Future of Sgt. Frog

• What do the prospects look like for Sgt. Frog's future. I understand the show was put on hiatus in '11 or '12, but what do you think the future looks like for this show? I have recently gotten really into it, and would love to see a 4th season.

• I'm with you Tamama, there are so many pop culture references they could pull off in the later episodes

• Hoping for at lest the 4th season, some of the show's best episodes are in it.

• Funimation has started testing sub-only waters, so that might be our only option for more of the show.

• @Looneygamemaster:

Funimation has started testing sub-only waters, so that might be our only option for more of the show.

But I've seen all of the episodes subbed on youtube, I would like them dubbed badly. If they offered a blu-ray version of season 4 for $40-$50, I would buy it in a heartbeat!

• Gosh, if they go sub-only on this show…I'll be heartbroken. Gero gero gero...
    I do like subs, but this is -without question-the best and most hilarious dub I've ever seen! I really, really hope they make another season - or two - or three - all my anime-watching friends ADORE Sgt. Frog!

• I would love to see more dubs of this too, especially because they really had fun with them even spoofing the time discrepency between when the show was originaly made and was taking place and when they were dubbing it years later. This is one of those great examples of what dubs can do by really localizing a show to make it easily relateble but at the same time keeping with the feel, spirit, and intention of the original script.

Probably the only way though we will ever see more dubs though is if they can sucessfully market it to TV like on toonami, especially for a show as long as this, you need more noteriety and a larger fanbase to make a show this large worth it im sure. but since they haven't sold it yet in the 5 years or so since they made the dubs there is probably little chance

• Dont start rumors! k.

• @Rue:

recent rumor

Considering that Brina Palencia is alive and well, I know where I'm classifying this info. ;P

• This needs dubbed. They did a fantastic job. They just need to get on on TV!

• I would definitely buy a S4 bluray if it came out. In fact, I'd rebuy S1-S3 if they came out on bluray.

• If they don't start dubbing the Sgt. Frog series season 4 soon, we all need to start a Frog Rebellion!!

• @TIL:

Considering that Brina Palencia is alive and well, I know where I'm classifying this info. ;P

We need to do something to get FUNimation's attention, we can't go another 2-3 years on just rumors!

• @lucky_frog:

We need to do something to get FUNimation's attention, we can't go another 2-3 years on just rumors!

Buying 10K copies of each season will get FUNimation's attention.

• @lucky_frog:

If they don't start dubbing the Sgt. Frog series season 4 soon, we all need to start a Frog Rebellion!!

Actually, I heard from one of the VA's at a con this month that they had dubbed a little of season 4 while they were finishing up season 3, but they can't do anything more without FUNi getting it licensed.

• @linkman0596:

Actually, I heard from one of the VA's at a con this month that they had dubbed a little of season 4 while they were finishing up season 3, but they can't do anything more without FUNi getting it licensed.

This is a great tidbit of information. Seasons 1-3 need to sell more in order for them to pay for the license.

• @Tamama:

This is a great tidbit of information. Seasons 1-3 need to sell more in order for them to pay for the license.

All we have to do is find the full first episode on youtube and copy/paste the link, write a little explaining the situation and how we need more people buying S1-S3 and giving them a link to buy it. Finally posting it to facebook, twitter, myspace (lol myspace), and all the other social networks and tell all your friends to repost it or copy/paste it. If enough people do this we can get it going again.

• I don't think this is going to become a sub only anime I mean the English comedy is the whole appeal to the show in America. But as the future of the show I dont really know. Funimation is quick to drop shows but the fact they did not officially drop this one yet and that the forums are still around says something. I think funimation really likes this show and it probably sold well just not was well as they would of wanted. I watched all three seasons on Netflix like I do with most of my anime because I don't want to buy the dvds but when it comes to sgt.frog I dont mind paying for the discs :)

• I just bought a dvd, that wont change anything. Hopefully they will dub more.

• Personally, I never cared for the dubs. I think the Japanese version is funny enough. I just want to watch the rest of the series with English subtitles.

• @lucky_frog:

If they don't start dubbing the Sgt. Frog series season 4 soon, we all need to start a Frog Rebellion!!

It has been too long since we got dubbed Sgt.Frog. So i think it is time to FIGHT!!