Which anime

• I'm currently about to start watching Last Exile, then the sequel. But before I do I would like to know which show you guys think I should watch next.

• My suggestion would be Steins gate as that is a really good sci-fi series. It's also a lot of fun.

What's Last Exile?

• This is what is says on the home page of Last Exile (I haven't started watching it yet):

It"s the dawn of the Golden Age of Aviation on planet Prester, and retro-futuristic sky vehicles known as vanships dominate the horizon. Claus Valca a flyboy born with the right stuff and his fiery navigator Lavie are fearless racers obsessed with becoming the first sky couriers to cross the Grand Stream in a vanship. But when the high-flying duo encounters a mysterious girl named Alvis, they are thrust into the middle of an endless battle between Anatoray and Disith two countries systematically destroying each other according to the code of chivalric warfare. Lives will be lost and legacies determined as Claus and Lavie attempt to bring peace to their world by solving the riddle of its chaotic core.

• Go for Steins;Gate. That's one of my personal favorites.

• I think I am going to watch that one after the one I'm currently watching; it did get 4 votes (1 of them was mine so I can see the polls easier).

• @Anthony:

This is what is says on the home page of Last Exile (I haven't started watching it yet):

It"s the dawn of the Golden Age of Aviation on planet Prester, and retro-futuristic sky vehicles known as vanships dominate the horizon. Claus Valca a flyboy born with the right stuff and his fiery navigator Lavie are fearless racers obsessed with becoming the first sky couriers to cross the Grand Stream in a vanship. But when the high-flying duo encounters a mysterious girl named Alvis, they are thrust into the middle of an endless battle between Anatoray and Disith two countries systematically destroying each other according to the code of chivalric warfare. Lives will be lost and legacies determined as Claus and Lavie attempt to bring peace to their world by solving the riddle of its chaotic core.

Oh wow, Last Exile sounds good! Seems like it's probably a steampunk show. I will be adding this one to my queue for sure. Let me know what you think once you start. I'd be curious to hear how you like it.

• Sure thing! :), also I think it's definitely decided now, Steins;Gate is the next anime I'm going to be watching.

• Tough Choice on the bottom Two…
    Those are both really good.

I picked Shakugan no Shana as its one of my personal favorites... but Stein's Gate is right up there.

• What show are thes?

• @nubguy:

Oh wow, Last Exile sounds good! Seems like it's probably a steampunk show. I will be adding this one to my queue for sure. Let me know what you think once you start. I'd be curious to hear how you like it.

I'm currently at episode 8 and I'm really enjoying it. The story is kinda of slow, but I think episode 8 is where is all changes (I'm just guessing right now). Anyways when you have time you should start wathching it! Let me know what you think of it :)
    @gohan6425:

What show are thes?

I don't really know yet since I haven't watched them. I had them in my queue and was wondering which one I should watch.

• @Anthony:

I'm currently at episode 8 and I'm really enjoying it. The story is kinda of slow, but I think episode 8 is where is all changes (I'm just guessing right now). Anyways when you have time you should start wathching it! Let me know what you think of it :)

You are pretty far into it already lol how many episodes are there? I'm going to check it out when I get home tonight! :) I'll tell you after what I think. Are you almost done with the series?

• People! what is this?! i'm the only one who voted fafner?!!! Sure dead aggresor isn't the best but it's worth watching just for heaven and earth and exodus! Which are btw the best mecha anime from the last few years.

• @nubguy:

You are pretty far into it already lol how many episodes are there? I'm going to check it out when I get home tonight! :) I'll tell you after what I think. Are you almost done with the series?

Okay cool! Also there is a sequel to Last Exile (both show in total, there's 47 episodes).
    @nubguy:

Ill get to Fafner sooner or later :)

• Aaaah, LoL you are watching Last Exile, so am I. Although I watched it out of sequence back in the day, and already seen "FAM Silver Wing" (sequel). Was going to finish this up today though.

In terms of the future, IDK… Shana's dub switch to Funimation for the latter seasons ruined this for me for some reason. Also the story gets a bit overextended as well. I leave it to others here to advise as such therefore.

• @thegrandalliance:

Aaaah, LoL you are watching Last Exile, so am I. Although I watched it out of sequence back in the day, and already seen "FAM Silver Wing" (sequel). Was going to finish this up today though.

In terms of the future, IDK… Shana's dub switch to Funimation for the latter seasons ruined this for me for some reason. Also the story gets a bit overextended as well. I leave it to others here to advise as such therefore.

What do you mean by it switched to Funimation? Did the voice actors change or something?

• @nubguy:

What do you mean by it switched to Funimation? Did the voice actors change or something?

iirc Shana's license changed hands from whoever to Funimation so the dub cast was switched after S1 I believe

• @darthrutsula:

iirc Shana's license changed hands from whoever to Funimation so the dub cast was switched after S1 I believe

Indeed, but unfortunately I found the Funimation cast "to be annoying" for some reason. Not very usual this happens, nonetheless usually I get fed up with mid-series cast changes in general. Of course, you can always watch Japanese. It wasn't as good as English if I remember though, but still possibility.

In either case, the show itself; although based upon an interesting premise, goes on far longer then it is worth. 3 seasons of this show was unmerited with the story thereof. It has the feeling of being one of thoughs "never ending shows" without the "reward for sticking with it".

• So is it worth it to watch the sequel? Like, are the voice changes really noticeable that it just makes the story seem completely different?

• @Anthony:

So is it worth it to watch the sequel? Like, are the voice changes really noticeable that it just makes the story seem completely different?

This is subjective, but it ruined the show for me… I never finished Season 3. You may be fine with it; I may be overly sensitive to these things, nonetheless in my case I had enough.

In either case, the story itself basically "gets boring". So even without the change, it can be hard to watch the latter seasons it is so...

• Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'm going to watch the sequel, I'm only going to watch the first season.

• @nubguy:

What's Last Exile?

Its basically an Anime verision of the Video Game "Skies of Arcadia", a Sega Dreamcast/Gamecube Game; and of course, "The Greatest Video Game of All Time…"

There is no connection of any type supposedly between the 2 (they are not the same Intellectual Property; nor connection with any companies); nonetheless the art/story/music are effectively the same, and they both came out around early 2000s.

@Anthony:

Thanks for the heads up, I don't think I'm going to watch the sequel, I'm only going to watch the first season.

Naw, you shall watch both. It is a worthy show in either case. Does require large about of brainpower to appreciate it, nonetheless.