New member post/recommendations

• HELLO ALL!
    I finally signed up for and going to use this. (sick of netflix and hulu taking my anime away from me)

First of all, I'm Spart0n, and SAO is my best friend.
    As well, I enjoy sci-fi and fantasy related animes. Fairytail, Dragonball. Heaven's lost property, kaze no stigma, .hack/ shows are great too.

Any suggestions on more anime similar to those to watch?

also, I apologize if I'm in the wrong area to post this.

• Yea, probably will be moved into the "intros' section; nonetheless, for this current simulcast season, watch "And you thought there never was a girl online?".

If you like Scifi, then "Dimension W" is must-watch. Japanese is better though if you care about the quality thereof in this particular case.

You may/may not like "Hyperdimension Neptunia", which is a "video game industry fantasy Anime" as well. Finally, if you looking for the hentai stuff as "Heaven's "Lost Property" is, check out "High School DxD".

EDIT: I know someone here is gonna add "Grimgar Fantasy/Ash" here… plz don't :)

• Welcome to the forums, Spart0n. Let me know if there's anything I can help you with. :)

If you're a fan of SAO, then you might want to check out Accel World as well.

• Welcome to the forums Spart0n hope you enjoy posting with us.

A Couple recoendations I can add to your list.
    Log Horizon, No Game No Life, Sekirei, The World God Only Knows, Yu Yu Hakusho, Black Cat, Kill la Kill, Ben-to!, A Certain Magical Index, A Certain Scientific Railgun, Erased, Guilty Crown and I know thegrandalliance says to stay away form Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash ut I say let you decide if you like it and give it a shot. I don't think its so bad.

• watched a few of accel world and it didn't suck me in
    heard great things about .hack and log horizon
    and want to see no game no life kill la kill
    I loved heavens lost property and rosio+vampire
    and kind of interested in high school DxD
    the rest I haven't seen but are looking into

I'm SOOO excited to finally get on funimation

by the way, an artist friend of mine drew my avatar with aincrad as my background, he took several images of me and drew me in anime form XD
    I LOVE IT
    if anyone wants a link to the real image with his tag and everything, let me know, he's an awesome artist and even has a website

• @spart0n654:

by the way, an artist friend of mine drew my avatar with aincrad as my background, he took several images of me and drew me in anime form XD

WoW, must say quite interesting. If you could get a 3D model of that you are all set, for whatever video game as well :)

I wonder what he can do with IRL famous people; specifically, such as 2002 (age approx. 19) of Alizée…

• @thegrandalliance:

WoW, must say quite interesting. If you could get a 3D model of that you are all set, for whatever video game as well :)

I wonder what he can do with IRL famous people; specifically, such as 2002 (age approx. 19) of Alizée…

you're more than welcome to his facebook page
    www.facebook.com/quinn.anderson.503
    just tell him, jay sent you

• Aaaah, vile Facebook… Alas, no worries it is so. Wonder if your friend shows up at Anime cons as a vendor, I would imagine...

• Still want recommendations?

On FUNi:
    Romeo x Juliet
    Heroic Legend of Arslan
    Black Butler
    Eden of the East

if you still have Hulu or Netflix (or don't mind ads), there's a series called K that's amazing, but it's from Viz, so it's only on Hulu and Netflix. But it's amazing!

• Hi spart0n654 and welcome to the forum!

I don't have any recommendations for you so here's a picture of a goat wearing a spongebob birthday hat instead:

@thegrandalliance:

Alizée…

Damn I feel old… I wasn't expecting someone to bring her up here...

• @the_krock:

…as to many "youngsters" here who have yet to be "enchanted" (historically (2002) at least) by this uh, "Ahri"…

https://youtu.be/Q6omsDyFNlk

• @the_krock:

Hi spart0n654 and welcome to the forum!

I don't have any recommendations for you so here's a picture of a goat wearing a spongebob birthday hat instead:

HAHA thanks!

@thegrandalliance:

…as to many "youngsters" here who have yet to be "enchanted" (historically (2002) at least) by this uh, "Ahri"…

https://youtu.be/Q6omsDyFNlk

Who is that? I'm 24 and no clue who she is….I guess that's what happens when you're raised near country music city

• @the_krock:

here's a picture of a goat wearing a spongebob birthday hat instead:

I am so totally stealing this for my Twitter account. ^_^

@spart0n654:

Who is that? I'm 24 and no clue who she is….

You're not the only one. I'm 32 and I can't recall ever having heard of her.

And yet, that video is giving me the strangest feeling of deja vu…. As if I've seen it somewhere before....

.....Meh. I must've been hammered. :hmm:

EDIT: AH!! I remember now!! One of the French-Canadian members on my old forum posted that video a long time ago. Apparently her dance routine is the inspiration behind the Night Elf dance in World of Warcraft, or something like that.

• @SpacemanHardy:

AH!! I remember now!! One of the French-Canadian members on my old forum posted that video a long time ago. Apparently her dance routine is the inspiration behind the Night Elf dance in World of Warcraft, or something like that.

Exactly. Around 0:58 in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=066_q4DIeqk

@SpacemanHardy:

I am so totally stealing this for my Twitter account.

Just like I stole it from Google Images lol.

• @spart0n654:

Who is that? I'm 24 and no clue who she is….I guess that's what happens when you're raised near country music city

@SpacemanHardy:

You're not the only one. I'm 32 and I can't recall ever having heard of her.

I know, cost of freedom for living in the sticks of TN :)

Indeed, the European Musical Sensation, and highest/most famous French Singer… And yes, the WoW thing of course...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aliz%C3%A9e

…Indeed, you can either listen to ya "usual country bumpkin" nonsense, or "moveon.org" onto some reason "stimulation" :)

Alas, it is too bad American's didn't discover her by in large; so "fed up" with their own useless "American Trash" they need not "bother themselves" with non-American "garbage", as I presume they call it (unless its Brittish of course; ironically so). In either case, "Better late then never"; very true indeed.

Alizée, for the "sophisticate" taste, as it were. BTW notice my picture, and it should be self-evident as to why...

/fancylaugh

• @thegrandalliance:

Alas, it is too bad American's didn't discover her by in large; so "fed up" with their own useless "American Trash" they need not "bother themselves" with non-American "garbage", as I presume they call it (unless its Brittish of course; ironically so). In either case, "Better late then never"; very true indeed.

Not sure if anyone else here speaks french but I can tell you that her lyrics are not what you can call "profound" or "deep" (if that wasn't already clear from the video itself). So you're not missing much really. It's probably true though that the average american could be more open to what's going on elsewhere in general.

• @the_krock:

Not sure if anyone else here speaks french but I can tell you that her lyrics are not what you can call "profound" or "deep"

Yes, but Taylor Swift's content is "legendary"…

...anyways I leave it at that...