Cthulhu Mythos. You encounter sanity-blasting entities, monsters, and insane cultists. Within strange and forgotten tomes of lore you discover revelations that man was not meant to know. You and your companions may very well decide the fate of the world."

• LoL, that sounds a bit complicated. Me myself more of a "(Starfarer's)…of Catan" type historically, in either case. Haven't played conventional games in ages though, due to uh, "lack of players" that is (==no life :( )...

• Lol Actually, it is the easiest of all tabletop RPG games to learn, as it is based off of the Basic RolePlaying system.

"Basic Roleplaying was designed to be intuitive and easy to play. The system is remarkably friendly to newcomers. It is easy to describe the basics of the game system, and the percentile mechanics, to non-gamers. Most of the information players need to know is present on their character sheets. Characters tend to evolve based on practicing the skills they use the most. Combat can be very quick and deadly, and often the deciding blow in a conflict is the one to land first. Basic Roleplaying is remarkably modular: levels of complexity can be added or removed as needed."

I don't think you'd have any trouble picking it up. It is a fun game too. Yeah, I know what you mean. I used to play a lot more conventional games, but not as many lately. But that is what's so cool about Roll20, is that you don't have to get everyone together in one place. You can have people from all over join, and it is just as fun. The other cool thing is that I like to make it very cinematic, with nice visuals, background music, and sound effects added in to really immerse the players in the game. I have been doing these for awhile so I am pretty good at it lol Honestly, I would be so down to have a game going with people from the forums here.

On a side note, Catan is awesome as well lol

• I'm already overbudget on board games, this week the ghostbusters 2 board game ks ended and next week dark souls ends, can't afford any more

• That's the best part! It's free! lol The website has all of it built in and is free to use.

(https://roll20.net/)

• took a look, most board games I would like to play are not listed, no dc deck building game, no ghostbusters, no arkham horror, no settlers of catan. Probably good for you, not so for me

• Yeah, it is a website for tabletop roleplaying games, not really for board games. Also, I am inviting people to join my game.

• I'm more for board games myself. D&D games are not really my style anymore