If Funimation did Marvel .

• hey everyone, as a marvel fan i like to discuss with you about if funimation did some marvel related projects because with what i've been hearing from funimation they not only capture some of the characters of marvel but they also capture the spirit of the marvel universe. so i like to discuss with you who would you guys like to voice each of the marvel characters. here are mine:

Josh Grelle-Wiccan , Speedball, Rick Jones, Loki(young avengers),

Chris Sabat-Crossbone, Nitro, and SuperSkrull

Eric Vale-The Human Torch, Daken,

Colleen Clinkenbeard- Ms. Marvel / Captain Marvel/ Carol Danvers, Invisible Woman, Mary Jane Watson, Dakota North, Mantis, Nova(Frankie Ray) ,

Jason liebrecht-Abe Jenkins/Beetle, Havoc, Starlord

Christopher Bevins-Eric O'Grady/ Ant-man

Justin Briner-Hulkling

Brina Palencia-Rogue and X-23

Clifford Chapin-Iceman, Speed, Human Torch(Ultimate),

Cherami Leigh-Kitty Pryde, Hope Summers, Lyra/She Hulk, Molly Hayes,

Caitlin Glass-Mercury, Jean Grey(young), Magik, Scarlet Witch, Rachel Summers, Karen Page, Jessica Jones, Stature, Karolina Dean, Sharon Carter, Gwen Stacey(ultimate), Moonstone, Songbird, Screaming Mimi,

Greg Dulcie-Cable

Tabitha Ray-Squirrel Girl

Elizabeth Maxwell-Jessica Drew/Spider-woman, Felicia Hardy/Black Cat,

Bruce Carey-Stick and Eziekial

Mark Stoddard-Thunderbolt Ross

Jeremy Shwartz-Meastro

Alexis Tipton-Pixie

Kent Williams-Magneto, the Owl, Otto Octavious' father, GrandMaster of the Universe , the Collector, and Ben Urich

Jason Douglas-Doctor Doom, Super-Skrull, and Gladiator(Daredevil)

Ed Blaylock-Franklin Richards

John Swasey-Wilson Fisk/ Kingpin

Chris Rager-the Juggernaut

Lydia Mackay-Mystique and Elektra

Todd Haberkorn-Harry Osborn and Sunfire

Trina Nishimura-Dagger, Nico Minoru, and Surge

Austin Tindle-Cyclops(young)

Stephanie Young-Storm , Gamora, and Madame Hydra

Phil Parsons-Nick Fury(classic)

Jerry Jewell-Jack o'Lantern, Purple Man, and Jester

Ian Sinclair-Electro, Scorpion, Bruce Banner,

David Wald-The Punisher

Brett Weaver-Nuke

Chuck Huber-Tony Stark/ Iron man and Ned Leeds

Lara Woodhul-Valerie Richards

J Michael Tatum-Mister Fantastic, Daredevil, Guardian , Adam Warlock, and SuperSkrull

Joel Mcdonald-Victor Mancha

Barry Yandell-Doctor Stephen Strange

Anastasia Munoz-Madame Masque

Maxey Whitehead-Franklin Richards

Lindsey Seidal-Xavin

Alex Organ-Norrin Radd/Silver Surfer and Vision

Tyson Reinhart-Microbe

Marisa Lanti-Pepper Potts

Bryan Massey-Bullseye

so who do you want to play each Marvel Characters?

• Unfortunately, such speculation is unwarranted: Marvell is a closely guarded IP (Intellectual Property) for Disney… they will almost certainly never go third party for anything.

Furthermore, I contest that Funimation needs to stick with the "real" Japanese Animation, and not "venture into the dark side" with American comics; or otherwise...

• @thegrandalliance:

Unfortunately, such speculation is unwarranted: Marvell is a closely guarded IP (Intellectual Property) for Disney… they will almost certainly never go third party for anything.

