Miku! Miku! Miku!

• If you haven't already, make sure to buy your tickets for Hatsune Miku Concert Tour. Funimation had a sales promo for the TX one, although I think that one is sold out. If you don't know what Hatsune Miku is, here is a Wikpedia explanation thereof…

Today (April 23) is the first one, in Seattle; and "Heaven's Willing" of course, I shall see you there…

EDIT:

MOST EPIXNESS!
    MUST….. SEE...... AGAIN!!

MORE EDIT:

Here is some useful info for people (such as ye Texans of Funimation) going that you should consider:

1. Know your venue. If you want a good view, and not the back of someone's head, get a seat most likely to have angled view (seats infront are lower then seats behind). If all else fails, get an aisle seat so at least you can hang out the edge. I had the above problem, and let me tell you: Don't want to diminish your experience.

2. Their glowsticks suck. If you get the "VIP" pass they give you a real one; the free ones will fail (go dim) after 30 min of heavy shaking. So don't break into them until MIKU shows up, if you want to last. Outside (non previous MIKU EXPO) sticks are banned… therefore either try to bargain to get 2 free ones or make the one last.

3. The Cover Band, Anamanaguchi will play the hour before the actual show starts. So if the show is scheduled to start at "8pm", expect them to come on stage around 15 min post, play for 40 min, and a short break before MIKU shows up at 9pm. They are an instrumental band, better then my otherwise super-low exceptions was for them; nonetheless if you are late for whatever reason, keep in mind the real "timeline" starts 1h thereafter.

4. Don't eat/drink before the event please. So many people at the Seattle one (usually same people) were getting in/out of the seat nonstop. If you want to enjoy the show, manage yourself please. And that is coming from someone with pre-existing health issues making that very difficult.

5. There are 3 bands for the event. The Cover Band, and 2 Japanese Bands (they switch out mid-show). WHY IDK… probably because nonstop song after song playing gets tiring I suppose...

6.**"IT AIN'T OVER UNTIL THE FAT LADY SINGS!"**Don't get out of your seat until the lights go full brightness. They play a game at the end (to ones surprise; perhaps 1/4 of the audience fell for it) whereas MIKU herself claims "this is the last song"… then long pause (they are switching out the band; to Anama. I think), then 2 more songs or whatever. DO NOT GET OUT OF YOUR SEAT! PATIENCE IS REWARDED!

7. If you want merchandise (what they have to sell is listed on the site), don't be stupid like me. Get to the venue early, and just stand in the line before the show. Don't worry about time... the cover band plays first you got nothing to lose. Or, otherwise you will wait at the end of the show, get to front of line; and realize they are sold out of what you wanted.

8. Although this might be true in all cases: The Japanese are punctual as always. The cover band will start sometime within 20min of the posted start time; MIKU will come out promptly at around 1 hour after the posted start time, and the show is 3 hours total post-start time. So if it starts at 8pm, MIKU is from 9-11pm.

EDIT EDIT:

I found this list of songs for the MIKU EXPO 2016:

