Summer season

• Since the spring season lineup was awful lets go ahead a start talking about the summer season so they might actually get what we want.
    What I want this summer from funi is

1. Masou Gakuen HxH
    2. New game
    3. Qualidea Code
      And of course the new season Danganronpa.

• You know I know there's a lot of anime coming out in the summer but…....we're like one week into April, I'd say hold your horses on getting predictions for what Funimation should pick up till AT LEAST late May.

• @classyspartan:

You know I know there's a lot of anime coming out in the summer but…....we're like one week into April, I'd say hold your horses on getting predictions for what Funimation should pick up till AT LEAST late May.

Oh, I wasn't predicting anything I was just saying what I wanted them to get. And I wanted to encourage people to do the same so funimation can maybe already know the jist of what we want for when the time comes.

• @seikopath:

Since the spring season lineup was awful lets go ahead a start talking about the summer season so they might actually get what we want.

Well, some of us would agree to disagree on the matter but alas nonetheless…

• I find it to early to start talking about this

• Yeah, this seems to be putting the cart before the horse just a little bit. Let's let the Spring season get a little bit into itself before we start making predictions for the Summer just yet.

! Although it IS pretty obvious that Funi's going to get the new Arslan, DanganRonpa, and Show By Rock series. :)

• @SpacemanHardy:

Although it IS pretty obvious that Funi's going to get the new Arslan, DanganRonpa, and Show By Rock series.

Don't count your chickens before they hatch…

• I like counting chickens before they hatch.. 1 … 2... 3
    Anyway, one anime Funimation is for sure getting in summer is The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance. That will be fun.

Also, a given, Crunchyroll will stream the new Berserk series in summer as well.

• This post is deleted!

• @nubguy:

I like counting chickens before they hatch.. 1 … 2... 3
    Anyway, one anime Funimation is for sure getting in summer is The Heroic Legend of Arslan: Dust Storm Dance. That will be fun.

Also, a given, Crunchyroll will stream the new Berserk series in summer as well.

Where did you get this from?

• The best way to get funi to step up for the summer cour is to hit them in the wallet and cancel your subscription. If subscribers fall enough they will dip a bit deeper into their profit margin and bid higher for those summer shows.

• @bernie1972:

The best way to get funi to step up for the summer cour is to hit them in the wallet and cancel your subscription. If subscribers fall enough they will dip a bit deeper into their profit margin and bid higher for those summer shows.

Your statement makes absolutely no sense, if we hit them in the "wallet" then they won't have the funds to bid higher for those summer shows. If you want to unsubscribe go ahead, but there's really is no need for a comment like this. First of all it makes no sense and second of all many people don't agree with you.

As it has been mentioned many times on the forums (or at least I've mentioned it a lot) Funimation did spend a chunck of their budget of MHA, they got worldwide rights which isn't cheap. In doing so they didn't have as much money available to purchase many titles. They got what they can get, if you are un happy with this go ahead and un sub, don't go around the forums posting negative things like this.

On another note thank you Til Nobu for the link.

• http://anichart.net/summer

In case anyone is curious about what shows are coming out in Summer, here's what we know thus far.

Also…y'all need to chill sometimes. Like really, one season where they don't get as many shows and you're all CANCEL THY SUBSCRIPTION. Like geez people. Contrary to popular belief Crunchyroll has had some pretty weak simulcast seasons too, it happens sometimes. Besides if you want to unsubscribe just do it. Like you don't need to make a giant public spectacle of I THINK THIS SERVICE SUCKS AND I WILL TAKE MY MONEY ELSEWHERE like you're some sort of super special individual. Like chill. You can unsubscribe and resubscribe when you feel like it. Nothing's changed. If you go elsewhere for a few months, then have a good one. If you feel like subscribing back when Funi gets a good seasonal pickup again then more power to you.

Just...chill you know?

• @bernie1972:

The best way to get funi to step up for the summer cour is to hit them in the wallet and cancel your subscription. If subscribers fall enough they will dip a bit deeper into their profit margin and bid higher for those summer shows.

Actually, I would think that would only hurt Funimation and prevent them from getting those good shows you want. By continuing to support them, you are actally helping to secure a better season in the long run.

• Besides the obvious sequels/spin-offs, I predict Funi is going to spend a bunch on Mob Psycho 100 much like they did this season with MHA. Besides that, I can only really predict that Funi will probably pick up a romance show (like ReLife and Orange) and a smaller action show (like Taboo Tattoo).

Edit: It's also almost certain that Funi will not pick up the new D.Gray Man.

• Two shows I hope Funimation picks up for summer are Nejimaki Seirei Senki (http://anilist.co/anime/21410/NejimakiSeireiSenkiTenkyounoAlderamin) and 91 Days (http://anilist.co/anime/21711/91Days).

• I agree with you I really want Funimation to get Masou Gakuen HxH and for it to get an english dub :)

• @draconis2014:

I agree with you I really want Funimation to get Masou Gakuen HxH and for it to get an english dub :)

that is no longer a possibility. its a Kadokawa show and CR just recently made a year long deal with Kadokawa to license shows they produce. and since CR just announced they will start releasing shows on DVD/BD, well, you connect the dots

• I was looking through old Anime, there were some things I found that Funi did that I kind of miss… the feeling and style of them were strangely cool... and I wish we could find anime with this kind of feel again but it seems rare...

Tsukuyomi: Moon Phase

Its darker and deeper but also fun and surprisingly pure too... I really kind of like that simplistic approach.

• Scar-red Rider XechS:
    Cool First Episode, lots of build up to the drama… doesn't seem like my kind of show... but honestly this one isn't bad. Definitely has the cool vibe to it. Hopefully it doesn't turn stupid with a rock band type motif... but... the actual episode was pretty good.

Tales of Zestiria the X:
    Wow... just wow... There is so much win in this one... the art, the cinematic effects, the battles, the magic, the mysterious plot building... ancient civilization, the FF7 Mako stream, its just... wow... just wow... I can't even stop saying that after catching the first episode.

My First Love Monster:
    Yes its really really cute, the girl is adorable... but I just couldn't bring myself to finish it. Its just that silly... the 5th grader thing... it just doesn't work. Liked the girl a lot though...

The Disastrous Life of Saiki K:
    You know I watched the first episode, I wasn't really that excited about this one in the first place... but I watched it anyway... you never know when you'll find a hidden gem... but... even though I watched the first episode. It seemed like it really didn't have a point. Who knows... maybe it will get better in the second one, but strangely enough it kept my attention enough to finish it.

Love Live Sunshine:
    Yeah I checked it out. I didn't finish it, but at least I can say it was well done. The girls were cute enough... but I think this one is a case of "just not my thing". But then again I have to admit the Idol type shows just never were my thing. Still I am betting this one could be well liked if this is your thing.