Furthermore, I contest that Funimation needs to stick with the "real" Japanese Animation, and not "venture into the dark side" with American comics; or otherwise...

hey they do video games and a few other stuff. Ocean still does Marvel to this day. and there could be a chance for FUNImation to do some marvel related projects.

• @thegrandalliance:

Carry on, folks.

• I think Disney killed what little chance there was of Funimation having remotely anything to do with anything by Marvel, so I'm afraid it won't happen.

Not to mention, I don't think Funimation does much, if anything besides dubs.

• I see no one for Deadpool. This bothers me. :hmm:

• @TIL:

Carry on, folks.

Normally I understand your posts, NOBU… this time I am at a loss...

@apocolypse67:

hey they do video games and a few other stuff. Ocean still does Marvel to this day. and there could be a chance for FUNImation to do some marvel related projects.

Funimation does Anime, not games. Some actors do cross over when there is NA release of an Anime game… but not intentionally. In either case, Disney has an army of VA talent... no need for Funimation "noobs", as they would say...

• @thegrandalliance:

It means "Shut up, let the man dream for a second."

• @SpacemanHardy:

It means "Shut up, let the man dream for a second."

…and I AM the condescending one, supposedly...

• @SpacemanHardy:

I see no one for Deadpool. This bothers me. :hmm:

yeah i would be sticking with some LA casts so i can't decide who would be a great or good deadpool than North North or Ryan Reynolds.

@thegrandalliance:

Funimation does Anime, not games. Some actors do cross over when there is NA release of an Anime game... but not intentionally. In either case, Disney has an army of VA talent... no need for Funimation "noobs", as they would say...

yes but looking at the funimation casts especially with the additional casts they really capture the characters and the universe.

EDIT: Please don't double-post. Use the "Edit Post" button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• @apocolypse67:

yeah i would be sticking with some LA casts so i can't decide who would be a great or good deadpool than North North or Ryan Reynolds.

Orion Pitts might work, to be honest.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Orion Pitts might work, to be honest.

yeah but i heard a few of his roles. one from saldeath and another from grimgar who sounds a bit like a latin bryce papenbrook.

• @thegrandalliance:

…and I AM the condescending one, supposedly...

I'm sorry; Would it make it better if I added on a pointed tongue smiley to signify playfulness and sarcasm? :P

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'm sorry; Would it make it better if I added on a pointed tongue smiley to signify playfulness and sarcasm?

LoL, no. Unlike SOME people here apparently, I can tolerate "condescension" just fine. If I can "dish" it supposedly, I should be able to "take" it, right? In either case, simply making the point that I am "not the only one"; Double-standards FTW :)

Anyways, I was intending originally only to be realist. Would it be "interesting" to see Funimation VA for some Marvell things? Maybe, but I don't want this guy's hopes to get high, only to fall flat and /ragequit or otherwise.

Call it "tempered enthusiasm", if you will. Alas, if you want to conduct a "hypothetical discussion" on the matter, be my guest; there are no objections here, nevertheless.

EDIT: Speaking of Marvell.. just finished up watching the weekly "Marvell: Agents of Shield" on ABC (Tuesdays at 9pm). Reason my posts were delayed; was going in-between commercial breaks. Next week is season finale. Wonder if they are gonna kill Daisy off finally…

Ironic, isn't it?...

• Well to be fair, I originally posted my fan-cast of "If Funimation dubbed Final Fantasy VII" on Twitter a few months ago, and was pondering over whether or not I should post it on the forums. So when I saw this very similar topic, I was like, "Psssh, go for it."

• @thegrandalliance:

LoL, no. Unlike SOME people here apparently, I can tolerate "condescension" just fine. If I can "dish" it supposedly, I should be able to "take" it, right? In either case, simply making the point that I am "not the only one"; Double-standards FTW :)

Anyways, I was intending originally only to be realist. Would it be "interesting" to see Funimation VA for some Marvell things? Maybe, but I don't want this guy's hopes to get high, only to fall flat and /ragequit or otherwise.

