The state of Toonami!

• Ok so Toonami had a 12-3:30am Eastern Time Slot for there block… However starting April 16th, 2016 Hunter x Hunter make it debut on Toonami... But with this it leave some issue for the block it self... This means that there are now 4 show that are aleast over 50 Episodes. DBZ Kai, Naruto Shipperen, One Piece, and now Hunter x Hunter as of April, 16th... Which mean there only 3 slot open for other show... Since the 4 show are going be on Toonami for LONG run... I really thing this is the time for Toonami to open it more and give us more time for the block... I mean the 3:00am show it a a rerun series show that are already... So that only 2 open slot LEFT... That not good... I mean we know Samurai Jack Revival Season coming back later this year. We also don't know how long that show will be around. Also FLCL is coming back in 2017. So it seen to me that Toonami need more time as it does not see other show to be added for less Time Slot now... What you all think?

• Yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense. If they could just start an hour or two earlier even, that would help a lot. With so many long-running series, seems like they would need to expand if they want to keep showing other shows.

• @nubguy:

Yeah, I think that makes a lot of sense. If they could just start an hour or two earlier even, that would help a lot. With so many long-running series, seems like they would need to expand if they want to keep showing other shows.

Yes it does… That need another hour I would rather then have it started even earlyer then that but fat changes that going have been... >_< But with 2 series already announce for Toonami one in late 2016 and the other at some point in 2017, plus other show that have YET to be announce Toonami it seen that need an hour earllyer start time... I mean that had started Toonami at 11:30pm Eastern Time like for a year an of half so that can get of more time if that REALLY wanted to... We have to wait and see what A.Swim does...

• They should make the Toonami block last from 8 EST till whenever you can only watch King of the Hill, American Dad, etc on repeat so many times and it would open the door to add new or classic anime on the line up

• According to where the series is at now and if they don't have too many marathon interruptions inbetween, DBZ Kai should have enough episode to where the show will complete its run at the end of the year leaving that slot open for the start of 2017. As for show slots, honestly I get the impression that we'll probably have one more show added to the block after Dimension W finishes its run, and then once Samurai Champloo is done, that's probably when we're gonna get Samurai Jack.

Honestly not too worried now. Absolutely excited beyond belief over the current lineup because I've been in love with Hunter x Hunter for over a year or two now and the known Dub Cast is extremely promising to me. Trust me Gohan I really think you're gonna like Hunter x Hunter.

As for future slots, who knows. I personally would prefer at least either an 11:30 slot or hell, even a 3:30 slot to be opened up just because having the marathon have 7 shows going from 12AM-3:30AM kind of personally irks me. Either have it be 11:30-3:30 or 12-4 for consistency's sake that's how I see it.

• I'm looking forward to Hunter x Hunter a lot! From what I've heard, it's a great series. It's not that long though, is it?

• @nubguy:

It's not that long though, is it?

Not when compared to One Piece, Naruto and DBZ. ~_^

148 episodes.

• Is it interesting? What type of anime is it?

• @Anthony:

Is it interesting? What type of anime is it?

Shonen/Action type anime & manga series in a similar vein to One Piece/DBZ/Naruto, written by the author of the popular Yu Yu Hakusho series, and animated by Studio MADHOUSE who have done quite their prolific share of anime series in the past.

• I'm willing to bet good money that Dimension W will be replaced by My Hero Academia once it finishes up.

• @classyspartan:

Shonen/Action type anime & manga series in a similar vein to One Piece/DBZ/Naruto, written by the author of the popular Yu Yu Hakusho series, and animated by Studio MADHOUSE who have done quite their prolific share of anime series in the past.

Thanks, I'll check it out.
    @SpacemanHardy:

I'm willing to bet good money that Dimension W will be replaced by My Hero Academia once it finishes up.

Is Dimension W almost done? Or are you just picking any random one.

• @Anthony:

Its Toonami run is halfway finished, and it just so happens that MHA will be six weeks in when it ends, so it'll make for perfect timing for it to replace it.

• Oh okay danks :)

• This post is deleted!

• What do you all think? Should My Hero Academia be a Dubbletalk show or a Toonami show?

Original message: Dude if My Hero Academia is on Toonami instead of on Dubbletalk where it belongs I'm going to be super disappointed. I really wanted Dimension W to be on there last time.

• @classyspartan:

According to where the series is at now and if they don't have too many marathon interruptions inbetween, DBZ Kai should have enough episode to where the show will complete its run at the end of the year leaving that slot open for the start of 2017. As for show slots, honestly I get the impression that we'll probably have one more show added to the block after Dimension W finishes its run, and then once Samurai Champloo is done, that's probably when we're gonna get Samurai Jack.

Honestly not too worried now. Absolutely excited beyond belief over the current lineup because I've been in love with Hunter x Hunter for over a year or two now and the known Dub Cast is extremely promising to me. Trust me Gohan I really think you're gonna like Hunter x Hunter.

As for future slots, who knows. I personally would prefer at least either an 11:30 slot or hell, even a 3:30 slot to be opened up just because having the marathon have 7 shows going from 12AM-3:30AM kind of personally irks me. Either have it be 11:30-3:30 or 12-4 for consistency's sake that's how I see it.

