Notifications ?

• is there anyway you guys can add an auto notification system like youtube has? where if someone comments on something you did you get a notification ? that would help so damn much.
    thanks

• You can follow a thread and set to where you get emails when someone respond to a thread you are following/a thread you created.

• Yep, I follow threads and this forum.

On the new forum, I'm also adding a way to @ people, so you get a notification that someone has mentioned you in the forum.

• The new forums will be up May/June right?

• @Anthony:

You can follow a thread and set to where you get emails when someone respond to a thread you are following/a thread you created.

issue to that is you can forget or you post way to much to spend the 10 seconds each time… and the fact you need to go to your email to see them, what i mean is it is a pull down menu beside your name to the left ... and the suggestion i use as example is youtube.

• It's the only way now, so if you don't went to spend those 10 secs then I can't do anything about that.

• Bumping for interest.

For anyone particularly active on the forum, checking email becomes cumbersome very quickly. Perhaps something like an in-page pop-up at the bottom-left side of the screen for whenever you're in the forums and some sort of counter near the profile tab to denote the number of notifications you have pending.

• @alagor:

is there anyway you guys can add an auto notification system like youtube has? where if someone comments on something you did you get a notification ? that would help so damn much.
    thanks

I thought you were referring to the app. the old App had a notification thing you could set for future shows that would be released. With the new App i only know there are new shows when i actually go into the app. My phone and Ipad can't remind me

• New forum will go up with the new site, which has been pushed back past June.

I can look into forum notifications that show up in the site.

• @Sophie:

New forum will go up with the new site, which has been pushed back past June.

Ahhh, good to know. 1 Q about the new forums though: Will previous content (forum threads/posts) be deleted, or carried over?

• I think posts will be lost, since we're moving to new software - nodebb - but I'm asking if they can transferred. At the very least, I'm going to try and keep post counts.

We've gone through this a couple times, so based on that experience, about 1 week to 30 days before launch, I'll let you guys know to start archiving. You could start that now, too, of course. Then anything you want to re-post on the new forum you can.

The layout will be similar, but condensed. I think we are keeping show forums unless the new forum can handle tagging with preset tags.

• @Sophie:

I think posts will be lost, since we're moving to new software - nodebb.

Will the forum still be BBCODE based (using the syntax that this site uses), or will it be something different? Else, in order to "re-post" things; it would require reformatting everything as well…

EDIT: I went to their website;

https://nodebb.org/

Useless, like always for any real info…

• @Sophie:

I think posts will be lost, since we're moving to new software - nodebb - but I'm asking if they can transferred. At the very least, I'm going to try and keep post counts.

This has me a little concerned, as I'm going to be starting a new tournament soon, and any lost posts that happen could potentially mess things up. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

This has me a little concerned, as I'm going to be starting a new tournament soon, and any lost posts that happen could potentially mess things up.

LoL, good point. I guess you simply have to be as offline organized as 7jaws7 was; with all of that information ready to go. That way, when you are "interrupted", you have records of everything you need. Perhaps, organize a schedule that isn't so complicated (use brackets only)? So you only need to pick up where you left off.

• @Sophie:

I think posts will be lost, since we're moving to new software - nodebb - but I'm asking if they can transferred. At the very least, I'm going to try and keep post counts.

We've gone through this a couple times, so based on that experience, about 1 week to 30 days before launch, I'll let you guys know to start archiving. You could start that now, too, of course. Then anything you want to re-post on the new forum you can.

The layout will be similar, but condensed. I think we are keeping show forums unless the new forum can handle tagging with preset tags.

How do I archive things, I don't get what you mean :P. Like I know what archives are, but how do I archive all my posts??

• @Anthony:

How do I archive things, I don't get what you mean . Like I know what archives are, but how do I archive all my posts??

You have to do it manually. Open up a .txt/.rtf file, and cut/paste everything. To preserve BBCODE and otherwise; quote the post (or edit your own post) and cut/paste from there.

You only need to do that with stuff you care about though; like nubguy's Dagashi Kashi thread, or otherwise.

• @thegrandalliance:

You have to do it manually. Open up a .txt/.rtf file, and cut/paste everything. To preserve BBCODE and otherwise; quote the post (or edit your own post) and cut/paste from there.