! 1 World is Mine feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo/supercell)
    ! 2 The Disappearance of Hatsune Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by cosMo)
    ! 3 Two-Faced Lovers feat. Hatsune Miku (by Wowaka)
    ! 4 Unhappy Refrain feat. Hatsune Miku (by Wowaka)
    ! 5 World"s End Dancehall feat. Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka (by Wowaka)
    ! 6 Magnet feat. Hatsune Miku & Megurine Luka (by Minato)
    ! 7 Weekender Girl feat. Hatsune Miku (by HachioujiP and kz(livetune)
    ! 8 Deep Sea Girl feat. Hatsune Miku (by Yuuyu)
    ! 9 Glass Wall feat. Hatsune Miku (by Guitar Hero Piano Zero)
    ! 10 Snowman feat. Kaito (by halyosy)
    ! 11 Change Me feat. Meiko (by shu-t)
    ! 12 Tokyo Teddy Bear feat. Kagamine Rin (by neru)
    ! 13 Butterfly on Your Right Shoulder feat. Kagamine Len (by noripy)
    ! 14 Remote Control feat. Kagamine Rin & Len (by JesusP)
    ! 15 Love is War feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo/supercell)
    ! 16 Last Night, Good Night feat. Hatsune Miku (by kz(livetune))
    ! 17 Ten Thousand Stars feat. Hatsune Miku (by CircusP)
    ! 18 Just be Friends feat. Megurine Luka (by Dixie Flatline)
    ! 19 Secret Police feat. Hatsune Miku (by BuriruP)
    ! 20 The Singing Passion of Hatsune Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by cosMo)
    ! 21 Sekiranun Graffiti feat. Hatsune Miku (by ryo and Dixie Flatline)
    ! 22 Tell Your World feat. Hatsune Miku (by kz(livetune))
    ! 23 Blue star feat. Hatsune Miku (by HachioujiP)
    ! Encore 1 Sharing the World feat. Hatsune Miku (by BIGHEAD)
    ! Encore 2 Miku feat. Hatsune Miku (by Anamanaguchi)
    ! Encore 3 39 feat. Hatsune Miku (by Deco*27 and Sasakure.UK)
    ! Encore 4 Star Fragment feat. Hatsune Miku (by Eiji Hirasawa)

1. Note that MIKU isn't the only Vocaloid there. They will have all the main ones there (Rin, Len, Megurine Luka, KAITO, MEIKO), each with 1 song (some have combos with others; which given the holo projection is quite nice).
    2. The will start with the first song I have below ("World is Mine"); as this is like her Theme song. So of course they are gonna have it.
    3. MIKU ends playing a "Piano Solo" (she is sitting in front of a virtual piano) of "Fragments of Stars", listed below.

…unfortunately they didn't play the second song I have listed; a rarity it appears, although shouldn't because most epic...

https://youtu.be/jhl5afLEKdo

https://youtu.be/1K3in6w9tt4

MORE EDIT:

Even MORE MIKU LOVE!!!

https://youtu.be/033eaBDq7Ig

https://youtu.be/fmrA-gxJxgQ

https://youtu.be/sK92X82T3Sk

https://youtu.be/X_Mlisf0FC8

• I wish she'd come to Montreal…

• @the_krock:

I wish she'd come to Montreal…

Ahhh, yes no Canada places. There was a point in time; on some fundraising site, if you paid 1million USD they would do a concert anywhere in USA/Canada.

In either case, I suppose you could always come south and come to closest show this side of the border, as it were…

• @thegrandalliance:

Ahhh, yes no Canada places. There was a point in time; on some fundraising site, if you paid 1million USD they would do a concert anywhere in USA/Canada.

Except Toronto you mean?

• @darthrutsula:

Except Toronto you mean?

Ooo yes I suppose your right LoL… overlooked that one. I saw it listed as "Toronto, ON" and assumed the 2 letter abbreviation was a state (too bad there is no such state) and jumped over it.

Alas, I suppose you can go there, fellow Canadians; if USA too "evil" for you, as it were...

Anyways, like I care... gonna see THE MISTRESS in like, uh, 10 hours now... :)

• Toronto would be the closest yet it is still a 7h ride by car. Not sure I want to do it alone.

• @the_krock:

Toronto would be the closest yet it is still a 7h ride by car. Not sure I want to do it alone.

Well, you could take a planeride there of course… would cost a bit, nonetheless the ticket prices for the event are generally "low". In either case, find someone to go with, of course :)

• @thegrandalliance:

Well, you could take a planeride there of course… would cost a bit, nonetheless the ticket prices for the event are generally "low". In either case, find someone to go with, of course

Plane is a little too expensive for me at the moment, but going by train could be a nice compromise for time and price.
    The sad thing is that I don't have any otaku friend irl so I'm doomed to go alone.

• @the_krock:

Plane is a little too expensive for me at the moment, but going by train could be a nice compromise for time and price.
    The sad thing is that I don't have any otaku friend irl so I'm doomed to go alone.

Ahhh don't' worry about it… I did it myself :( Just consider it a "guilty pleasure" example; you don't want anyone to know you like it:)

• @thegrandalliance:

MOST EPIXNESS!
    MUST….. SEE...... AGAIN!!

