The FunimationNow App

• Well I have posted this to Funimation's Facebook and Google+ sites and I am in contact with Christina Miller as well. Here is the message:

Funimation you really pissed me off big time. Thanks to your new app. I may not be a member for that much longer. I use a Proscan PLT7100G Android Version 4.4.2 tablet and It will not let me use the app. As you can see from the attached picture. I went to Google Play Store on my tablet and that is what I see.

I have been in contact with Christina Miller and this is one of my replies to her and this pertains to you. Here is what I said to her:

Then I will not be able to be a member period. I have a slow computer and will not be able to play any anime. Who was the person that made the new app? I want to know if he or she talked to the membership first before this happened. Now I am not going to be able to complete watching Fairy Tail and any other of the anime I have on my list. This is really pissed me off. The only way for me to attempt to get the app is me getting a new tablet but I can't afford it because I got my tablet from money from my uncle last year. I can't ask him for money right now until my birthday and/or Christmas. Why is Funimation discriminating those that can't use the new app and not be able to support the current version? I have been a member for over 3 years and is this any way to treat a member? Who owns Funimation and how
    can Contact the owner? I prefer to call the owner. In watching Fairy Tail I have watched 127 episodes and I still want to complete it. I am also in the middle of watching High School DxD, Witchblade, Corpse Princess, Kiddy Grade, Jinki: Extend, and Arise: Ghost In The Shell. When you get this reply it will be 6 days, and there is now way in gods green earth I will be able to complete those series. I still have others on my list I have not started. What your company did to me and those like me is wrong. The only remedy I can see is for your company to support the current version of the app.

I made an correction to my membership I have been a member since 12-16-2014 basically I have been a member for 2 years not 3 years as I said before.

I hope your happy that you may lose a member.
    attachment_t_10921_0_funimationnow.jpg

• 'Bye, Felicia.

@Hanssen01:

Why is Funimation discriminating those that can't use the new app and not be able to support the current version?

Progress. It's like complaining the newest version of your favorite program doesn't support Windows XP anymore.

My advice: stop your subscription, and use the money saved to buy something more modern to replace that gimpware. Then restart.

• BTW there is a possible workaround solution… use the funimation.com player instead. I would assume that your tablet would have either Adobe Flash (which can be downloaded if not) or HTML 5 Browser-based Video Player. You won't have the app, but you can still watch stuff "old school" instead using Chrome/Firefox, the like...

This computer I have (not my "main") still runs XP, and can still play Anime here (not HD well)... so if can do it, I imagine a tablet should too.

@TIL:

Progress. It's like complaining the newest version of your favorite program doesn't support Windows XP anymore.

My advice: stop your subscription, and use the money saved to buy something more modern to replace that gimpware. Then restart.

LoL, and I am the one accused of being "the condescending one" here. Noticed you have been selectively holding your fire on these forums for a bit now, in either case…

For all ye "noob trolls" out there, the following is what "condescension" actually looks like:

What is sad is you fell into the trap, NOBU. There is no need to buy new tech to play something that already works.. rather simply find a way around the problem. That requires something called "intelligence" of course, as it were. BTW 1 year's sub does not = a new "acceptable" computer device. At best, it would take 2 year's of subs to == that. Math is a wonderful thing, or not… TIL NOBU :)

/fancylaugh

/condescension

• @TIL:

'Bye, Felicia.

It's the principle of the thing. Companies need to start to think of their customers or anyone that uses their products who uses computers or tablets that they can't upgrade because of their financial problems. I am disabled and that disability prevents me from working and I am on Social Security Income and I also live in a Low Income Housing and the money I get does not allow me to get another computer or a tablet.

My current piece of shit computer a Windows XP Pro Pentium 3 966mHz processor with 512mb of RAM will not allow me to watch anime on the main site period no matter if it is in Standard Def or not. My computer is donated to me and the person that donated to me I can't contact because I got it from a friend of mine and I can't get him to contact the person to help me. My tablet was a gift from my uncles money. Just read what I wrote above.

• I been using the App but the App doesn't work some of the times wont play some of the videos. so I'm having a problem with it to

• @Hanssen01:

My tablet was a gift from my uncles money. Just read what I wrote above.

@Hanssen01:

Funimation you really pissed me off big time. Thanks to your new app. I may not be a member for that much longer. I use a Proscan PLT7100G Android Version 4.4.2 tablet and It will not let me use the app.

'

Have you tried doing what I said on your tablet? Using browser-based viewer instead of the app?

@Hanssen01:

It's the principle of the thing. Companies need to start to think of their customers or anyone that uses their products who uses computers or tablets that they can't upgrade because of their financial problems.

I don't want to sound, uh "condescending", nevertheless: Businesses assume that consumers who using old tech are not profitable. For instance, they assume that you cannot afford their product, if you cannot afford the needed technology.

Now, "affordability" is really a matter of prioritization… nevertheless, this is how they assume. If they were to lose you as a customer, it is considered " an acceptable loss", in either case...

• @thegrandalliance:

'

Have you tried doing what I said on your tablet? Using browser-based viewer instead of the app?

I don't want to sound, uh "condescending", nevertheless: Businesses assume that consumers who using old tech are not profitable. For instance, they assume that you cannot afford their product, if you cannot afford the needed technology.

Now, "affordability" is really a matter of prioritization… nevertheless, this is how they assume. If they were to lose you as a customer, it is considered " an acceptable loss", in either case...

It does work but not well. The top and bottom parts of the screen get cut off.

• @Hanssen01:

It does work but not well. The top and bottom parts of the screen get cut off.

