Please Funi… No More "My Heroes Academia" Spam...

• I know you probably bankrupted yourself on the licensing fees or something with this show… nevertheless, the promotional spam has "exceeded the point of forgiveness". I log in this morning, and now see pictures of characters pop up on my screen in the corner. As to the history of your advertisement campaign: First the site was flooded with news, then constant email spam; and now I have to look at them every time I load a new webpage here?

Indeed, I watched a bit of the premiere episode: Some people might like it it appears; alas, such an Anime isn't worthy of non-stop spam. With this non-stop barrage of nonsense, it is as if Funimation's new trademark is now:

"YOU SHOULD *NOT BE WATCHING…"

• Apparently is National Hero Day, so the pop ups are only for today. Or this can be more advertisement, which doesn't bother me that much.

• I kinda like them in the short term. Is it really national Heroes day? Awww adorable advertising :D!

I mean really, they last on the screen for all of 10 seconds and are not really obtrusive.

• @Anthony:

Apparently is National Hero Day, so the pop ups are only for today.

Well, hopefully that is true; as IDK how much my brain can tolerate that "incomprehensible series", to put it lightly. Of course, this won't stop my inbox from being flooded, even so. Alas, one can only hope…

@priestesstyrande:

I mean really, they last on the screen for all of 10 seconds and are not really obtrusive.

…perhaps, by a very "generous" definition of "obstructive". The character design for this series, is well; as not sound too "condescending" of course, "brain-hurting", as it were...

Put it another way: It is as if Funimation is being annoying intentionally. To explain this most simply, this is the context of the "FuniCoversation" at the moment:

**"ARE YOU WATCHING ME?"

"NO? HoW ABOUT NOW?"

"NOW? WHY NoT NOW?"

"PLEZ WATCH ME! I SHoULD BE WATCH'ED!"

"….NOOOOOOo0OOOOOOOOOO!!! WATCH MEEEEEeEEEEEE!!!"**

• I was kind of surprised by the characters too, but if it's a promotional thing for National Hero Day I'll be willing to let it slide. If it exceeds any longer than today, then yeah that's a bit overkill.

I get the frustration but I'm still digging the anime adaptation which has actually done a pretty stellar job in terms of direction and presentation of the material, actually improving on some stuff from the manga too. Then again if it's not your cup of tea and you didn't like the show I can understand the fatigue of seeing ads for a things you don't care for.

At the very least the pop-ups should just be a temporary thing.

• @classyspartan:

I get the frustration but I'm still digging the anime adaptation which has actually done a pretty stellar job in terms of direction and presentation of the material, actually improving on some stuff from the manga too. Then again if it's not your cup of tea and you didn't like the show I can understand the fatigue of seeing ads for a things you don't care for.

Well, in a greater context: At best, it is "okay". As if, if the world came to an end, and it was the only show on TV, I might watch it. But there is so much stuff here on this site, or otherwise… it is like here on the list of "priority viewing"...

>
    >
    >
    >My Heroes Academia

• @thegrandalliance:

My Heroes Academia

My Hero Academia. The "Hero" isn't plural. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

My Hero Academia. The "Hero" isn't plural. :hmm:

'touche…

However, although I could be wrong; grammatically speaking of course, I think the singular English-based translation may be incorrect. In either case, the spam is so much I cannot even type it correctly :)

• @thegrandalliance:

Well, in a greater context: At best, it is "okay". As if, if the world came to an end, and it was the only show on TV, I might watch it. But there is so much stuff here on this site, or otherwise… it is like here on the list of "priority viewing"...

The main reason they're advertising now is that it's in their current Simulcast list, and thus they want to advertise and monetize on it as it's one of the bigger titles of the season.

Of course there's plenty of other stuff you could watch, that's the nature of a subscription service.

• @classyspartan:

The main reason they're advertising now is that it's in their current Simulcast list, and thus they want to advertise and monetize on it as it's one of the bigger titles of the season.

*Correction: It is the only thing they advertise.

Where is all the ruckus over "…and you thought there never was a girl online?" Or how about "High School Fleet"? "Three Leaves, Three Colors"?

I consider all of these, far better alas; yet no email spam here. Nothing to show for it. You probably didn't even know they existed (people not you classyspartan; to others reading) until I mentioned them.

