When you click on STREAM, below it is a pic – which anime is it from?

• The pic says next to it "STREAM. OBSESS. NOW REPEAT"
    Which anime is it from?

• I believe it is chaos;head but I could be wrong. http://www.funimation.com/shows/chaos-head/home it was an okay watch, until it ended.

• It's from Chaos;HEad.

Don't watch it. Trust me. It's a pile.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's from Chaos;HEad.

Yeah I know… I was like... ok this is really cool, wonder what this is going to be about... next episode... this is really cool, wonder what this is going to be about.... next episode... hmm is this going to go anywhere other than just sounding cool?

It had all these mysterious components... but never actually did anything or ever really went anywhere.

I sat there thinking... ok where are you going with this? And it never happened.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's from Chaos;HEad.

LoL you're a pile for suggesting it is a pile. This is sweet, coming from someone who thinks "Cowboy Bebop" and "Space Dandy", are "watchable". That Anime is actually rather advanced intelligence storyline, on par with "Eden of the East", and not so dissimilar to the theoretical scientific concepts of "Dimension W" either.

Figures, someone with such casual disregard; who likes to "Shoot first, ask questions later", wouldn't be able to appreciate such matters. Alas, if you have understanding for theoretical physics or otherwise, it is quite an intriguing concept: Are the "people around you really real, or only in your head?"

If you need Wikipedia articles to explain why you are horribly wrong on this series, I can provide nonetheless. In either case, don't be a "douchebag" and take a cheap shot at something because you don't understand it; alas I am sure many people here on forums are more then capable of doing such nonetheless…

EDIT: See below…

@Phoenixus:

I sat there thinking… ok where are you going with this? And it never happened.

You have to get to the end, perhaps I can review that series and suggest with episodes/time is most relevant, nonetheless this Anime series is very interesting theoretically as I suggested above. Having an ability, or rather it being natural, to control the perception of reality is a very advanced concept nonetheless.

BTW this is the prequel series to Steins:Gate, which people here (including the Spaceman) like so IDK why the hate nonetheless. I will admit, this series requires brainpower; and some like the above people may not have the willingness to expend it, nonetheless if you watch the entire series and understand it, it is quite a show it is so…

• @thegrandalliance:

You have to get to the end, perhaps I can review that series and suggest with episodes/time is most relevant, nonetheless this Anime series is very interesting theoretically as I suggested above. Having an ability, or rather it being natural, to control the perception of reality is a very advanced concept nonetheless.

BTW this is the prequel series to Steins:Gate, which people here (including the Spaceman) like so IDK why the hate nonetheless. I will admit, this series requires brainpower; and some like the above people may not have the willingness to expend it, nonetheless if you watch the entire series and understand it, it is quite a show it is so…

Alright TGA, I'm game…

I made it all the way to EP10, and I was still going.... ok the internet message was cool, but you never really explored it so its just hanging there, the Red Head is completely odd, what is she, friend or foe, you're not even going into the character development for her so we still have no idea, its just hanging out there, you still don't have this sword that you've been looking for the whole time, and we have no idea why you need it or what it actually is, you just hung it out there... or the flashes into this dream.

It was all this cool and mysterious stuff that they never bothered to explore... so it was all this cool stuff just hanging out there with no real exploration, and seemed like it was going nowhere or getting to the point.

By episode 10 I had thought they would have at least tried to start building to the climax, but I was still just hanging there with nothing even being tied in.

So I am willing to listen...

• Warning: The Following is a Wall of Text…

@Phoenixus:

By episode 10 I had thought they would have at least tried to start building to the climax, but I was still just hanging there with nothing even being tied in.

So I am willing to listen…

Alas, it has been several months since I watched this; nonetheless, if I remember correctly, they explain everything in last few episodes.

Basically, if you don't care…

! The main character Takumi realizes he is an illusion projected by his real self… the old dude in the wheelchair, "The General" (if I recall it is explained in episode 11). It started as part of some sort of experiment; and to combat the main bad guy corporation (who are using the technology to conquer Japan). Some of the people have an natural ability (the female characters) to discern reality from Illusions (whereas rest of humanity cannot tell the difference), and they band together to stop the evil corporation.

Basically, the entire show is about the main character, Takumi, realizing he is an illusion; and also has ability to create illusions. The Anime Pink-Hair girl, who you see earlier for instance, was actually an illusion that was created. The show addresses the concept of what happens when illusions become reality, and addresses what is truly "real".

I haven't seen Steins;Gate yet, I assume they may continue something to this effect from what I read. Watching Episode 7, around 18-20 minutes, in Japanese with subtitles actually makes a bit sense; helpful to search some of these terms of course. They do try to explain this, although it is a bit hard to understand.

First of all this is all really complicated Quantum Mechanics stuff, so the following will probably not make sense. They base it upon the scientific work of a scientist you never heard of, "Paul Dirac". This Anime is based upon a theoretical derivative of the "Dirac Equation," more specifically "Hole Theory" and the "Dirac Sea".

I apologize if my science description is absolutely horrible: Basically the theory suggests that vacuum space (everywhereness) is filled with negative energy (a space that a particle exists at lowest energy state) and reality is observed by the position that a particle is located in of "positive energy". Think of it as a grid whereas there are coordinates; one dot on a grid such as an XYZ plane (thing you learn in Geometry class).

You may have heard of the concept of "Schrödinger's Cat." The concept is that in a quantum state, something is neither alive or dead until the quantum particle is "observed." In this case of the Dirac Sea, the concept is that the particle that "is observed" is in one position of a sea of many positions, being of "positive" energy is the realization that we observe. According to the Anime, it is possible to make an "illusion" into "reality" by changing which grid position a particle or otherwise is observed at to one of the positions it isn't at otherwise ("negative energy").