Ahh, that probably is a function of the browser's "zoom setting"… need to zoom/magnify the browser in or out accordingly.

Also, depending on the resolution ability of the device... set it accordingly as well (highest resolution possible). If it is a 720p device, then you probably shouldn't watch video greater then 720p, for instance.

Again, if it is playing find, but simply cut off... try to change the level (either browser or system wide) zoom, and in theory should work. IDK Android very well, nevertheless I am preety sure you can do with Chrome Browser.

• @thegrandalliance:

the following is what "condescension" actually looks like:

True, that does make you sound more dickish. Thankfully, I'm classier than that.
    Usually. ~_^

@Hanssen01:

Companies need to start to think of their customers or anyone that uses their products who uses computers or tablets that they can't upgrade because of their financial problems.

16th Rule of Fandumb: Anime is a luxury item; if you can't afford it, you don't need it, period.

What's your local library like?

• @TIL:

True, that does make you sound more dickish. Thankfully, I'm classier than that.
    Usually. ~_^

16th Rule of Fandumb: Anime is a luxury item; if you can't afford it, you don't need it, period.

What's your local library like?

Well my library is not in walking distance. My libraries computers have a 2 hour per day per visit rule. So watching Funimation on them is out of the question.

• A lot of libraries will have a selection of anime that you can check out and watch at home. Depending on where you are the selection may not be great though. (I live in a small town for example so my library does not have a lot to choose from.)

• @priestesstyrande:

A lot of libraries will have a selection of anime that you can check out and watch at home. Depending on where you are the selection may not be great though. (I live in a small town for example so my library does not have a lot to choose from.)

Not my library.

• @TIL:

Aahhh, says the unenlightened. "Everyone should be watching…" as if they were; perhaps our political environment wouldn't be so "retarded", to say the least. Lots of good story/observations on homo sapiens that various shows watch.

Now Taylor Swift, that most certainly is "a luxury"... if it can be called that, as it were. WTF did I mention Taylor Swift? "Randomness..."

/fancylaugh

@Hanssen01:

Not my library.

…back to the point at hand... IDK what your situation is, and I will not presume to know it otherwise; nevertheless, I would explore you to find a way to get the income for a useful computing device, in some way. Assuming I didn't bust out all of my previous device (way to overload the GPU on Skyrim) I would mail you my old one.

Else, I would suggest you try to get your tablet you have to work properly... get a new browser or otherwise so you can at least watch Standard Definition, as it were...

• @Hanssen01:

Not my library.

Unfortunate. I live in a small town so mine does not have a selection of anime either. :(

• @thegrandalliance:

Aahhh, says the unenlightened. "Everyone should be watching…" as if they were; perhaps our political environment wouldn't be so "retarded", to say the least. Lots of good story/observations on homo sapiens that various shows watch.

Now Taylor Swift, that most certainly is "a luxury"... if it can be called that, as it were. WTF did I mention Taylor Swift? "Randomness..."

/fancylaugh

...back to the point at hand... IDK what your situation is, and I will not presume to know it otherwise; nevertheless, I would explore you to find a way to get the income for a useful computing device, in some way. Assuming I didn't bust out all of my previous device (way to overload the GPU on Skyrim) I would mail you my old one.

Else, I would suggest you try to get your tablet you have to work properly... get a new browser or otherwise so you can at least watch Standard Definition, as it were...

Well I can't work because my disability makes it hard to keep a job and I live in a low income housing with my wife. She is also disabled and can't work. I will not go into details why this is. If my wife and I did work. Both of our Social Security Income and Social Security Disability Income will be cut and our rent will go up. If we did this both our paychecks and SSI checks will not be able to pay the rent. This happen to someone that lived in one of the Housing Commission of Anne Arundel County apartment complexes. He had to quit work so he can pay the rent. I get my medical insurance through my SSI. So I can't work so I can't save money to get a better tablet. I got my current tablet from money my uncle gave me for a birthday present. I can't ask him for money now.

What is your device you had does it still work?

• Just out of curiosity, do you have high-speed internet and an HD television?

If so, then I'd definitely recommend getting a Roku device. They're relatively inexpensive (usually around $50 or so) and the Funimation app usually works very well on it. I used to have a ton of problems as well when I was streaming via my Xbox 360, but when I switched over to the Roku, most of my problems went away.

Anyways, just something to consider. :)

• @Hanssen01:

What is your device you had does it still work?

Na, its in pieces… the GPU was fried after 8 years of service. Was a laptop. Also fried the HDD as well, because I failed to remember to use the right voltage on the reader on it. In either case, its toast.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Just out of curiosity, do you have high-speed internet and an HD television?

If so, then I'd definitely recommend getting a Roku device. They're relatively inexpensive (usually around $50 or so) and the Funimation app usually works very well on it. I used to have a ton of problems as well when I was streaming via my Xbox 360, but when I switched over to the Roku, most of my problems went away.

Anyways, just something to consider. :)

I do have Broadband Internet but i don't have a HD TV. I can't afford getting a HD TV or an Roku device. A thing I can't consider, due to my being disabled and on Social Security Income.

• @thegrandalliance:

Na, its in pieces… the GPU was fried after 8 years of service. Was a laptop. Also fried the HDD as well, because I failed to remember to use the right voltage on the reader on it. In either case, its toast.

I really wish it was not in pieces.

• @Hanssen01:

I really wish it was not in pieces.

Doesn't matter.. it wouldn't work even if it wasn't. The GPU/HDD are fried, it is simply a brick now.

• @Hanssen01:

an Roku device.

Now that you've quit your subscription:
    https://www.roku.com/products/roku-1

Plays 480 just fine.