Anime you'd like to see re-released

• Apologies if there's a thread like this already. Merge with that one of you must.

Now, there's a great many anime we love. But some anime, there are probably ones we missed out on getting copies the first time around.

If we're lucky, the aftermarket isn't terribly harsh. If it is, however, then we're left either spending hundreds of dollars on four episodes or stuck without a way to watch it.

Or alternatively, we own copies from back then, but we still want to get copies for our friends and family…and the same thing happens. We feel bad for those who missed out on it the first time around.

Either way, we can only keep writing and hoping some kind company re-releases the show.

Now, for my choices? The second Cardcaptor Sakura movie hasn't seen a rerelease outside of Japan. Seeing as how it concludes the story, this is especially frustrating, especially for newer fans like myself. I have the old Pioneer DVD, but it'd still be nice for a newer edition to come out. Discotek, NISA, somebody jump on it.

Speaking of Cardcaptor Sakura, while the series itself has seen a rerelease, I do kinda want to see the Nelvana dub, Cardcaptors, see a rerelease. I never saw much of the Nelvana dub even when it was on, so it'd be nice to fufill morbid curiosity.

Another one I'd like a rerelease of? Well, I know I have the releases, but several Fullmetal Alchemist anime went out of print, so it'd be nice to see a re-release of those, though knowing Aniplex, it'd probably be too expensive.

Lupin the Third: Dead or Alive would be another one , if only to see a better release than what Funimation put out back then. Picture quality is terrible there. Was that the best they could get?

Those are from the top of my head. What are yours?

• Funny enough, I seem to have a habit of finding the series I want that have been out of print at our local used dvd store. My biggest score being the complete Code Geass series, but just the other day I found the second Cardcaptor Sakura movie which I snatched right up.

Wolf's Rain is the one that I would LOVE to own but can't seem to find copies in good condition for a good price anywhere. This show is a masterpiece in my opinion and I would love to have it on my shelf. I keep hoping someone will pick it up.

Another out of print show I would love to have is Monster. I keep telling people about it but I can never find it anywhere.

As far as movies go, I really want Sword of the Stranger, it's been a big regret not getting that one when I had the chance. For a long time I moaned over missing out on The Girl Who Leapt Through Time, so my joy at seeing Funimation rescue it was boundless.

• Besides the obvious one (which emdier mentioned)?

Story of Saiunkoku. I would also love to see the second season, which never got released. Same with the 3rd season of Kyo Kara Maoh, except… well, the first season (which I did buy) doesn't hold up all that well, honestly...

And Gosick never got released here.

Those three. Just... someone, please. Stream them, DVD, something. Especially Saiunkoku season 2. Saiunkoku is like a better version of Yona/SWWTRH/all those things that are popular.

• @SorrealBrain:

Apologies if there's a thread like this already. Merge with that one of you must.

Now, there's a great many anime we love. But some anime, there are probably ones we missed out on getting copies the first time around.

If we're lucky, the aftermarket isn't terribly harsh. If it is, however, then we're left either spending hundreds of dollars on four episodes or stuck without a way to watch it.

Or alternatively, we own copies from back then, but we still want to get copies for our friends and family…and the same thing happens. We feel bad for those who missed out on it the first time around.

Either way, we can only keep writing and hoping some kind company re-releases the show.

Now, for my choices? The second Cardcaptor Sakura movie hasn't seen a rerelease outside of Japan. Seeing as how it concludes the story, this is especially frustrating, especially for newer fans like myself. I have the old Pioneer DVD, but it'd still be nice for a newer edition to come out. Discotek, NISA, somebody jump on it.

Speaking of Cardcaptor Sakura, while the series itself has seen a rerelease, I do kinda want to see the Nelvana dub, Cardcaptors, see a rerelease. I never saw much of the Nelvana dub even when it was on, so it'd be nice to fufill morbid curiosity.

Another one I'd like a rerelease of? Well, I know I have the releases, but several Fullmetal Alchemist anime went out of print, so it'd be nice to see a re-release of those, though knowing Aniplex, it'd probably be too expensive.

Lupin the Third: Dead or Alive would be another one , if only to see a better release than what Funimation put out back then. Picture quality is terrible there. Was that the best they could get?

Those are from the top of my head. What are yours?

AS I SAID LAST TIME CODE GEASS! Get it to me NOW Funimation! -_-

• @gohan6425:

AS I SAID LAST TIME CODE GEASS! Get it to me NOW Funimation! -_-

Yeah, they seriously need to get on top of that! I am dying to see this show.

• we need to see his hair fwoosh around in glorious HD.

. . . as for other things.
    Scrapped Princess. I thought of this when I mentioned Outbreak Company to someone asking for recommendations, since they're from the same LN author. I don't know how well it would hold up, but I loved it back when I watched it. I think I cosplayed Pacifica, actually…

• @Fiammetta:

And Gosick never got released here.

How could I forget Gosick. It was glorious.

• For me it would be (On Blu-Ray)

Scrapped Princess
    Record of Lodoss War OVA Series
    RahXephon

(By the way I have all 3 titles on DVD but out of all the titles I have, these three need Blu-Ray Releases)

(Both RahXephon and Lodoss OVA have had BD releases in Japan)

-As for titles that I don't have Paranoia Agent

• Hoping to see Evangelion released on BD here someday… That's the big one for me.

Gosick was never put on DVD in the first place, and it deserved to be.

And it would be nice if Funi's Aniplex casualties found their way back someday as well.

• For me what I'd love to see get re-released the most is El Hazard: The Magnificent World, not The Wanderers. I already know Nozomi Entertainment has the rights to that. Just wondering why its only that one. Everything else in the El Hazard franchise is so much better than that.

• Nichijou never even got a proper release. This needs to be fixed ASAP.

• Like we said… neither did Gosick.

Or Saiunkoku season 2. Or most of Case Closed, and the movies. At least Gosick and Nichijou used to be streaming...

• E.Y.E.S. of Mars it was a really good movie that ive seen on the syfy channel back in th 90s