Welll lol we know that not happen Toonami alway had some type marathon going on… Also is that counting the Buu Saga? b/c that being dub for DBZ Kai... Yes that will have another show after Dimension W is up but STILL that does not change what I stated... This posted was not being worried about Hunter x Hunter... Hunter x Hunter is something people have been talking for alway to check out but I alway tell as I tell you guys I ONLY WATCH ENGLISH DUBS... But I also heard people said that it like Naruto b/c that said Naruto "copy" it b/c Kiso brother is the creator of Hunter x Hunter... -_-

I heard it being dub by Viz that got a good voices actor so it should be good...

Yes 11:30-3:30 I think would be better... But I still said that they should just started it up at 8pm as that show a rerun of DBZ Kai anyway ... Why not just started up there... I mean you just you rerun of family guy for the most part anyway in between the DBZ Kai Rerun and the 12am DBZ Kai new ep. Why not just have Toonami started at 8pm eastern time... It would make more sense... We could get anime and even classic Toonami animes in there...

@SpacemanHardy:

I'm willing to bet good money that Dimension W will be replaced by My Hero Academia once it finishes up.

That not saying anything yet… But Dimension W is ONLY 12 ep. so where already half way done with that anime...

@Anthony:

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Dimension W is ONLY 12 Ep. Anime Series and where already done with Ep. 6 so where half done with anime right now… But it replacement had YET to announces...

• @gohan6425:

Welll lol we know that not happen Toonami alway had some type marathon going on… Also is that counting the Buu Saga? b/c that being dub for DBZ Kai... Yes that will have another show after Dimension W is up but STILL that does not change what I stated... This posted was not being worried about Hunter x Hunter... Hunter x Hunter is something people have been talking for alway to check out but I alway tell as I tell you guys I ONLY WATCH ENGLISH DUBS... But I also heard people said that it like Naruto b/c that said Naruto "copy" it b/c Kiso brother is the creator of Hunter x Hunter...

I'm not really sure what you stated. Either that Toonami needs more timeslots or that it should start earlier I think are what you said. Only way that would seem likely to me is if they got 11:30 timeslot back, which considering they ARE having a world premiere of a new Season of Samurai Jack IS a possibility, but granted you never know.

As for DBZ Kai I was specifically rolling with the idea that if DBZ Kai was to end at the Cell Games portion. There has still been…literally no word on anything involving the DBZ Kai Buu Saga Dub. I know it exists somewhere but as of this moment I am rolling with the assumption that nothing has been worked out with that yet.

Also.....whoever told you that Yoshihiro Togashi (author of Yu Yu Hakusho & Hunter x Hunter) is brothers with the author of Naruto, Masahi Kishimoto is wrong. I can see why people WOULD make the comparisons and idea that Naruto ripped off some ideas from it but that's a totally nonsensical argument. Hunter x Hunter is a phenomenal show and I think you will definitely enjoy it.

FUN FACT: Togashi is actually married to Naoko Takeuchi, the author of Sailor Moon!

• @classyspartan:

I'm not really sure what you stated. Either that Toonami needs more timeslots or that it should start earlier I think are what you said. Only way that would seem likely to me is if they got 11:30 timeslot back, which considering they ARE having a world premiere of a new Season of Samurai Jack IS a possibility, but granted you never know.

As for DBZ Kai I was specifically rolling with the idea that if DBZ Kai was to end at the Cell Games portion. There has still been…literally no word on anything involving the DBZ Kai Buu Saga Dub. I know it exists somewhere but as of this moment I am rolling with the assumption that nothing has been worked out with that yet.

Also.....whoever told you that Yoshihiro Togashi (author of Yu Yu Hakusho & Hunter x Hunter) is brothers with the author of Naruto, Masahi Kishimoto is wrong. I can see why people WOULD make the comparisons and idea that Naruto ripped off some ideas from it but that's a totally nonsensical argument. Hunter x Hunter is a phenomenal show and I think you will definitely enjoy it.

FUN FACT: Togashi is actually married to Naoko Takeuchi, the author of Sailor Moon!

I Agree with you we should get are 11:30pm time slot back but at the same time I think we should have MORE then that… I think it should start at 8pm that could bring in alittle more anime or 2 eps. a week for other long running anime and even bring in classic Toonami Anime show for the 90's and Early 2000's... For what I happen DBZ Kai Buu Sage is being Dub and shown on Toonami that what was the WHOLE point of the deal for Toonami airing it was that they are getting Buu Sage DBZ Kai...

Wait there not brother wow thing alot of people thing there brother b/c I got ALOT of people who told me that...

Also as for you fun fact thing I already know about it... :P

• Boku "NO" Toonami Academia!

• @nubguy:

What do you all think? Should My Hero Academia be a Dubbletalk show or a Toonami show?

My opinion is that My Hero Academia should be a Dubbletalk show. I believe the major reason they were able to put Dimension W on Toonami is because Funimation was on the production committee for the series; that isn't the case with My Hero Academia. Then again, since Funimation made such a big deal about their acquisition of the series leading up to the premiere it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

• @GalaxyCrisis:

My opinion is that My Hero Academia should be a Dubbletalk show. I believe the major reason they were able to put Dimension W on Toonami is because Funimation was on the production committee for the series; that isn't the case with My Hero Academia. Then again, since Funimation made such a big deal about their acquisition of the series leading up to the premiere it isn't completely out of the realm of possibility.

I though Dubbletalk is a Talk show with Dumb Butthole Boomstick… Why would that air an anime there? Toonami had a deal with Funimation so it could happen Samani Champloo is a pick up title that guy from Greenon and Toonami add that so it does not just have to be premiere titles...