Hunter x Hunter

• Has anyone been watching the Toonami dub of Hunter x Hunter? They only just aired the second episode, but I already really like the show. The characters are cool and interesting and the show is very different. It even had a couple of thoughtful moments. What do you all think about this show?

• I have watched it more then a few times subbed, and it's amazing. Tied with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for my top anime of all time for sure. I cannot wait to FINALLY have it on DVD/Bluray when it starts being released, I have been obsessively wanted it since I watched it the first time when it was airing.

• @emdier:

I have watched it more then a few times subbed, and it's amazing. Tied with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood for my top anime of all time for sure. I cannot wait to FINALLY have it on DVD/Bluray when it starts being released, I have been obsessively wanted it since I watched it the first time when it was airing.

As good as FMA Brotherhood? Wow, that's high praise! Makes me excited to see where the story is going. The Bluray's will be nice. Do you know which company has this one?

• VizMedia has the rights to Hunter x Hunter. It's an incredible series that starts a bit deceiving with the light hearted nature of the first couple of episodes. Hopefully I'm not hyping it up too much but there's a lot more to it then meets the eye for the first little bit.

• @nubguy:

Has anyone been watching the Toonami dub of Hunter x Hunter? They only just aired the second episode, but I already really like the show. The characters are cool and interesting and the show is very different. It even had a couple of thoughtful moments. What do you all think about this show?

That just air the 3rd episode last night it pretty good show… :)

• @gohan6425:

That just air the 3rd episode last night it pretty good show… :)

Yeah dude! Episode 3 was hella good! I am really liking this show :) there are so many interesting characters

• Watched the first episode dubbed on Toonami from there and I've been crushing the show on Crunchyroll since then. HunterXHunter is one of those shows I've known about for a long time and heard plenty of good things, but just never really took the dive to start watching it. I'm glad Toonami got it cause now I'm finally watching it and the show really is fantastic. 85 episodes in now and the Chimera Ant arc is getting brutal.

• @Barbobot:

Watched the first episode dubbed on Toonami from there and I've been crushing the show on Crunchyroll since then. HunterXHunter is one of those shows I've known about for a long time and heard plenty of good things, but just never really took the dive to start watching it. I'm glad Toonami got it cause now I'm finally watching it and the show really is fantastic. 85 episodes in now and the Chimera Ant arc is getting brutal.

lol I think "crushing it" is a bit of an understatement in your case :) It'll be awhile before episode 82 airs on Toonami, you'll probably finish first.

• It's a show that stands up to rewatch too, which is always nice. I find it hard just watched the weekly episode for the dub and not continuing by watching the sub. The dub has been fantastic so far which is nice… Although I am not a fan of Killua's voice, hopefully it gets better as they get used to the role.

• Does VIZ have the licenses for the two Hunter x Hunter movies? It would be awesome if Toonami aired them, or if they were at least released on Bluray in dub.

• They have not said they do, I believe, but I seriously hope they get them. I want to have a complete collection. While they aren't quite as good as many of the arcs of the TV series, they are still decent films.

• VIZ has recently released a promo card for Hunter x Hunter that says the first Bluray/DVD will be released in late 2016. The card does not say how many episodes will be collected however.

Source: (http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2016/07/10/vizs-hunter-x-hunter-coming-to-dvd-and-blu-ray-late-2016)

• Probably 13 or 26 episodes and around mid-November at the earliest is my guess.

• Well, I'll be buying it for sure. It's my top series (Tied with Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood), I need it on my shelf.

• Such good news. I have waited for this for over a year. I will be sure to save up a bit so I can get my copy of it!

• Definitely buying this one. Along with JoJo.