Makes me wanna go even more lol.

@thegrandalliance:

Ahhh don't' worry about it… I did it myself :( Just consider it a "guilty pleasure" example; you don't want anyone to know you like it

I've been to a few shows alone already, but never that far from home though. But I just found out that the train station is just beside the show's theatre, I wouldn't even need to get lost in the city (which I never been to yet).

• @the_krock:

I've been to a few shows alone already, but never that far from home though. But I just found out that the train station is just beside the show's theatre, I wouldn't even need to get lost in the city (which I never been to yet).

Well, better decide fast… because tickets (the usable ones) may sell out, if not already.

Don't be like me, and have a 6-foot or whatever "big" dude sit in front of you... very unpleasant. Unfortunately that is more of matter of luck; as the seat I had was otherwise ok, I did sorta manage to "look beside him" when he wasn't waving his glowstick in my face. At least I had an aisle seat (by design) as a fail safe to "encroach into the aisle".

If you go solo, one must sit on the aisle if you cannot get a front row (for a section) seat: That way, you have such failsafe. If you are in middle of a section; it is not unlike "The DOOM Seat" on an airplane (middle seat on 2-5-2 widebody (747) configuration). Also depends on the venue, the one in Seattle is "casual" at best; no stadium or otherwise angled seating (just a convention floor covered into a theater) to facilitate view. Keep the venue configuration in mind if you plan to attend one of the other shows: Google is your friend if you haven't researched it yet.

BTW, the official, free glowsticks they handed out were horrible. They only last (which mine did) IF you DON'T shake them. Which of course, self-defeats the reason why you have them. So bad, that most people's (including big dude in front of me) ran out before the main event (show starts at 8; approx 40min of a cover band playing; actual MIKU show is at 9).

If you got the VIP pass, they give you a "real" stick; that can change color, and is durable. IDK if you can get 2 sticks, but if you are a normal ticket holder, try to get if you plan to do the shaking. BTW they restrict outside sticks.

• @thegrandalliance:

Well, better decide fast… because tickets (the usable ones) may sell out, if not already.

Don't be like me, and have a 6-foot or whatever "big" dude sit in front of you... very unpleasant. Unfortunately that is more of matter of luck; as the seat I had was otherwise ok, I did sorta manage to "look beside him" when he wasn't waving his glowstick in my face. At least I had an aisle seat (by design) as a fail safe to "encroach into the aisle".

If you go solo, one must sit on the aisle if you cannot get a front row (for a section) seat: That way, you have such failsafe. If you are in middle of a section; it is not unlike "The DOOM Seat" on an airplane (middle seat on 2-5-2 widebody (747) configuration). Also depends on the venue, the one in Seattle is "casual" at best; no stadium or otherwise angled seating (just a convention floor covered into a theater) to facilitate view. Keep the venue configuration in mind if you plan to attend one of the other shows: Google is your friend if you haven't researched it yet.

BTW, the glowsticks they handed out were horrible. They only last (which mine did) IF you don't shake them. Which of course, self-defeats the reason why you have them. So bad, that most people's (including big dude in front of me) ran out before the main event (show starts at 8; approx 40min of a cover band playing; actual MIKU show is at 9).

If you got the VIP pass, they give you a "real" stick; that can change color, and is durable. IDK if you can get 2 sticks, but if you are a normal ticket holder, try to get if you plan to do the shaking. BTW they restrict outside sticks.

So I take it that you're not so very tall? How long was the show itself, from start (at 8)? I bought the afternoon tickets for the one in NYC, I'm just curious how long I could expect to be in such a crowded area as a VIP.

• This post is deleted!

• @darthrutsula:

So I take it that you're not so very tall? How long was the show itself, from start (at 8)? I bought the afternoon tickets for the one in NYC, I'm just curious how long I could expect to be in such a crowded area as a VIP.

No LOL I am tall (5'11"), the guy in front of me just happened to be taller/bigger torso (like 6+feet effective height). Tall, and taller :)

Read the mainpost… I added some info to that that should clarify such. A must-read reconnaissance report, as it were.

