Funimatiobn at Alamo theatre

• I greatly enjoyed Funimations monthly showings at the Alamo theater chain. While I was out of commission due to some shoulder surgery it appears they have stopped. Did I miss some announcement about this? Any chance they will come back? I made some good friends going to the shows there.

• The only announcement I saw was the notice that the Meetup page for the events was getting shutdown.

• Did it say why it was shutting down? I'm curious now, even though I certainly don't live near the theatre you go to.

• It did not say. I think it boils down to Funi deciding that the monthly showings were not worth the staff time and effort they took.

I would like to see them encourage what goes on in Houston and San Antonio, weekly showings of Anime at the Alamo that are arranged by local fans. Attending the weekly Houston showings when I was working down there a decade ago was what made me into an real anime fan.

• That's too bad they stopped (for the people who went). But then again it wasn't worth their time apparently, oh well.

• It would have been nice to get a official response to this.

• @klmjr22:

It would have been nice to get a official response to this.

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

…that is about as official as it gets. Made for a great movie, nonetheless; in either case...

• @thegrandalliance:

REMEMBER THE ALAMO!!!

See, this is the crap I'm talking about. You blast these random statements in size 800 font, and wonder why I call you out as annoying?

• @dougswisher:

and wonder why I call you out as annoying?

Annoying? Perhaps. Roleplaying, it is not…

You say I "roleplay"... thar be a difference. in either case, I wasn't talking to you, I was making "a joke"... perhaps you didn't read the OP and understand what his problem was.

If you don't like it, simply moveon.org and read something else. "You" are not my "target audience". No need to troll further.

Alas, I can spell it out for you if I must, no matter...

• And you follow it up with more Role Play speak…

Maybe some day you'll join the rest of us in Reality.

• This post is deleted!