Greetings, Funimation Forum!

• First day on the forums after subscribing.

After discovering you guys have A LOT of good anime here, I decided to come on over from CR.

I came primarily for Death Parade, but am looking for other stuff as well. In general, I suppose you could say I'm new to anime, but I always seem to enjoy whatever I'm watching!

If you have any suggestions of what I should watch, I'd love to here them! Old anime, new anime, I'm down for anything. Feel free to presume I haven't seen whatever you would call "classic!"

See you all around the forum!

• I can't help but to notice that "unusual", or should I say, "irregular" Username of yours…

• So just recommend you a bunch of worthwhile Funimation anime? Okay.

Here's your homework, and I expect a report by the end of the week (NOTE: I do not actually expect a report)

Afro Samurai
    Assassination Classroom
    Barakamon
    Birdy the Mighty: Decode
    Black Lagoon
    Blood Blockade Battlefront
    Casshern Sins
    Cowboy Bebop
    Date A Live
    Deadman Wonderland
    FLCL
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Jormungand
    Is This A Zombie?
    Lucky Star (this one will be coming to the site in coming months)
    Maria the Virgin Witch
    Michiko & Hatchin
    My Hero Academia
    Noragami
    Ouran High School Host Club
    Overlord
    Prison School
    Psycho Pass (you can skip all the ones past Ep. 22)
    Samurai Champloo
    SHIMONETA
    Snow White with the Red Hair
    Soul Eater
    Space Dandy
    Steins;Gate
    Terror in Resonance
    The Devil is a Part-Timer
    Trigun
    Yu Yu Hakusho

Oh, and welcome to the forums!

• It's shorthand of the original game tag I had. "ForeverCommando1995" was a handle I went by in the old Real-Time Strategy gaming scene. After a while, when shorter tags were enforced, I decided to shorten to the completely indecipherable shorthand version that is "ForCom5." It's now the tag I use for pretty much all social platforms. You could search that and probably find more than you would my full name! Which is mostly fine with me.

It doesn't get much more cryptic than that, sadly.

• Look at me, all ahead of the ballgame!

I watched Trigun and Samurai Champloo and absolutely adored both. The ending of Trigun felt slightly anticlimactic, but the entire story made up for it. The ending of Samurai Champloo was unsettling at first until I felt at peace with the result (ie. reading someone's happier interpretation on reddit).

Looks like I got my week cut out! Thank you for the recommendations.

• @ForCom5:

It's shorthand of the original game tag I had. "ForeverCommando1995"

Ahhhh,I thought it was a play on words… me thinking Japanese again. Something like this:

ForCom> forc um>F**k 'em

.......especially with that signature as well........

• Nope! Nothing so sinister. That would be a pretty vague way of putting it, and I'm not lewd enough to have something like that.

Regarding the signature… I'm a gamer, and personally, Metal Gear Solid has to be one of the finest franchises ever to reach out shores (IMHO). It seems to have passed now; the story is over after nearly 18 years. Makes me smile.

Oh, and the profile pic is from a semi-obscure web comic on Reddit if you were wondering. https://www.reddit.com/r/polandball/top/

• Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with.

As far as recommendations go, watch all the ones that Spartan suggested, but add in Rage of Bahamut: Genesis and GARO: The Animation.

• @ForCom5:

Oh, and the profile pic is from a semi-obscure web comic on Reddit if you were wondering. https://www.reddit.com/r/polandball/top/

Well, it looks like a Voltorb or whatever from Pokemon, in either case…

Anyways, no worries. Carry on :)

https://youtu.be/xB5ceAruYrI

• @thegrandalliance:

Anyways, no worries. Carry on :)

https://youtu.be/xB5ceAruYrI

THAT IS A VOLTORB YOU UNCULTURED SWINE!!!

Hurls Pokemon based insults

(This has been a joke post. It is a Voltorb that part wasn't a joke. The rest is.)

I enjoy your new Icon as well TGA. Much better than the last one.

• ^ Jus sayin'….. Insulting someone's favorite pokemon is like insulting someone's waifu. You just don't do it. :hmm:

That having been said, I better not see any shade thrown at Tifa or Snorlax on these forums. ~_^

• @SpacemanHardy:

^ Jus sayin'….. Insulting someone's favorite pokemon is like insulting someone's waifu. You just don't do it. :hmm:

That having been said, I better not see any shade thrown at Tifa or Snorlax on these forums. ~_^

He is not wrong!

Pokemon is sacred - And we all have our faves. Even the liars who say they don't.

I think most might know who my Lady of Choice is video game wise. (Its Peach, despite the forum avatar)

Side note: WHO is dissing Snorlax? WHOME? Also, how dare they?

Edit: I am being rude. WELCOME TO THE FORUMS:

• Uhm, did I fall asleep and wake up in the year 4290AD… or is you people's definition of "insult" like waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overkill today? How is this "insulting"?

@thegrandalliance:

…O wait I know. Everything that is posted by TGA is "condescending"/insulting, so that must be true too...

https://youtu.be/z96O-Hr1TEk

• @priestesstyrande:

(This has been a joke post. It is a Voltorb that part wasn't a joke. The rest is.)

This forum requires I have at least 10 characters and the quoted text does not count!!!

• @priestesstyrande:

…what part of this supposed to make me feel better?...

EDIT: I think you are missing the "", and likely an ; that would make that sentence more "grammatically correct" (and I would have gotten it b4).
    @priestesstyrande:

*"It is a Voltorb;" that part wasn't a joke.

@priestesstyrande:

This forum requires I have at least 10 characters and the quoted text does not count!!!

Can always use …....... as well to add characters. Or use a broken BBCODE like and it will not appear as well.

Finally, one last point. I fail to see how linking a warp-pipe is a sign of "endearment". Warp Pipes take you someplace else, that would be indirectly suggesting you want them to "leave"…

@priestesstyrande:

Indeed. However, the one before was not well known, so it figures as much… This way, I can be "cute and sassy" (ehm, "condescending") at the same time :)

Alas, I gotta get her "get back in the kitch'n", as it were...

• @thegrandalliance:

…what part of this supposed to make me feel better?...

Letting you know that no one was actually offended.

• @priestesstyrande:

Letting you know that no one was actually offended.

https://youtu.be/KUov6DRoQ_k

• @thegrandalliance:

Uhm, did I fall asleep and wake up in the year 4290AD… or is you people's definition of "insult" like waaaaaaaaaaaaaay overkill today? How is this "insulting"?

I wasn't accusing you or anyone of insulting anything. I was "jus sayin".

It's a busy day and I didn't sleep well last night. O.o

• @SpacemanHardy:

Insulting someone's favorite pokemon is like insulting someone's waifu. You just don't do it.

I would be remiss if I did not post:

• @SpacemanHardy:

I wasn't accusing you or anyone of insulting anything. I was "jus sayin".

LoL… as to how I feel about my "interactions" with "ye peoples" on this forum...

https://youtu.be/brvwMydD_lg