IDK anything about VIP... that is venue based. Seattle was SUPPOSED to have early access... but from what I could tell VIP people were forced into main line. I am not certain as to such... all I know is that they do get their special bag ol' goodies.

In terms of the show; they were punctual. However MIKU wont' take the stage until 1 hour or so past the posted start time. The first hour is the cover band playing.

• Much help, great info. Rutsula approves. As this'll be my first experience with any sort of musical event what you got there is very helpful. Personally I am not a big fan of World is Mine, her pitch seems a bit too high and it bothers muh ears. You also forgot about the one song that was in English because there was a contest for it. There was like one song that rivaled World is Mine in terms of popularity I believe and it was Romeo and Cinderella, was that song played? Personally its like my second or third favorite xD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swqbfMh467A

So I looked up the Seattle venue and i'm surprised that they didn't have leveled seating O.o

• @darthrutsula:

So I looked up the Seattle venue and i'm surprised that they didn't have leveled seating O.o

Exactly. Which is probably real reason it has 2.5/5 stars on Yelp, and likewise on other sites. They do complain about random, unjustified things though… it is still rather clean inside of course, compared to other Seattle places...

• @thegrandalliance:

-_- I guess I'm late to the game once again, there is still like 30-40 tickets left at the very back of the stadium. I've seen so much metal shows in lousy bars that I didn't even consider "sitting" somewhere.

But anyway thanks for the tips, I'll keep that in mind for the next time.

• @the_krock:

I guess I'm late to the game once again, there is still like 30-40 tickets left at the very back of the stadium. I've seen so much metal shows in lousy bars that I didn't even consider "sitting" somewhere.

If you mean Toronto…

Actually the back isn't that so as long as your eyes don't suck. I see there are aisle seats in "Balcony 13/15 Row L-N" (top/bottom right section).

A good theater will have at least semi-proper acoustics. Plus the seats higher up are far less likely to have heads in the way. When I was in Seattle, I sat in the rear section as well; although the 2nd row from the front of it. Granted, it isn't as good as the seats in the front of the balcony (which I would contend are best in house; -perhaps front row) due to the balance of view; not worrying about heads in ur way, and sound acoustics.

However, on second glace I do notice that the Sony Theater is far bigger then the Seattle one; so what may be true for the smaller one is not likely for Toronto. Looking at the site... the good tickets would be the "Mezzanine" level ones. Tickets way up there in back may be hard to see the action; although the view will probably not be obstructed at least.

Either case, up to you I suppose. Really a matter of "how bad you want it". If you are more interested in the music and not the visuals, it is probably okay. Although I am not certain how good the holo projection effect works way up there though, so IDK in either case...

BTW if you are wondering... MIKU has "invaded my computer" and is holding "hostage". Must not say bad things.... :)

YOU SHOULD BE WATCHING…

• @thegrandalliance:

If you mean Toronto…

Yeah I'm not willing to go farther at the moment.

I do enjoy both visuals and music, so missing one will certainly ruin my experience. I've been to a few shows sitting approximately where I'd be at the Sony Center and I didn't felt like I was really part of it. The shows' overall energy lose its power with distance (to me at least).

And from the videos I've seen, those musicians look quite good too, I would have liked to be able to see them play too. (I don't just enjoy listening to the music they play, I like to watch them play it too, it's kind of inspiring)

• @the_krock:

And from the videos I've seen, those musicians look quite good too, I would have liked to be able to see them play too. (I don't just enjoy listening to the music they play, I like to watch them play it too, it's kind of inspiring)

Fair enough… assuming they do one next year; with all the MIKU stuff coming out later this year (MIKU Vocaloid Software V4; 2 PS4 games), you can always "wait until next year". Alas, I would be surprised if there wasn't a 2017 tour. I could be disappointed nevertheless, I suppose...

Indeed, I shall leave with a nice pic of all me "Vocaloid Friends", as it were...

• @thegrandalliance:

Alas, I would be surprised if there wasn't a 2017 tour.

Let's hope for it…