What DVD/BD anime releases are you looking forward to?

• What DVD/BD anime releases are you looking forward to? There are a lot of great anime set to be released this year. I'm really looking forward to getting the BluRays for Prison School, Heavy Object, Gangsta and Divine Gate.

What shows are you looking forward to getting?

• @nubguy:

What DVD/BD anime releases are you looking forward to? There are a lot of great anime set to be released this year. I'm really looking forward to getting the BluRays for Prison School, Heavy Object, Gangsta and Divine Gate.

What shows are you looking forward to getting?

I said it before on this forum and I said again… CODE GEASS! :)

• There are some that I'm looking forward too, but what I'm really looking forward too is the Endride DVD/BD. (I know it won't be out this year).

• Lupin III: Voyage to Danger from Discotek. I'm aware Funimation did a release years back (as well as other Lupin III works), but not only is it out of print, it's also pretty expensive. Not to mention if what I've heard is true, Discotek got better materials than what Funimation had to deal with. I'm sure it'll still include the dub.

It's a Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack. I almost never use the DVD copies, but it's good to have the option. Not to mention that while I haven't done it yet, if I'm strapped for cash and need to get people presents, I can give the DVDs to people as a convenient present. I keep the Blu-Rays, they get a copy, everyone wins! :)

• That have been announced? None.

That haven't been announced yet, but that are licensed?
    K: Missing Kings, K: Return of Kings, Code Geass: Akito the Exiled.

Also Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, if they include anything more than Bandai did (like the R2 picture dramas), but that's unlikely, and I already have it. I'll still buy FUNi's release, and I'd recommend it to everyone. I'm honestly more concerned with seeing it streaming, particularly on Netflix and Hulu, not just anime-only sites.

. . . VIZ has the "master license" to K, apparently, but they've still only released the first season - none of the manga or novels (which are spinoffs/prequels/side stories). They simulcast the second season and put the movie in theaters, but no DVD release yet. They're on Hulu, and the first season is better, but still…. the first season's dub was so good, they need to dub the movie and season 2.

• @Fiammetta:

That have been announced? None.

Also Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion, if they include anything more than Bandai did (like the R2 picture dramas), but that's unlikely, and I already have it. I'll still buy FUNi's release, and I'd recommend it to everyone. I'm honestly more concerned with seeing it streaming, particularly on Netflix and Hulu, not just anime-only sites.

. . . VIZ has the "master license" to K, apparently, but they've still only released the first season - none of the manga or novels (which are spinoffs/prequels/side stories). They simulcast the second season and put the movie in theaters, but no DVD release yet. They're on Hulu, and the first season is better, but still…. the first season's dub was so good, they need to dub the movie and season 2.

I am also looking forward to the dub release of K: Missing Kings and K: Return of Kings. That is one of my favorite series and as you say, the dub cast is just phenomenal. I really hope they get it dubbed by the end of the year.

I would also be interested in checking out Code Geass, since I've never seen it before. It is pretty much impossible to get at this point.

• All I want is for The Tatami Galaxy to get a release, is that too much to ask?

• flails about over K

IT'S SO GOOD THOUGH. Have you watched it subbed?

Code Geass also has an amazing dub, and the dub for Akito needs to live up to it. I'd honestly say Code Geass and K are two of the best dubs ever, and also two of the best series ever…
    It's so frustrating that Code Geass is just plain out of print, because everyone needs to watch it.

. . . I hope K is being held up because of materials, too, and not because season 1 didn't sell well enough. It's one of the few things lucky enough to get on Netflix, though, so I hope that means it did well... It's soooo good, though.

• Of the ones that are currently up for pre-order? Uhh, Higurashi Kai I guess since that's the only one I have on order.

Stuff not up for pre-order yet? Sailor Moon S. I hope the delay in Viz soliciting pre-orders means they're taking extra steps to make sure they don't have QC problems. And Noragami Aragoto eventually.

• @Fiammetta:

That have been announced? None.

Funimation licensed Code Geass: Akito the Exiled in 2013 right after that brought season 1 and 2 anime rights from Bandai… So it going be english dub... But the questions still is all the old voices actor from season 1 and 2 there are in Code Geass: Akito the Exiled will that still be voices by there old voices actor? That what I am hoping for... I don't know if Code Geass: Akito the Exiled will be in the re-released of Code Geass Season 1 and 2 or it will be by it self... But I already have Season 1 and Season 2 on DVD... So I really don't need it... The Blu-Ray would look cool and all but unless that give something new to it beside it being in "HD" I do see any reason of getting it... however I WILL be getting OVA Code Geass: Akito the Exiled when it comes out... As for if it will be on Netflix and Hulu? Funimation had there own streaming service so it mostly going to be on there before anything... I don't know what Funimation when it comes to titles that own and which ones that let on Netflix and Hulu?

@Fiammetta:

flails about over K

Code Geass also has an amazing dub, and the dub for Akito needs to live up to it. I'd honestly say Code Geass and K are two of the best dubs ever, and also two of the best series ever…
    It's so frustrating that Code Geass is just plain out of print, because everyone needs to watch it.

. . . I hope K is being held up because of materials, too, and not because season 1 didn't sell well enough. It's one of the few things lucky enough to get on Netflix, though, so I hope that means it did well... It's soooo good, though.

It is a GREAT ANIME! Akito I just hope the old voices actor for the roles that had from Season 1 and 2 will be playing there parts in Akito… And then new roles will mostly go to Funimation Voices Actor's... I betting that blue the shirt guy who I think the main guy in the OVA will mostly be voices by Chris Sabat... Who wanted BET money on it? :)

• . . . half the post you quoted was about a show called K, not about Code Geass. K is licensed by Viz Media, but they've only released the first season dubbed so far. You should try it, you might like it. It has a lot in common with Code Geass.

Though… I highly doubt that Chris Sabat will be voicing Akito. Maybe Ryou, though. He'd be really good for Ryou.

• @Fiammetta:

flails about over K

I have not seen K in sub yet! I have been holding out for the dub, which has been torturous lol I really wish they'd hurry up. I actually just picked up season 1 on bluray. It's a very nice set. I also saw that you mentioned there is a manga too?

Yeach it's pretty lame about Code Geass. That's another show I'd really like to see one day. Hopefully they will release it again when Akito comes out.

• There are several manga and novels that are spinoffs/prequels of K, and none have been licensed (or announced, since I think Viz has some sort of master license for the franchise?) I've read a few of them in Japanese, and the only one really worth it (IMO) is called K: Countdown, and it takes place between the movie and season 2…
    A lot of fans, particularly SaruMi fans (Fushimi/Yata ship) will talk about this novel called Lost Small World, which is about their past, how they met, their friendship before they joined HOMRA, and... I'm not a fan. It's sort of melodramatic, and it contradicts the anime in a few places... it has a cute part where they're trying to chase the Himmelreich, and they want to meet the Silver King, which.... feelings. But other than that, eh.

They neeeeeed to dub the rest of the anime though!! Particularly this one scene in the movie with Munakata and Fushimi... (it's not shippy, it's just funny. They have a shiny glasses fight. You'll know it when you see it.)

• @Fiammetta:

. . . half the post you quoted was about a show called K, not about Code Geass. K is licensed by Viz Media, but they've only released the first season dubbed so far. You should try it, you might like it. It has a lot in common with Code Geass.

Though… I highly doubt that Chris Sabat will be voicing Akito. Maybe Ryou, though. He'd be really good for Ryou.

I don't know what "K" is… And since Chris Sabat called the shot when casting voice actor I almost sure he going to get the role of Akito...

• wait, what makes you think Sabat will be ADR director for Akito?