Code Geass discussion

• Since there's no forum for it yet.

So…

• Favorite characters?
    • General thoughts on the series?
    • Favorite moments?
    • Akito dub cast speculation?
    • Merchandise discussion?

Since it is the 10th anniversary and all...

NO SPOILERS, since it is still out of print, after all. And... even if just for courtesy's sake, I think there's been enough complaining about the lack of release that we don't need to retread that territory.

• Favorite Characters
    Suzaku is the easy one for me here. I actually went in to the show expecting to hate him. I heard nothing but bad things about him before starting it and there seemed to be such a negative reception to his character, I had a negative first impression of him before even watching the show. Yet it did not take long for him to become far and away my favorite in the series and he remained my favorite to the end.

General thoughts on the series
    It's awesome, end of story. When I first watched it I watched the series in a matter of days, it was an obsession. Every twist and turn had me all the more fascinated and I needed to see where it went. The ending made me cry, which not many series have accomplished. I had a mini fangasm when I saw the show, still wrapped and unopened, in a used DVD store for a super cheap price, it remains one of my favorite surprise finds, it's a series I didn't think I would own unless Funimation re-released it.

All I can say is THANK GOODNESS I got in to the series after it had all aired. The cliffhanger that season 1 left us with would have driven me mad! One of the most intense scenes of any anime.

Favorite Moments
    There are so many and most can be identified by a single quote. (Keeping in mind I watched the dub. Because the dub is glorious.)
    I'll put these in spoiler. I don't think they are because they're just quotes and I don't think they really reveal much, but who knows they might be.

! "Obey me subjects. Obey me WORLD!"
    "I, Lelouch vi Brittania command you. Now all of you… Die"
    "I destroyed a world... And created a new..."
    "In the end you would betray the entire world. The way it's betrayed you! I'm not going to let your sick twisted dream be realized!"
    "Suzaku... You're Japanese, aren't you?"
    ! There are so many good ones, but those are my top 5. Bonus scenes would be
    "One is enough with Lancelot Albion."
    "Let me make this easier for you all to understand. Acknowledge me as Emporer!"

• @Fiammetta:

Since there's no forum for it yet.

So…

• Favorite characters?
    • General thoughts on the series?
    • Favorite moments?
    • Akito dub cast speculation?
    • Merchandise discussion?

Since it is the 10th anniversary and all...

NO SPOILERS, since it is still out of print, after all. And... even if just for courtesy's sake, I think there's been enough complaining about the lack of release that we don't need to retread that territory.

Favorite characters? ZERO! The Knight of Justice! :)

General thoughts on the series? LOVE IT! When watch on Adult Swim I was like wow we got a winner… It came right after Bleach and I was shock how great the show was... Having a parallel universe of world history of thing basic on are real history but change in a different way... Right away got me interested in the show since I love history and with being anime made even better... I was in high school when it was on TV and it was nothing but epic...The series really let you think of thing of having to make choices what you do fight for then or fight against... You see this with Suzaku and Kallen...

Favorite Moments?

! I :hmm: hard thing to said as I alot Favorite Moments… But if I had to said 1 when the Black Knights are form it really let you know there where FOR REAL... Another 1 that was good was Zero out smarted the guy from the mining rights... Using C.C. as a decoy to fool him... Just show how smart Lelouch is...

Akito dub cast speculation? Well I already getting my point on this the old cast come back t play there roles and the new characters get casted as Funimation… I still an betting Chris Sabat is going to be Akito...

Merchandise discussion? I don't thing have any out right now?

• @emdier:

Favorite Characters
    Suzaku is the easy one for me here. I actually went in to the show expecting to hate him. I heard nothing but bad things about him before starting it and there seemed to be such a negative reception to his character, I had a negative first impression of him before even watching the show. Yet it did not take long for him to become far and away my favorite in the series and he remained my favorite to the end.

<3<3<3<3<3

This gives me hope for the world.

@gohan6425:

But if I had to said 1 when the Black Knights are form it really let you know there where FOR REAL…

This thisthisthisthis….
    That episode is just so great<3

The directing is just excellent at so many points in that series. That's one (the end of Stage 8). Also, the finale. Iconic.
    (Iconic enough to inspire other splendid series to do homage scenes for the end, complete with awesome music casually sips tea)

If I had to say which is my favorite episode... probably Stage 16. That one just has so much about Lelouch, Suzaku, and Nunnally's relationship... that trio. Just... just them. They deserve to be happy together.

Also Lloyd. Lloyd is amazing. I had a headcanon/theory that he'd figured out Lelouch was Zero early on, and he just didn't tell anyone. Because why would he? The less they know about their enemy, the more they need his knightmares (vs. defeating him based on that information). And there's always the risk that no one would believe him and he'd get in trouble for saying that about a dead prince. But by that scene in R2 Turn 8, he knows.

Also, so, has anyone else heard the audio dramas that came with the Bandai LE sets back in the day? FUNi really needs to include those... they're amazing, and they give so much more character information that you don't get from the series.

• @Fiammetta:

If I had to say which is my favorite episode… probably Stage 16. That one just has so much about Lelouch, Suzaku, and Nunnally's relationship... that trio. Just... just them. They deserve to be happy together.

This was the part of the series I was most invested in. Entire countries and races are at stake and I'm like "Ok, this is interesting and all, but tell me more about our trio". I kinda would love a prequel OVA just focusing on their time of when they were all living together before they were seperated.

• It's in the audio dramas! Seriously, FUNi needs to include them.

