Help me find an anime!

• To get to the point I went to a con, saw a ton of AMVs and now have anime fever for all the feelings I have about anime I haven't seen YET. One of them I didn't get the name for. Truthfully.. I have almost no info about it :( I am hoping I can turn to you guys to help me based on what few moments of the anime I remember vividly. This is very possibly containing spoilers as the scene itself was sooooo emotional and hyped so be warned.

! I'll start off by saying the MC had short-ish brown hair and wore glasses. He seemed young, college years/mid-twenties I'm guessing. At some point he gets with this girl (unsure of their past relations anime/otherwise), but some sort of violent mishap gravely injures the girl. The MC visits her in the hospital, visibly hesitant and shaken up from whatever went down. The girl looks bloody and battered with a big patch over one of her eyes wrapped in bandages. I think she still had her casual clothing on, I think it was tattered with more bandages but it is difficult for me to remember. They're alone in the room having a feelzy conversation and they eventually kiss. During the embrace her arm falls or something, seeming to symbolize that she had died from her injuries right there in his arms. It was really sad.

So that was the one scene in particular I remember vividly. This next spoiler will have some hazy details that I BELIEVE are some events that happened afterwards in the AMV. I'm pretty sure it was all from a single anime so if something doesn't add up then focus on the first spoiler. If that scene reminds you of an anime just throw the name out there. That scene I remember well as opposed to these details.

! If I can recall I think after the disaster/grieving the MC has to endure he ends up meeting another girl. Now I don't think it appeared romantic, at least at first glance anyway. She appeared to be some stranger who was going to really shake the MC of the funk he'd been in after losing his lover. She might've gotten herself into some trouble somehow, some sketchy 'organization' people nabbed her and he came to save her. There were some weird protrusions from her back and as he tried to get closer to her he was shocked rather violently, pushing through the pain to try to get to her/embrace her

I hope this is enough to go on. Sorry if anything seems out of sequence or outright inaccurate, I was particularly moved by this AMV and have been trying to find the source material ever since haha. I saw so many other videos/panels I really only remember the first scene well enough. I am fairly sure that the rest of the info is relevant to that same anime but I am doubtful of my memory so if the secondary details throw you off then you're better off just throwing a name at me based on the initial scene. Just start throwing names out here guys, I'm desperate and determined to find it.

TL;DR - I'm trying to find a particular anime, although I only remember a few scenes in detail and have no other clues. Spoiler one has info about a very intense, romantic scene that I remember very specifically from an AMV I saw. It should be accurate. Spoiler 2 has info that I THINK is relevant if memory serves but because I doubt my memory, could be useless. Focus on spoiler 1 is spoiler 2 throws you off. Thanks!

• Aaaah, are you saying you went to a con, but forgot the name of the show? What was the con?

BTW it is possible it isn't a Funimation product either…

In either case, I don't recognize the series; alas probably something hasn't been released yet, or me too /epicfail to watch it is so...

• Could it be Saikano (also known as She, The Ultimate Weapon)?

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encyclopedia/anime.php?id=914

• Unfortunately, now that I think about it, linking random anime series probably won't help unless they are able to watch it; or unless they can remember what the characters looked like. Simply reading a description for a show they have no idea what the name is a hit/miss.

A better strategy, would rather to figure out where they were when they did it. Anime Cons generally have a schedule, and if you can remember what room you were at what time, you can look up the info that way.

Either case, we (the internet) shall get to the bottom of this… alas for me back to watching more LAST EXILE.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Could it be Saikano (also known as She, The Ultimate Weapon)?

That's exactly what it sounds like.

@thegrandalliance:

linking random anime series probably won't help unless they are able to watch it; or unless they can remember what the characters looked like.

http://www.theanimenetwork.com/Watch-Anime/She-The-Ultimate-Weapon

• @TIL:

That's exactly what it sounds like.

I have to admit, that is very compelling picture there. Although I guess it is still possible it could be something else; nonetheless nice work ye 2.

Me too "noobish" to know such stuff of course, so pew pew :)

• @thegrandalliance:

Aaaah, are you saying you went to a con, but forgot the name of the show? What was the con?

BTW it is possible it isn't a Funimation product either…

In either case, I don't recognize the series; alas probably something hasn't been released yet, or me too /epicfail to watch it is so...

Tbh I have no idea who produced it. If it were just seeing a show it wouldn't have been so difficult, it was an AMV revolving around 1 particular anime. Not every amv had a credits afterwards displaying the necessary info.

@thegrandalliance:

I have to admit, that is very compelling picture there. Although I guess it is still possible it could be something else; nonetheless nice work ye 2.

Me too "noobish" to know such stuff of course, so pew pew :)

I think you guys are spot on, the cover art is recognizable instantly. So I appreciate your help considering the vague sliver of info I rehashed from memory lol. You guys rock, I'm gonna go cry while watching this now :D