Call it "tempered enthusiasm", if you will. Alas, if you want to conduct a "hypothetical discussion" on the matter, be my guest; there are no objections here, nevertheless.

EDIT: Speaking of Marvell.. just finished up watching the weekly "Marvell: Agents of Shield" on ABC (Tuesdays at 9pm). Reason my posts were delayed; was going in-between commercial breaks. Next week is season finale. Wonder if they are gonna kill Daisy off finally…

Ironic, isn't it?...

i don't and won't go into temper tantrums unless if someone is trying to be a jerkwad in a conversation. as for FUNImation and Marvel, there is still a chance for that to happen someday.

• @SpacemanHardy:

"If Funimation dubbed Final Fantasy VII"

To be fair… FF is in Japanese realm. Therefore, statistically speaking of course, very far more likely that Funimation would ever get their hands on that. Whereas Marvell is squarely American, and very closely guarded at that. Possible? Yes, I suppose... just like it is possible that space aliens are real of course :)

In either case, never feel the need to "dream on" of course; no matter what "condescending" people like myself say. In other words:

TGA: "….BLAAAASHEMY!!!!"

(in response thereof…)

/noobstomp

@apocolypse67:

i don't and won't go into temper tantrums unless if someone is trying to be a jerkwad in a conversation.

"Ahhh, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain…"

I see you only have a few posts on your post count; you must otherwise be new to participating on forums. This is simply "a thing" that exists between me/"the world"… it has nothing to do with you; don't worry you're fine and all. :)

Nothing to see here, move on...

@apocolypse67:

as for FUNImation and Marvel, there is still a chance for that to happen someday.

Well, logically since I see the NBC/Funimation deal that occurred last year, I would see it even less likely that Disney would "partner" with one of its corporate rivals"… however of course; as to not rain on your parade, it is so...

Possible? Yes. As the great words of wisdom once stated:

"Anything's ever possible, Mario; you just have to believe…"

-Luigi, Super Mario Brothers Movie

https://youtu.be/mXbIYfAIgos

• @thegrandalliance:

Whereas Marvell is squarely American, and very closely guarded at that.

Someone's obviously never watched the four Marvel Anime series animated by Madhouse.

Or heard of the Marvel Disk Wars anime. ~_^

• @thegrandalliance:

Would it be "interesting" to see Funimation VA for some Marvell things?

@SpacemanHardy:

I was like, "Psssh, go for it."

Yes and Yes.
    Will the company itself have a hand in it? No. I don't expect such.
    Have fun. I don't follow Marvel comics or VA's that closely, So I'm no help.

@thegrandalliance:

just like it is possible that space aliens are real of course

Probability is on its side, whether or not we'll ever discover the truth. ~_^

• @thegrandalliance:

To be fair… FF is in Japanese realm. Therefore, statistically speaking of course, very far more likely that Funimation would ever get their hands on that. Whereas Marvell is squarely American, and very closely guarded at that. Possible? Yes, I suppose... just like it is possible that space aliens are real of course :)

In either case, never feel the need to "dream on" of course; no matter what "condescending" people like myself say. In other words:

TGA: "….BLAAAASHEMY!!!!"

(in response thereof…)

/noobstomp

"Ahhh, pay no mind to the man behind the curtain…"

I see you only have a few posts on your post count; you must otherwise be new to participating on forums. This is simply "a thing" that exists between me/"the world"… it has nothing to do with you; don't worry you're fine and all. :)

Nothing to see here, move on...

Well, logically since I see the NBC/Funimation deal that occurred last year, I would see it even less likely that Disney would "partner" with one of its corporate rivals"… however of course don't want to rain on your parade of course.

Possible? Yes. As the great words of wisdom once stated:

"Anything's ever possible, Mario; you just have to believe…"

-Luigi, Super Mario Brothers Movie

there is still a possibility for that to happen. if warner bros. can make a lego marvel game then the people at funimation can totally do marvel some projects.