So when exactly in the month of May does Appletv get a funimation app?

• We've all been asking for appletv funimation app and it's supposed to come this May. I knows its impatient of me but hey you guys have good stuff I like to watch!!! So my question is…...seeing as how today is the 1 of May how much longer do we have to wait for an appletv app. Secondly, I have checked my PS3 and the funimation app is the same, nothing has been updated

• If it even comes out this month because if I remember correctly, the FunimationNow app was pushed back a few weeks.

• oh boy. It's getting really difficult to remain excited

• it will be a surprise. Not even Sophie knows an exact date.

• It will come out in May just like it's coming out in February, so in July expect another non-update.

• I too am anxiously waiting for the apple tv app. is there something different about the apple tv version than the iOS one that would cause such a delay?

• Careful what you wish for; if they rush it out because you complain, then you will only complain that it doesn't work.

It will come when its ready. Leave it at that… the world isn't exploding because it isn't out now, and of course Spring Season "sucks" too much to care. Wait until summer simulcast season, then we can talk.

• Looks like the promise of an apple TV app was just a gimmick to garner subscriptions or soothe those wanting to cancel. Shame on you Funimation you have failed your subscribers!

• @KriGo:

Looks like the promise of an apple TV app was just a gimmick to garner subscriptions or soothe those wanting to cancel. Shame on you Funimation you have failed your subscribers!

Just wait. You don't' want another "Dead on Arrival" app launch, do you? Wait until it is finished. No need to rush… the world isn't gonna end in the meantime.

https://youtu.be/urTqFMjFvrU

• @thegrandalliance:

Just wait. You don't' want another "Dead on Arrival" app launch, do you? Wait until it is finished. No need to rush… the world isn't gonna end in the meantime.

Agreed but would it hurt to at least give updates? Plus don't give a specific time if you have doubts. If you asked me that was their big mistake. Since the beginning of this month i checked all my devices, news and forums for updates, not one thing. While i am a fan of patience like you suggested, it would also help to know something is being done instead of thinking they were stringing us along because it feels like that

@dougswisher:

It will come out in May just like it's coming out in February, so in July expect another non-update.

Funny, didn't notice how similar the new funimation logo is to Yahoo until i got on my desktop and read your message and signature thing.Good catch

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• I didn't discover it, I just decided it was as good as any of their fails to use as a signature…

• 8 days of left of the month and there's still no update. This is exactly what happened with the FunimationNow app.

• @timrobasa:

Agreed but would it hurt to at least give updates? Plus don't give a specific time if you have doubts. If you asked me that was their big mistake.

Yes, but it appears a wrench was thrown into the FUNImation "Master Plan". They started the announcements back in January at the Las Vegas CES, and was hoping to stick to a clearly defined timetable. Then later they realized that was a horrible strategy. For now, they decided instead of digging a bigger hole; it is "All Quiet on the Western Front", as it were…

• I've already said this in other threads, but the Apple TV app isn't coming in May anymore. It was usurped by FireTV, but don't count Apple TV out completely. I mean, it has 3 dragons.

Apple TV has already gone through one round of testing and all bugs are in. However, there a number of bugs that block further testing, so there will need to be at least one more full functionality test after those bugs are fixed before all bugs will be submitted. After that, we'll just be validating bug fixes and doing another regression. Then it will be submitted.

• @Sophie:

I've already said this in other threads, but the Apple TV app isn't coming in May anymore. It was usurped by FireTV, but don't count Apple TV out completely. I mean, it has 3 dragons.

Apple TV has already gone through one round of testing and all bugs are in. However, there a number of bugs that block further testing, so there will need to be at least one more full functionality test after those bugs are fixed before all bugs will be submitted. After that, we'll just be validating bug fixes and doing another regression. Then it will be submitted.

So are you creating a new atv app with a significant departure from the iOS one? Also may want to sticky the Apple TV app status as a thread of its own.

• They probably don't have an AppleTV app because Apple expects a certain level of quality before they'll let it get put on their box.

A.K.A. working.
    A.K.A. not what we currently have on iOS.

• @dougswisher:

They probably don't have an AppleTV app because Apple expects a certain level of quality before they'll let it get put on their box.

To this, I would agree. IF they are aware of the Android product, they are probably demanding FUNimation fixes it before APPLE store launch… if Steve Jobs was still around that certainly would be true, anyways.

You are on a roll now, dougswisher. Keep it up.

• We're way past May and still no apple tv app…

• A few more weeks with no Apple TV app and I'm cancelling my subscription.

• Just saw the update for the Amazon Fire TV and now the web page is showing nothing about Apple TV support. This is really getting upsetting.