Hello (very delayed lol)

• I've been a member since 2013 and and a subscriber for just as long. Money well spent I say. Some watch only sub, some only dub, some both. I prefer dub but have enjoyed a few subbed version here and there. As long as you enjoy the anime, who cares? As you can see, I'm an All-AccessPass subscriber. Best of both worlds.

I've been a big anime fan since I was 8 years old (currently 22, going on 23 at end of year). My first was Pokemon. It was always on Cartoon Network while I was getting ready for school. It's a shame that the station no longer shows anime as heavily as it used to. Back during when I was 12, One Piece, Yugioh, etc was on during day, and on Saturday (even when Toonami was cancelled - currently is it back thankfully) I've watched things like Naruto, Bleach, so on and so forth. Good ol' days… For whatever reason they decided to randomly switch Naruto to Disney temporarily so years later, I'm sitting here playing catch up... Had NO idea otherwise I would have watched every episode...

My favorite anime of all time would be Mushi-shi. At the time of discovery I've watched it on Netflix many years ago but have rewatched here on Funimation (using the Xbox One app). My favorite genre of anime is mystery so I've also enjoyed anime such as Ghost Hunt (and needless to say Mushi-shi).

Currently I am watching Fairy Tail (another favorite of mine), Shakugan no Shana (seems like voice acting is different/changed on dub? Think it was season 2 when I noticed a big change which was disappointing), and Naruto Shippuden (not a complete list, but these are the big ones). For the most part, I've watched Funimation dubbed anime more than any other so I'm glad to have a reliable streaming service from the company itself. Netflix seems to get new episodes or anime itself too slowly to feed my hunger for anime.

I've played a few anime related games but by far the best I've seen was Disgaea. Particularly Disgaea: Hour of Darkness on the PS2. I wouldn't mind getting another PS2 and playing this bad boy again... such a great game. I have also enjoyed the anime based off of the game series. Seems the game is on PC now as well. May have to take a look at it.

Thank you for taking the time to read my rant. Happy watching.

• Ahh, nice… based upon the pictures you have... must say indeed:

THE MASTER APPROVED!

https://youtu.be/Vo_wVKQMSBc

• Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

To clear up some confusion regarding the dub for Shakugan no Shana, the reason the dub cast was changed was because season 1 was originally licensed and released by Geneon, who hired the Canadian-based Ocean Group to dub it. Once Geneon went out of business, Funimation licensed the rights to the first season, as well as the previously unreleased second and third seasons, the OVA series, and the feature film. Because costs would've been too much to outsource 52 episodes and a movie's worth of footage back out to Ocean for a series that previously only sold so-so (and because season's 1 dub was generally only thought of as "okay" and not necessarily groundbreaking), Funimation decided to dub the rest of the series in-house. Hence, the changes in voices.

• Hi OokamiCreed and welcome to the forum.

Damn I should really watch Mushi-shi, everybody seems to like it.

• @thegrandalliance:

Ahh, nice… based upon the pictures you have... must say indeed:

THE MASTER APPROVED!

https://youtu.be/Vo_wVKQMSBc

Started using this avatar when I watched Spice and Wolf. It was one of those anime that caught my eye to the point where I could not stop watching until I completed the series. Of course one couldn't watch an anime like Inuyasha in one go. You'd pass out long before. lol It's a pretty good way to spend one's freetime.

@SpacemanHardy:

Welcome to the forums. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

To clear up some confusion regarding the dub for Shakugan no Shana, the reason the dub cast was changed was because season 1 was originally licensed and released by Geneon, who hired the Canadian-based Ocean Group to dub it. Once Geneon went out of business, Funimation licensed the rights to the first season, as well as the previously unreleased second and third seasons, the OVA series, and the feature film. Because costs would've been too much to outsource 52 episodes and a movie's worth of footage back out to Ocean for a series that previously only sold so-so (and because season's 1 dub was generally only thought of as "okay" and not necessarily groundbreaking), Funimation decided to dub the rest of the series in-house. Hence, the changes in voices.

I appreciate you taking the time to fill me in. It's not that I don't enjoy the voice overs now (they are quite similar actually), it's just it's weird they changed like that. I really enjoyed the original voices. Sure they weren't using the highest sound quality but they were great nonetheless. Well in any case, I'm glad Funimation used voices similar to those of the original. I'll get used to it soon enough.

@the_krock:

Hi OokamiCreed and welcome to the forum.

Damn I should really watch Mushi-shi, everybody seems to like it.

Mushi-shi (to me) is a masterpiece. I recommend to anyone. The story, the characters, and alongside the style/quality of art with great voice acting… I was pretty down when I finished it. Didn't want that anime to end.

• @OokamiCreed:

Started using this avatar when I watched Spice and Wolf. It was one of those anime that caught my eye to the point where I could not stop watching until I completed the series.

Yes, well it is unfortunate that the "Japanese Traitors" didn't finish the series. Just left it hangin' there, I mean AAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGGGGGGGGGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >…........

• Welcome to the forums Ookami. Enjoy posting with us.

• Welcome OokamiCreed! :)