PS3 app Ideas, possably work for others apps.

• 1 - The ability to turn off/on Auto play.
    Sometimes I fall asleep while watching. I wake up to it played like 10+ episodes.

2 - The ability to set what resolution to play in.
    Just started watching last month have a soft payed cap of 150gb per month. I just looked and paid the bill and the usage was at 300gb. Setting it to play at 720p would of helped greatly. Also I don't see a great deal of difference between 1080p and 720p on my TV, on my PC I do as sitting way closer.

3 - An icon or such on main video in your query that have been updated. In say the last 30 days, and is removed when they are watched,

4 - A way to set a filter for the Updated tab. Its a pain to look through every single thing ever updated it seems. I don't really care if something was last updated 950 days ago, as that probably means its a complete show, or stalled.

5 - A way to filter continuing shows from complete, and dubbed to non-dubbed.
    I usually watch dubbed complete first then dubbed continuing. Then subbed if it does not look like a dubbed coming out, or just can't wait to continue a partially complete dubbed version.

• @Daimond:

1 - The ability to turn off/on Auto play.
    Sometimes I fall asleep while watching. I wake up to it played like 10+ episodes.

This will be added to the new app.

@Daimond:

2 - The ability to set what resolution to play in.
    Just started watching last month have a soft payed cap of 150gb per month. I just looked and paid the bill and the usage was at 300gb. Setting it to play at 720p would of helped greatly. Also I don't see a great deal of difference between 1080p and 720p on my TV, on my PC I do as sitting way closer.

@Daimond:

3 - An icon or such on main video in your query that have been updated. In say the last 30 days, and is removed when they are watched,

We can look into this. For each show in your History, the list would need to check for episodes added since you last watched the show and not display anything completely watched, correct?

@Daimond:

4 - A way to set a filter for the Updated tab. Its a pain to look through every single thing ever updated it seems. I don't really care if something was last updated 950 days ago, as that probably means its a complete show, or stalled.

This should be coming. I've seen it on the Apple TV and Fire TV test apps, so it's logical that it would also be added to PlayStation. I would need to confirm, though.

@Daimond:

5 - A way to filter continuing shows from complete, and dubbed to non-dubbed.
    I usually watch dubbed complete first then dubbed continuing. Then subbed if it does not look like a dubbed coming out, or just can't wait to continue a partially complete dubbed version.

Doesn't this already happen with shows noted as 'simulcast'? (Broadcast Dubs are just simulcasts with an English language). Anything not a simulcast would be considered to be complete. Would we just need to add a Simulcast filter to the shows list?

• @Sophie:

I assume new app means an update to the app?

@Sophie:

We can look into this. For each show in your History, the list would need to check for episodes added since you last watched the show and not display anything completely watched, correct?

Yes. say there are 24 episodes in subbed, UN-watched. But I watched the 12 dubbed available, and later 1 or more new dub's get added, the icon would appear till the new shows are watched or I enter that titles menu, could also remove it. That way if new subbed versions get added and they dont get watched, the icon would not just sit there forever. :-)

@Sophie:

This should be coming. I've seen it on the Apple TV and Fire TV test apps, so it's logical that it would also be added to PlayStation. I would need to confirm, though.

hehe I work for big corporations and government. Logical does not always apply :) Think of what makes sense and plan to get/use the oposet lol :-)

@Sophie:

Doesn't this already happen with shows noted as 'simulcast'? (Broadcast Dubs are just simulcasts with an English language). Anything not a simulcast would be considered to be complete. Would we just need to add a Simulcast filter to the shows list?

Yes, but all it does is filter out non dubbed in the update tab. There is no way to do that in the Browse tab.

• @Daimond:

I assume new app means an update to the app?

Not sure. The PlayStation app is being rebuilt. I'm not sure if you'll get it through an update of the old one or if you'll need to uninstall the old one after it stops working and install the new one.

@Daimond:

Yes. say there are 24 episodes in subbed, UN-watched. But I watched the 12 dubbed available, and later 1 or more new dub's get added, the icon would appear till the new shows are watched or I enter that titles menu, could also remove it. That way if new subbed versions get added and they dont get watched, the icon would not just sit there forever. :-)

That works. It may not be available at launch, but I can pitch the feature.

@Daimond:

Yes, but all it does is filter out non dubbed in the update tab. There is no way to do that in the Browse tab.

It also filters out non-simulcasts. It sounds like we'd just need to add version and language filters to the shows list. Unfortunately, it looks like the only filter you're getting at launch of the new app is a genre filter on the Shows screen. Search is also not helpful. It doesn't have any filters at all. I'll see if we can add more filters to the shows page on the new PlayStation app. It may not be added at launch, but I can see if it can be added shortly after. Failing that, you'd also be able to use the site to see which shows are dubbed, subbed, complete, or incomplete.