Heaven's lost property: Eternal My Master English Dub

• Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, and I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.
    I was looking around for some info on if Funimation had acquired the rights to dubbing the movie, but I have no idea where to begin to look.
    If you have any information on the subject, or some good places to keep an eye out for it on, I would greatly appreciate it.

• well, for starters, they don't have the movie.

as for places to look and stay informed, the news section on this site is one place to look.

• @Getchman:

as for places to look and stay informed, the news section on this site is one place to look.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHA

OH OH OH HOOOOOOOO

HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

No. The news section of this site is a joke. Funimation considers "news" thing like telling us what animal/color/culinary/medical condition day it is, or cutting and pasting the same convention text over and over with a different logo, or announcing series/movies they aren't going to ever release, or random survey monkey polls.

No, if you want news…. go look somewhere else.

And if you're looking for the dub of the 2nd HLP movie? Well just wait until Funimation needs some cash at a con weekend again, and I'm sure they'll announce it. They'll never release it, but they'll sure as hell tell you its coming before they send the Kool-Aid Man and the White Knights after you.

• thank you for your contribution Doug.

• @grimbebo:

Hey everyone. I'm new to the forums, and I wasn't exactly sure where to post this.
    I was looking around for some info on if Funimation had acquired the rights to dubbing the movie, but I have no idea where to begin to look.
    If you have any information on the subject, or some good places to keep an eye out for it on, I would greatly appreciate it.

They haven't announced that they have acquired that movie yet. Seeing that HLP is a Kadokawa property, and folks are still waiting for Kadokawa to deliver the materials for Steins;Gate movie and Strike Witches movie, so I would imagine that seeing FUNImation release that movie this year is unlikely.

Stay tuned to their blog. If they have acquired it, FUNimation will announce it.

• @AbZeroNow:

are still waiting for Kadokawa to deliver the materials for Steins;Gate movie and Strike Witches movie

ALLEGEDLY.

Funimation refuses to comment.

OH, and HOLY S**T they posted a medical condition WEEK in the "news" today…. L.O.L.

• This post is deleted!

• ^ The lack of comment on it leads me to believe it's a waiting for material issue.

There are four scenerios that could explain what has occured(in order from most to least likely)

1. They don't have the materials.
    2. Kadokawa has decided to do an insanely long blu-ray holdback on the movies, and FUNimation doesn't want to tank sales by going DVD only initially.
    3. FUNimation is planning a theatrical run for Steins: Gate movie, and will do so after the Project Itoh films
    4. FUNimation thinks Strike Witches and Steins;Gate movies will bring mediocre sales so they are waiting to released them subtitle-only.

• @AbZeroNow:

2. Kadokawa has decided to do an insanely long blu-ray holdback on the movies, and FUNimation doesn't want to tank sales by going DVD only initially.

5. Kadokawa announces long-term partnership with Crunchyroll; leaves Funimation out all together.

"THE COST OF FREEDOM IS ALWAYS HIGH…"

• @thegrandalliance:

5. Kadokawa announces long-term partnership with Crunchyroll; leaves Funimation out all together.

**_"THE COST OF FREEDOM IS ALWAYS HIGH…"

The deal is not retroactive, and it's not clear if the deal starts in 2017 or has basically already begun with Crunchyroll's Kadokawa haul this season(Big Order, Bungou Stray Dogs, Joker Game). In any case, other than suppositions that Kadokawa still has bad blood with FUNimation over FUNimation's huge faux pas a few years back concerning HLP Forte and Strike Witches 2, I'm not going to think that those movies are not coming._**

• @AbZeroNow:

The deal is not retroactive,

The deal is "progressive" according to the release… meaning it starts where it is and they will consider adding to it in the future. They referred it to as "an alliance".

So, if Funimaiton doesn't wrap up negotiations by the time they figure stuff out, its GGWP.

• @Getchman:

well, for starters, they don't have the movie.

Or they did license it, but decided to hold off on any announcement until receipt of materials.

It wouldn't be the first time a company learned that it is impossible for people to complain about a delay if you never announced. A prior example of this was the way CR switched to remaining mum on any platforms they might be developing apps for until they were released.

• @theancientone:

it is impossible for people to complain about a delay if you never announced.

dear funimation, please post this on the wall of every cubicle you have, and take it to conventions with you.

• People complain that they want more announcements of new content and then complain when they do announce it, but it doesn't come out as fast as they want it to. I don't really think there is a clear cut way to make everyone happy considering people simultaneously say they want all available information, but they don't want any delays.

• @dougswisher:

dear funimation, please post this on the wall of every cubicle you have, and take it to conventions with you.

You should know that people do complain about there being no announcements at conventions because they have expectations of announcements. I have seen this happen many times on FUNi's forums, FB page and Twitter account.

• Yes, that is true, but I would also venture to guess that 90% of those people complaining don't want "announcements for the sake of announcements" either. It doesn't matter IF something is coming, when the time of it's arrival will be so far down the road everyone will have forgotten it was even announced in the first place.

• Well, Looks like I'm going to have to dub it myself. For all of those hardcore dub only guys like myself. Too bad I have to watch it subbed, it's always a hard transition to listen to the new and foreign voices over the english ones. Thanks for the responses though. (screw crunchyroll :C)