Spring Code

• So if you get emails from Funimation you most likely got one about the Spring Sale on April 4th. I was wondering how it works exactly, (Buy 2 items and get he 3rd 50% off). I wanted to use the code (not buy anything right away, just wanted to see how much it would be) but it told me "this coupon does not apply to items in cart". I have items from the spring sale in my cart.
    Can anyone explain to me what I need in order for it to work? Danks :)

Sorry it might be a bit hard to understand, or maybe not

• I did not get said email :(!

I would imagine it does not work on anything already on sale. So if you are trying to get something from the Spring Sale that might be the issue? Check the email for any specific terms on the promo that might have an answer.

• @priestesstyrande:

I would imagine it does not work on anything already on sale.

That's what I though too, but after adding 3 items not on Spring sale it still gave me that message.

@priestesstyrande:

Check the email for any specific terms on the promo that might have an answer.

There are non that answer my question

• Why don't you post the code on the forums, and people can "debug" it for you?…

• The code is "SPRINGPASS"

goes in the corner and starts to talk to himself
    Help me please, I need help

• What are you trying to buy again? Also, if you can cut/paste the terms/conditions of the offer.

I did notice it doesn't work with individual items. It is also possible it is too soon to use the code as well.

• I was trying to buy the Evangelion movies, Black Butler, High School DxD among other things. (Sad I won't end buying each one, I've thought it over and I don't NEED NEED them right now).

The terms and conditions: "*Free shipping it not valid on pre-orders, orders in Canada or if you have selected to ship your items as soon as they become available (ship seperate). Offer pertains to US Customers only when shipping ground. Buy 2 items and get a 3rd item of equal or lesser value for 50% off using promo code provided."

You know what I just realized…. "Offer pertains to US Customers only when shipping ground." What a loss, it brings up the question why they sent it to me if it's only for US Customers >_<

• …because Funimation is a Texas company, as is thus focused US side. International shipping brings up a whole host of problems, regulator or license-based.

In either case, sorry you couldn't make the sale on Funimation site. Amazon shall be your savoir, it is so!

• Sorry Funimation seems you won't be getting my money today <3

Starts too look for the shows on Amazon

• @Anthony:

Offer pertains to US Customers only when shipping ground.

I want to point out that this is specifically referring to the free shipping on orders over $50. It is almost cut and paste from all of their promotions. It has nothing to do with the code.

The code itself should still work for you.

I would double check to see if there is anything you overlooked (I didn't get the email so I can't all the fancy stuff.)

Otherwise before you place your order send an email here: http://www.funimation.com/support
    Ask whats up, i am sure they can work with you.

Or amazon, what ever is easier.

• Thanks for your help, but I'm going to be going with Amazon/RightStuf; whichever is better for me.

• @priestesstyrande:

Or amazon, what ever is easier.

Yea, but he is also facing Canadian taxes via Funimation as well, which he is trying to avoid. Buying via a Canada retail in theory should placate some of these costs.

• On another thread Mr. Spaceman mentioned RightStuf, I'm in the process of comparing that site vs Amazon. (Which is less expensive)

• @Anthony:

On another thread Mr. Spaceman mentioned RightStuf, I'm in the process of comparing that site vs Amazon. (Which is less expensive)

Amazon may be less expensive for certain items, but when RightStuf has a sale, they simply can't be beat. And if you sign up for their Got Anime? program (it's like 15 bucks for a year), you even get an additional 10% off of sale prices.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Amazon may be less expensive for certain items, but when RightStuf has a sale, they simply can't be beat. And if you sign up for their Got Anime? program (it's like 15 bucks for a year), you even get an additional 10% off of sale prices.

Yes, but don't forget that RightStuf is a US based company. Assuming they don't have a Canadian distribution system; a sale on RightStuf may still be higher oruced then Amazon.canada, when import taxes/exchange rate/shipping losses are considered.

• http://www.rightstufanime.com/policies

Canadian Customers
    Orders shipping to Canada will be shipped by Federal Express (FedEx). Note a surcharge will appear on all Canadian orders. This surcharge covers all taxes, duties, customs and processing fees. Previously these fees were collected by Canada Post and were accompanied by a COD charge to collect them. By moving to pre-collection, the fees will be the same but this collection charge is no longer necessary - so you save on every order with us! Delivery time to Canada after your order completes should be 7-10 days.

Canada orders are generally held until all items in the order are in-stock in our warehouse. However, should your order be held up by one or two items for an extended period, we will, at our option, and at no additional expense to you, ship all items that are currently available on that order and any other current order to minimize your wait for the products.

Please note that FedEx shipping requires a valid physical shipping address. We can not ship FedEx to PO Boxes. Please visit https://www.fedex.com/ca_english/signaturerelease/ to fill out delivery instructions in case you are unavailable to sign for the package.

:ninja:

• EDIT: Dangit, TIL ninja'd me. :ninja:

If you have any further questions, you can always contact their Dark Lord and CEO Shawne Kleckner directly at darklord(at)rightstuf(dot)com, or if you're on Twitter, https://twitter.com/shawnekleckner.

• @TIL:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/policies

Yes, so I guess it all depends on what that final cost is vs the cost of somewhere (local) else it is so…

@SpacemanHardy:

Here's what RightStuf says about Canadian customers:

LOL Mr. Spaceman…

YE HAZ BEEN DEFEATED BY THE NOBU!!!
    ALL HAIL THE SUPREME OVERLORD!!!

• @TIL:

http://www.rightstufanime.com/policies

:ninja:

Nice to know, due to this I'm most likely going to go with Amazon. (Since RightStuf is basically like Funimation, duties, taxes etc). But I still haven't decided.

• Amazon.ca wil probably end up your better bet.

• I was going to go with Amazon, but I saw a horrible looking dvd/blu-ray set for Black Butler season 2, I'm not sure if it's the actual disk BUT I TAKE NO RISKS. So I'm going to go with Right Stuf.

Dis is for Spaceman, is the "Got Anime" membership good? (Are the discounts good). I currently have 15 items (Yes it's a lot, but it is my first time buying Anime) and it comes out to $499.83, total: $566.83. (CAD $763.37).

If the discount makes the price go down a good amount then I'll get it, it if doesn't I'm going to have to spend 3 hours deciding what to remove and what to keep.

Edit: I found out there's a discount code (AND IT WORKS)