In other words, someone with some "special power" in the case of this Anime could in theory create something from effectively nothing, by realizing a possibility (moving particles in otherwise empty space to something that is observed) that otherwise doesn't exist. An illusion, in other words.

Dimension W also addresses this concept albeit differently, suggesting that all possible permutations exist in a higher dimension; the one that is realized in conventional 3D space is simply one realization of this. The scientific concept that is addressed here is whether all objects in the world only become "real" if "realized"; sort of a play with the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle combined with a special interpretation "Many Worlds Theory" of space-time.

If you look at the Wikipedia article for "Dirac Sea" they actually referred this episode directly I talked about. Yes, the concept is rather massively hard to understand, alas simply watch the Anime and it should kinda make sense. That is why in my post above I got all "ANGULY FACE" above, because this Anime is actually an extremely complex scientific concept made into a presentable Anime Sci-Fi context it is so…

/walloftext

@TIL:

OOOOOOHhOHOHOHOOooooo, good tidings TIL Nobu! Long time no see! I thought I take this time to make a toast to our most Grand Reunion, as it were! I believe your friend there could use some medical assistance, as once more he appears to be under influence of a most foul substance. 'Tsk 'Tsk, such shamefulness of the peasantry these days, it is so…

/fancylaugh

• I don't think the issue for Chaos;Head itself was the scientific theories it was teaching us. I had no issues with the show but as it kept going it felt like it was going to need more time to explain things and have events happen, it just kind of ended very unsatisfactorily for a lot of people, it was like it was half done. I remember reading somewhere else on these forums that the show had the intention of being 24 episodes and was told within the last 4 or so that it was going to be 12 so they had to rush the hell out of everything.

And Chaos;head has not a whole lot to deal with steins;gate

! hell they're not even in the same "world line" for the entire show except for like 2 episodes (first and last) xD

• @darthrutsula:

I don't think the issue for Chaos;Head itself was the scientific theories it was teaching us. I had no issues with the show but as it kept going it felt like it was going to need more time to explain things and have events happen, it just kind of ended very unsatisfactorily for a lot of people, it was like it was half done. I remember reading somewhere else on these forums that the show had the intention of being 24 episodes and was told within the last 4 or so that it was going to be 12 so they had to rush the hell out of everything.

I will have to agree…

....while I have now heard TGA out...

None of the things he talked about were ever really fully explained or revealed in any of the episodes I watched up through EP10, there wasn't even any real way to intuit what was going on because it was all just left hanging, nor was there any way to connect the dots in this one.

In the end it looked more like something where they threw in all this cool stuff without a point to it or bothering to tie it all in.

So I will concur with you that this one obviously was not fleshed out and never fully explored in the direction it should have been in order to tell the story correctly.

• It certainly didn't help that the animation budget pretty much consisted of shoestrings & lint, either. :hmm:

• @Phoenixus:

I will have to agree…

....while I have now heard TGA out...

None of the things he talked about were ever really fully explained or revealed in any of the episodes I watched up through EP10, there wasn't even any real way to intuit what was going on because it was all just left hanging, nor was there any way to connect the dots in this one. So I will concur with you that this one obviously was not fleshed out and never fully explored in the direction it should have been in order to tell the story correctly.

Well yes, if this series had 26 episodes and not half that, perhaps they could have: Another reason I rail on about Anime Industry going "to the dark side". The creators decided to focus on the drama that would likely sell well to a general audience, and not make it a brain-drain type of Sci-Fi. As I mentioned before, Episode 7 is the one they briefly talk about it, alas I will admit to the casual, non-scientific viewer, they probably would have missed out on this point.

However, if you are more "scientifically minded", and did some backstory research, it becomes very understandable. The story did "jump over" a detailed explanation that a lay person would need; if you "get it", it "makes sense".

All of the following series, such as Steins;Gate that people like, are based upon the concept in the first series. The purpose of Chaos;Head, was to set up the premise of the story, and how that Japan discovered this technology. The other series, of course had more episodes and more (and perhaps better) writing as well. In either case, it is kinda a cause/effect situation. Would The Lord of the Rings” make sense without the backstory of The Hobbit”?

Lastly, the non-linear” approach this series uses (how the story seems to be all over the place) may have been intentional to add to the confusion”. Whether it was wise is debatable, nonetheless it appears intentional, as to add to the drama of the situation, What is really real, and what is an illusion?” to this effect, it is so.

Remember this is Anime first; designed for Japanese brains if you will and not Americans, so what works there isn"t necessarily intended for an American audience. Americans of course, don"t care” or otherwise not forced to care about math/science as Japanese kids are, so their ability to pick up” on complicated things right away isn"t as likely.

So it makes sense people here don"t get it, that is fine I suppose. In either case, I do me best to try to explain nonetheless, as this series is a good theoretical, science theory based (and not stupid action nonsense) show that highlights why Anime is a worthy and honorable media form, and not simply all about random sex stuff, it is so…

• @thegrandalliance:

All of the following series, such as Steins;Gate that people like, are based upon the concept in the first series. The purpose of Chaos;Head, was to set up the premise of the story, and how that Japan discovered this technology. The other series, of course had more episodes and more (and perhaps better) writing as well.

You said earlier you haven't watched S;G right? Because you'd know Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate had very little to do with each other save for some very small allusions (the nozomi papers for example).