Episode 21?

• Is it just me, or is a different voice actor doing the voice of Mitsuhide? It doesn't sound like Ian Sinclair to me.

• Yes, Jason Liebrecht is filling in for Ian for the time being for reasons that are as of yet unknown. Ian will be back for the home release, though.

The same thing happened in Sky Wizards Academy a few months back when Megan Shipman had to leave the project for personal reasons and was temporarily replaced with Monica Rial.

• I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy - once the dub is redone with Ian Sinclair, will FUNIMATION put it online? Not to disparage the other actor, but you know how you can get attached to the characters and voice actors.

• @SaccheriRules:

I'm glad to know I'm not going crazy - once the dub is redone with Ian Sinclair, will FUNIMATION put it online? Not to disparage the other actor, but you know how you can get attached to the characters and voice actors.

I'm sure they will eventually, but it might not be until closer to the home video release.

• Yeah the voice just does not fit.

• I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH YOU. It's just weird…

• Director Cris George acknowledges that Ian Sinclair will be returning for next week's episode:

https://twitter.com/ChubsGeorge/status/717405251104411648

@@ChubsGeorge:

So you noticed @iantweeting wasn't in this weeks Snow White? Don't worry! He'll be back next week! Thanks to @ElCidRecords for standing in!

• Well I'm glad that Ian is okay! I got super worried! I love Jason but while I was watching the episode I was also doing some school work and wasn't looking at the screen when Mitsuhide started to talk at the dinner table….. For a moment I thought Yato had appeared or something xD

But yeah... glad that Ian will be back next week. :) I guess this is one of the thumbs down part of broadcast dubbing; the actors do have lives outside of work and when something happens.... well you still have to go on with the show. :)

• So this is not going to be a situation like DxD?

• @joshelplex:

So this is not going to be a situation like DxD?

No, DxD was a different situation entirely. Scott Freeman had to be recast because he got in trouble with the law.

Cris George made it clear that this is only a one episode thing. Ian will be back next week.

• So glad to hear the explanation. I love Jason Liebrecht's voice after watching Noragami, but you do get used to a certain voice for each character.

• I'm so glad that it's not just me! I like Jason Liebrecht, but his voice just doesn't suit Mitsuhide.

Thank you for letting us know. I'm so glad that Ian Sinclair will be back next week! He's one of my all time favourite voice actors.

EDIT: Please don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• Once again, the broadcast dub curse rears it's ugly head; Eric Vale had to be temporarily replaced as Izana for episode 22. Director Cris George himself is sitting in for him, but he states that Eric will be back for episode 23.

• Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to rush out a dub in advance of a broadcast dub

Good thing Fairy Tail ended last season, I can't even imagine how many stand-ins there would be week-to-week with how many characters pop in and out of the story

• @Riles:

Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to rush out a dub in advance of a broadcast dub

May I remind you that this isn't typical; before this there was only the one similar situation with Sky Wizards. All other broadcast dubs have gone off without a hitch.

• Sky Wizards wasn't the first. Someone had to fill in for Bridget Hoffman for an ep when Nagato Yuki was getting dubbed

@SpacemanHardy:

Once again, the broadcast dub curse rears it's ugly head; Eric Vale had to be temporarily replaced as Izana for episode 22. Director Cris George himself is sitting in for him, but he states that Eric will be back for episode 23.

well that's a relief. I haven't been watching Snow White's dub, but I did pull the ep up yesterday to check something, and it got really confusing when Izana talked. "The hell happened to you Eric" was the first thing that ran through my mind

• So,this makes me curious. By any chance when this show finally hits the retail store shelves, will they offer this broadcast dub version as a special feature? Because it would be a really cool thing to have just to compare and contrast the actual dub and the broadcast dub.

• Psycho Pass 2's release didn't have anything like that, so I'd say no

• @Getchman:

Sky Wizards wasn't the first. Someone had to fill in for Bridget Hoffman for an ep when Nagato Yuki was getting dubbed

Evidently episode 10 of Grimgar also replaces Ranta's VA with Clifford Chapin, so I think that now makes it five instances of characters having a mid-season voice change in broadcast dubs

• To be fair though, the voices will be changed back for the dvd/bluray release.