Link to streamed shows Home page

• The way things are now on the website, if you go to stream and then click on shows to browse the available shows, there are links under the thumbnail and show title that say watch, buy, and queue. Clicking on a show's thumbnail or name also opens up an episode to watch, just like the watch link.

I think that clicking on the thumbnail or the show's name should bring you to that show's home page as there is already a link for watch. As things are now, if you just want to go to a show's home page for more information about it, you first have to open an episode and then use the link at the bottom of that page to get to the show's home page. I think this is totally unnecessary.

I don't know if anyone else finds this annoying, or if I'm just nitpicking, but I thought I'd throw the idea out there.

I couldn't find any other posting for this. Hopefully I didn't overlook one.

• Well, for some reason I have problems with the show's page: It fails to load any details. Appears to be an Internet Explorer problem alas not certain.

• I'm using Firefox and details load fine for me. Must be Internet Explorer, or maybe an internet connection problem.

• Its IE. My Internet speeds top notch. It has problem with the scripting. Could be some of my settings I have, alas I was not able to fix it in either case.

I have the same problem with the new lolesports.com website, also now unusable. I guess if I went to Windows 10; all me problems be solved, alas I will NEVER SURRENDER ME WINDOWS 8.0! :)

• @liquidhand:

I think that clicking on the thumbnail or the show's name should bring you to that show's home page as there is already a link for watch. As things are now, if you just want to go to a show's home page for more information about it, you first have to open an episode and then use the link at the bottom of that page to get to the show's home page. I think this is totally unnecessary.

It actually used to do this. Then people didn't know how to find the videos. For a quicker way to get to any show site home tab, go to www.funimation.com and use the scrolling list on the right.
    @thegrandalliance:

Well, for some reason I have problems with the show's page: It fails to load any details. Appears to be an Internet Explorer problem alas not certain.

It's a bug with Windows 10 and 11. The issue doesn't occur in Edge. The issue will be resolved when we launch the updated site. FWIW, if you click on any of the links on the /shows page, you'll be taken to a video player page which is not affected by this issue. Then you can use the playlist navigator in the video player to get to other episodes.

• @Sophie:

For a quicker way to get to any show site home tab, go to www.funimation.com and use the scrolling list on the right.

That scrolling list isn't all that useful when you're looking for a show that you might like because all you get to see is the show's name. There's no thumbnail pic and you don't get that window popup that gives a brief description of the show.

@Sophie:

It actually used to do this. Then people didn't know how to find the videos.

A possible compromise would be to have the thumbnail and show name bring you to the video tab of that show's page. That way the videos are easily found, and it's only a simple tab change to get to the shows full description.

For people like me it would save quite a bit of time when you're searching through dozens of shows, trying to find something that you haven't watched before that might be interesting.

• @Sophie:

It's a bug with Windows 10 and 11. The issue doesn't occur in Edge. The issue will be resolved when we launch the updated site. FWIW, if you click on any of the links on the /shows page, you'll be taken to a video player page which is not affected by this issue. Then you can use the playlist navigator in the video player to get to other episodes.

*Internet Explorer 10/11 yes.

However, none of the links are you talking about work. Such as "Home, About, Video, Reviews". It simply goes back to the page. For whatever reason, the show specific information doesn't load.

For example If you go to a show page (lets say Dagashi Kashi) which uses the URL path:

http://www.funimation.com/shows/dagashi-kashi/videos/episodes

It loads a page:
    http://www.funimation.com/home/about/home

Which has no show-specific info in the url. The tabs that you can choose from

http://www.funimation.com/home/about/home#subsection_about
    http://www.funimation.com/home/about/home#subsection_videos
    http://www.funimation.com/home/about/home#subsection_reviews

…are also generic and circle back. The problem with the website design is that for some reason the URL that the show page links to sends back to a generic page instead. What should be a straightforward error, yet fixed it is so.

Alas, hopefully the new site will work.

BTW, Edge only works on Windows 10. So for the peoples of the Internet who /refusetolose of course, well we are stuck for now (if we use IE at least).

• No, I'm talking about the video player page URLs, not the show site URLs. You have to go to a video player page. Any part of a show site will not load in IE 10 or 11, except for video player pages. Video player pages don't have the show site issue when using Internet Explorer.

URLs on the Shows landing are formatted like this: http://www.funimation.com/shows/dagashi-kashi/watch

That URL will redirect you to the video player page of the video that you should watch next. If you've never watched the show, it will redirect you to episode 1: http://www.funimation.com/shows/dagashi-kashi/videos/official/umai-bou-fries-and–milk-coffee-candies-young-donuts-and

The new site doesn't do great in IE10 or 11 right now, but we've reported that to the developers.

@liquidhand:

A possible compromise would be to have the thumbnail and show name bring you to the video tab of that show's page. That way the videos are easily found, and it's only a simple tab change to get to the shows full description.

It used to do this. People STILL couldn't find the videos. The new site is more like what you are wanting, so hopefully people will be able to find them more easily.

• @Sophie:

It used to do this. People STILL couldn't find the videos.

People couldn't fiqure out how to watch a video while on the video tab?! That's insane.

It's good to hear that the new site should be more to my liking.
    Thanks for your time and responses.

• @Sophie:

No, I'm talking about the video player page URLs, not the show site URLs. The new site doesn't do great in IE10 or 11 right now, but we've reported that to the developers.

Ahhh, we are talking past each other I think. Yes, of course the video page (the only one that matters) loads just fine; I watch them all the time. I was only referring regarding how the show infomation site doesn't load, so I basically have to defer to Wikipedia for anything.

Hopefully the videos still work on the new site… otherwise me be reaaaaal not happy :)

• Ohhh ok. I gotcha now. Thanks. ^_^