Ok No Real Section for Non-Japanese Anime I Suggestion one be made please…

• @CJ:

The Anime forums were intended to be used for Japanese anime. We'll look into adding the word "Japanese" to the description of the forum to forestall confusion in the future.

It did not occur to us that this would be an issue, previously, which is the only reason it wasn't already like that.

So the Anime Section is been now known to be just "Japanese Anime Section"… However I do think that there NEED to be to an a "Non-Japanese Anime" Section then the "Members' Lounge Section" is NOT the right place for the Non-Japanese Anime as it for off -topic thing not for other show so It can easily get lost in an Members' Lounge Section Suggestion Non-Japanese Anime Section Please. I believe this is a BIG issue... As you got Non-Japanese Anime Like Avatar The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra, Code Lyoko, RWBY, and Teen Titans just to name a few...

@SpacemanHardy:

As Spartan said, neither perspective is "wrong", it really all depends on the eye of the beholder.

This has given me a good idea, though. Hey CJ, how would a separate subforum for "International Animation"? That way we can all discuss our favorite animated shows and movies from around the world without any arguments or confusion?

I've been wanting to discuss the subtle nuances hidden within The Secret of Kells for a good while now. ^_^

I do believe there either A had to be a new Section all together for this "Non-Japanese Anime Section" or B have as Spaceman stated a "Non-Japanese Anime Sub-Section in the Anime Section"

Please heard me out thank you…

@classyspartan:

Though I too second the notion of an International Animation subthread/subtopic because no one can actually DENY that any of these things are animated. Also I would kind of love to have a topic to discuss Steven Universe in with others.

@nubguy:

Yeah, that's surprising lol Although I disagree on the matter, I suppose a catch-all category for International Animation would be good.

Still think International Anime is better.

Thank You… :)

• Yes, I agree with you. I think there should be an International Anime section. I suppose I have a problem with having something that clearly embodies anime at its core (like Avatar, Wakfu, or Teen Titans) with something that has nothing to do with anime in form, story, or style (Frozen, Spongebob, Adventure Time).

Even if you don't see these shows as anime, at the very least, they are anime-influenced, and don't belong in a category with an animated children's film.

• I appreciate y'all's enthusiasm, but I was already in favor of making a forum for this. We have like 80,000 forums already, so one more isn't going to hurt. However, it's just going to be a General Animation forum. We aren't going to further dissect animation so that every kind of animated thing gets its own forum.

Gimme a minute.

• @nubguy:

Yes, I agree with you. I think there should be an International Anime section. I suppose I have a problem with having something that clearly embodies anime at its core (like Avatar, Wakfu, or Teen Titans) with something that has nothing to do with anime in form, story, or style (Frozen, Spongebob, Adventure Time).

Even if you don't see these shows as anime, at the very least, they are anime-influenced, and don't belong in a category with an animated children's film.

Or in an off topic category "Members'" Lounge like REALLY?

• @Sophie:

I appreciate y'all's enthusiasm, but I was already in favor of making a forum for this. We have like 80,000 forums already, so one more isn't going to hurt.

Gimme a minute.

lol I didn't mean to rush you or anything. All I was trying to say is that I think it should be International Anime versus International Animation.

• @nubguy:

lol I didn't mean to rush you or anything. All I was trying to say is that I think it should be International Anime versus International Animation.

Yes International Anime could work too for a name for the section…

• http://www.funimation.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?1492-Animation

There you go. It's just "Animation" because it fits better with all the other forums - "Gaming", "Music", etc.

• @gohan6425:

International Anime

There's no such thing.

:edit: Thank you, Sophie.

• @til:

there's no such thing.

:edit: Thank you, sophie.

There is NOW! :)

• But it's not called "International", it's called Animation.

• @Anthony:

But it's not called "International", it's called Animation.

Meh, whats the differerence?…

• There's no difference other than their definition, they mean the same thing basically.

(I'm just saying what it's called, the new forums section)