Indeed, as it were:

"Only one can rule Funimation…"

• I haven't realized it until you told me, I wish they'd advertise the other shows as well and not only MHA.

• Not going to lie, I agree with OP here. Although, I think I also just got unlucky and one popup for me lasted for over a minute.

Also, it's not a show I'm that interested in. I'll probably give it a shot once the dub is released but nothing I've seen so far makes me want to watch it. Also, there's too much hype for that show. Most shows with that much hype I dislike like AoT and the one with Kirito (I can't remember its name) so it makes me not even want to watch it. But, that's just my thoughts.

Also, they should be advertising other shows as well.

• They're advertising it because it looks like hit material. Honestly, I'm sort of hoping it backfires on them, at least a little. The show looks kind of dumb to me, but I feel the same way about… well, almost all shonen shows. And things like One Punch Man, which is (I guess) supposed to be seinen, but it's the same sort of thing. But it should appeal to people who like OPM, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater (which I liked back when it first came out but not really anymore), etc.
    Also, if we're talking about hype before it comes out, as opposed to hype afterwards by people who've seen it and liked it, this has way more than AoT and SAO (neither of which I like). It's like they're telling you to put it in your mind with those. That makes me cringe a little.

• @betuor:

Kirito (I can't remember its name) so it makes me not even want to watch it. But, that's just my thoughts.

As mentioned by Fiammetta, Sword Art Online.

I actually like that show quite a bit, but alas no worries of course…

@Fiammetta:

It's like they're telling you to put it in your mind with those. That makes me cringe a little.

Of course, we already know Funimation's "End Game", as it were…

"YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING…"

• @Fiammetta:

They're advertising it because it looks like hit material. Honestly, I'm sort of hoping it backfires on them, at least a little. The show looks kind of dumb to me, but I feel the same way about… well, almost all shonen shows. And things like One Punch Man, which is (I guess) supposed to be seinen, but it's the same sort of thing. But it should appeal to people who like OPM, Fairy Tail, Soul Eater (which I liked back when it first came out but not really anymore), etc.
    Also, if we're talking about hype before it comes out, as opposed to hype afterwards by people who've seen it and liked it, this has way more than AoT and SAO (neither of which I like). It's like they're telling you to put it in your mind with those. That makes me cringe a little.

MHA has an 8.15 on MAL and ANN has given it positive reviews from multiple reviewers despite not liking much shounen anime, so I think the general consensus is that it is a good show/manga.

The advertising is a little overbearing but pretty much every company does that with their biggest brands. I got sick of seeing Batman v Superman ads everywhere but I don't blame WB for doing it, they had to break through all the entertainment out there to drive a mass quantity of viewers and they're on track to hit $1B global box office.

Funi is in a similar situation on a much smaller scale, they need to raise awareness for a big new shounen property which Shounen Jump has slated to replace Naruto and has gone so far as to get Naruto's mangaka to endorse. If you advertise 5 or 10 shows together you run the risk of people not remembering any of them.

• Anyways, the pop-ups seem to be gone now, so all's well that ends well. :)

• This post is deleted!

• @SpacemanHardy:

Anyways, the pop-ups seem to be gone now, so all's well that ends well. :)

Oh, no, Spaceman! Look behind you!

RIP Spaceman Hardy. He was the real hero.

• Oh well they were cute while they lasted.

I was actually surprised at how well they worked on my phone too. Usually those things mess it up really bad.

• @nubguy:

RIP Spaceman Hardy. He was the real hero.

…Hero of obscure old Anime SciFi Comedy Dramas you mean:)

Alas, +1 to that nonetheless...

@priestesstyrande:

I was actually surprised at how well they worked on my phone too. Usually those things mess it up really bad.

O no… you shouldn't say such things...

The following posts shall be on this thread:

**FUNIMATION! YOU GOT STUPID POPuP THINGES TO WORK ON THE SITE… WhY CANT YOU GET YOUR DAMN APP TO WORK!?!?!?!?!?!

WhAT IS WRonG WITH YOUR PRiOTORIES?!?!?!?!**

• While I like the show, The Hype Train that Funimation has for it, is really setting me off. All my current Emails from Funimation are about this show, even if some other show is mentioned, ?It's like

And you think there is never a girl online?

AND WATCH MY HERO ACADEMIA! TOO!