1. Thank you, but I think I'm going to have to search up detailed instructions. I'm not very good with these kinds of things.
    2. Where might I find all my posts in one place. I'd rather not go though tons of threads looking for my posts.

• @Anthony:

1. Thank you, but I think I'm going to have to search up detailed instructions. I'm not very good with these kinds of things.
    2. Where might I find all my posts in one place. I'd rather not go though tons of threads looking for my posts.

1. To make a new text file (assuming you are using Windows): Right click somewhere empty on the desktop. Select New>Text Document. In theory you can use any word processor, but some may auto-format otherwise.

To copy your own text, go into the edit mode of the post, and cut/paste everything into the .txt file. To Copy another user's post, use the "Reply With Quote" option and do the same.

2. This part is harder, but if you go into your profile page, under "My Stuff", and subsection "Posts" (depending on browser you may have to use arrow keys to unlock, its F***ed up I know), it show list everything.

• @thegrandalliance:

1. To make a new text file (assuming you are using Windows): Right click somewhere empty on the desktop. Select New>Text Document. In theory you can use any word processor, but some may auto-format otherwise.

To copy your own text, go into the edit mode of the post, and cut/paste everything into the .txt file. To Copy another user's post, use the "Reply With Quote" option and do the same.

2. This part is harder, but if you go into your profile page, under "My Stuff", and subsection "Posts" (depending on browser you may have to use arrow keys to unlock, its F***ed up I know), it show list everything.

1. I use a Mac :P, I searched this up (http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Using-The-Archive-Utility-Gain-Control-Of-Your-Macs-Compression-Options.htm), but I'm not sure if it works or not since I haven't tried it out. Currently I'm at school.
    2. I went to "My Profile" > "Overview", then I saw a box "Posts" and a "view all" button. I pressed the button thinking I would see all my posts, but no, all I see is a blank box. The blank box thing happens to me when I open certain things, this even happens on my Mac, and I don't know that the problem is.

• @Anthony:

1. I went to "My Profile" > "Overview", then I saw a box "Posts" and a "view all" button. I pressed the button thinking I would see all my posts, but no, all I see is a blank box. The blank box thing happens to me when I open certain things, this even happens on my Mac, and I don't know that the problem is.

Ahhh, yes. This website has its issues. You can try the "forum search" function, but I have noticed it's ability to find posts is rather limited. You don't need to backup everything you know: Just do things you "care" about. if you cannot remember it, it is likely that you don't care about it of course. :)
    @Anthony:

1. I use a Mac , I searched this up (http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourma…on-Options.htm), but I'm not sure if it works or not since I haven't tried it out. Currently I'm at school.

Don't overthink things. IDK what this is, but this is something completely random. I am talking about something like "Microsoft Office/Word/Notepad" or whatever Apple uses these days as its ==.

In terms of Mac… well you can use whatever word processing product it has.

BTW, a "word-processing product" is whatever you use to write your school reports with.

Make sure that it doesn't try to reformat anything (change things). In either case, you should be able to at least save the text.. whether you can save the BBCODE formatting (the**

[![](, and the like) is another matter.)]([img], and the like) is another matter.[/img])

• @thegrandalliance:

Ahhh, yes. This website has its issues. You can try the "forum search" function, but I have noticed it's ability to find posts is rather limited. You don't need to backup everything you know: Just do things you "care" about. if you cannot remember it, it is likely that you don't care about it of course. :)

Don't overthink things. IDK what this is, but this is something completely random. I am talking about something like "Microsoft Office/Word/Notepad" or whatever Apple uses these days as its ==.

In terms of Mac… well you can use whatever word processing product it has.

BTW, a "word-processing product" is whatever you use to write your school reports with.

Make sure that it doesn't try to reformat anything (change things). In either case, you should be able to at least save the text.. whether you can save the BBCODE formatting (the**

[![](, and the like) is another matter.

1. I'll try that, thanks.

2. That makes much more sense :P, I'll use Word. Wow I overthought things...)]([img], and the like) is another matter.

3. I'll try that, thanks.

4. That makes much more sense :P, I'll use Word. Wow I overthought things...[/img])