There's a series of 5 or 6 about their "summer of happiness" together, one about how Lelouch and Nunnally met Milly, one about how he met Rivalz, one about Clovis' reasons for wanting to become viceroy, even though he has no political/military skill (spoiler: it's because of his love for his dead little brother… Lelouch).
    And then a bunch of ones that take place during season1, that are sometimes comedy, sometimes sad... there are about 18 or so, total, I think?
    I've heard that the season2 ones are all just silly comedy ones (e.g. the girls all discussing if Lelouch could ever beat Suzaku in a fight, and trailing off into yaoi fantasies; Lelouch getting part-time jobs; things like that). The season2 picture dramas have plot, but they weren't translated. FUNi needs to do those, even if only subbed... Dubbing them would be amazing, but it might be hard to get all of those minor characters' voices after all these years...

• So there's a new Geass slot machine in Japan. Which means new art.

This is probably the best picture of C.C. ever.

• Very cute art, I actually really like the one of them in the garden. It's not often we see all those characters looking happy.

Although I protest, not enough Suzaku.

• Here you go~ I love him too ^_^

btw: garden one is a bit of a remake of this

Some of the other ones are "remakes" sort of, too.

• @Fiammetta:

Here you go~ I love him too ^_^

btw: garden one is a bit of a remake of this

Some of the other ones are "remakes" sort of, too.

Wait is this real? Are that making new Code Geass Show?

• Favorite Character: Hmm… that's tough. I might go with Lelouch - either him or Jeremiah. And my favorite female character is probably Kallen. All I know is, my least favorite character is Suzaku by wide margins.

General thoughts: The first season borders on perfection, the only real problem being how it handles it themes. The second season, however, while being generally good, was too fast-paced, ripped apart characters, thematically all over the place, badly scripted, and a Star Wars The Force Awakens of the first season.

Favorite moments: Oh man, there's a lot. I'd probably go with the first episode - the entire thing is just golden.

Merchandise: Well I definitely hope that Funimation can (finally!) get cracking on their home media releases for it. That's all I gotta say.

Dub cast speculation: I posted this elsewhere, but here you go:

Akito Hyuga - Micah Solusod
    Young Akito - Tia Ballard
    Leila Malcal - Trina Nishimura
    Young Leila - Leah Clark
    Ryo Sayama - Mike McFarland
    Yukiya Naruse - Aaron Dismuke
    Ayano Kosaka - Brittney Karbowski
    Jean Rowe - Brina Palencia
    Anna Clement - Monica Rial
    Hilda Fagan - Luci Christian
    Chloe Winkel - Jad Saxton
    Sarah Danes - Jamie Marchi
    Ferilli Baltrow - Cherami Leigh
    Olivia Reuel - Felecia Angelle
    Kate Novak - Bryn Apprill
    Joe Wise - Sonny Strait
    David - Duncan Brannan
    Gene Smilas - Kent Williams
    Dimensional Supervisor - Maxey Whitehead
    Pierre Anou - Patrick Seitz
    Ioan Malcal - Jerry Jewell
    Stephane Malcal - Aaron Roberts
    Daniel Malcal - Chris Rager
    Oscar Hamel - Jason Liebrecht
    Claus Warwick - Chuck Huber
    Sophie Randle - Colleen Clinkenbeard
    Fortune-telling Gypsy - Wendy Powell
    Ashley Ashra - Todd Haberkorn
    Johanne Fabius - Austin Tindle
    Rene Laurent - Clifford Chapin
    Jan Manes - Justin Briner
    Simon Mericourt - Josh Grelle
    Kuzan Montoban - Joel McDonald
    Alan Necker - Ricco Fajardo
    Franz Vallo - Robert McCollum
    Scholtz - Ian Sinclair
    Dore - David Trosko
    Brondello - Alex Organ
    Shin Hyuga Shaing - Eric Vale
    Young Shin - Lindsay Seidal
    Mrs. Hyuga - Stephanie Young
    Mr. Hyuga - Kevin M. Connolly
    Geass Skull - Christopher Sabat
    Bradow Breisgau - Sean Hennigan
    Claudia Breisgau - Jessica Cavanagh
    Augusta Henry Velaines - Matthew Mercer
    Michele Manfredi - J. Michael Tatum
    Andrea Farnese - Christopher Bevins
    Micheal Augustus - John Swasey
    Gaudefroy du Villon - Phil Parsons
    Raymond du Saint-Gilles - R. Bruce Elliot
    Alice Shaing - Alexis Tipton
    Maria Shaing - Lydia Mackay
    Julius Kingsley/Lelouch vi Britannia - Johnny Yong Bosch
    Suzaku Kururugi- Yuri Lowenthal
    C.C. - Kate Higgins
    Rolo Lamperouge - Spike Spencer

• @gohan6425:

Wait is this real? Are that making new Code Geass Show?

The pictures are real, but not for a new show. a new series of pachinko/slot machines are being produced in Japan with with a Code Geass theme, so that's why there is new art

• @Getchman:

The pictures are real, but not for a new show. a new series of pachinko/slot machines are being produced in Japan with with a Code Geass theme, so that's why there is new art

But same people right!? Ijn the same storyline too right?

• @gohan6425:

But same people right!? Ijn the same storyline too right?

its a slot machine, for gambling, it doesn't have a story

• @Getchman:

its a slot machine, for gambling, it doesn't have a story

But the same people playing there roles is it not?

• @gohan6425:

But the same people playing there roles is it not?

i don't know if it talks

• @Getchman:

i don't know if it talks

Huh? Who is talks?

• @gohan6425:

Huh? Who is talks?

the slot machine, the thing we have been talking about for the last few minutes

• @Getchman:

the slot machine, the thing we have been talking about for the last few minutes

But are the people in it going to be the same people in Code Geass?

• are you asking me if a Code Geass themed gambling device is going to have Code Geass character on it?

• @gohan6425:

But are the people in it going to be the same people in Code Geass?

If you're asking if the slot machine is going to get an English dub….. then I very highly doubt it. :hmm: