Will Funi ever recast Kid Goku in the English dub?

• I'm just curious. Pretty sure Nadolny will never come back but would Goten's VA work?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread.

• Unless Goku gets turned back into a kid sometime during Dragon Ball Super (if and when that ever gets dubbed), I highly doubt it.

Also, I'm gonna go ahead and move this over to the Dragon Ball Universe thread, just to make it easier to organize.

• well I was also thinking for Future video games and stuff like that as well.

• @SirJoe:

well I was also thinking for Future video games and stuff like that as well.

Oh, well, not sure. I know Colleen certainly has her detractors, but for the most part she pretty much seems to be the standard choice for both Kid Goku & Gohan at this point.

(yes yes, gohan6425, we all know how you feel; no need to remind us -_-)

• @SirJoe:

I'm just curious. Pretty sure Nadolny will never come back but would Goten's VA work?

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this thread.

First of all Nadolny voices Kid and Teen Gohan not Goten's… Nadolny play Gohan and Kid Goku NOT Goten's... Goten's was play by the voice actor who played Vadel... Also SADLLY no Nadolny was FIRE by Sabat... In the new video game DBX the Kid GT Goku was voices by Colleen yes I know SHE SUCK! Also one of the new Dragonball Movie that just got English Dub 2 years ago Kid Goku was voices by Colleen this movies was NEVER dub b/c Funimation NEVER got rights to it until like 2 years ago...

@SpacemanHardy:

Oh, well, not sure. I know Colleen certainly has her detractors, but for the most part she pretty much seems to be the standard choice for both Kid Goku & Gohan at this point.

(yes yes, gohan6425, we all know how you feel; no need to remind us -_-)

I glad you notices! :)

• sigh

Gohan, when I say that there's "no need to remind us", I honestly mean THERE IS NO NEED TO REMIND US.

Meaning please don't bring the subject up again. Okay? -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

sigh

Gohan, when I say that there's "no need to remind us", I honestly mean THERE IS NO NEED TO REMIND US.

Meaning please don't bring the subject up again. Okay? -_-

Oh but I will:

Ahem COLLEEN IS redacted

/rant.

:p

• @gohan6425:

First of all Nadolny voices Kid and Teen Gohan not Goten's… Nadolny play Gohan and Kid Goku NOT Goten's... Goten's was play by the voice actor who played Vadel...

I'm well aware who voices goten and 90's gohan, Since Nadolny is likely to never ever return I was thinking just putting Gotens voice on Kid Goku would be a better alternative than Colleen.

In the new video game DBX the Kid GT Goku was voices by Colleen yes I know SHE SUCK!

i don't think i'd go that far yeah it wasn't good. imo i don't like it, I just feel the voice doesn't match the character.

• @SirJoe:

I'm well aware who voices goten and 90's gohan, Since Nadolny is likely to never ever return I was thinking just putting Gotens voice on Kid Goku would be a better alternative than Colleen.

i don't think i'd go that far yeah it wasn't good. imo i don't like it, I just feel the voice doesn't match the character.

I agree Goten would be better then SHITER Colleen as Kid Goku… I just GLAD Sean Still Adult Goku I think would lose it...

• @SirJoe:

You see, people? This right here is the proper way to post criticism. SirJoe is able to state his dislike of Miss Clinkenbeard's performance without coming across as rude or abrasive. Very well done. :)

@gohan6425:

I agree Goten would be better then SHITER Colleen as Kid Goku…

This is not. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

You see, people? This right here is the proper way to post criticism. SirJoe is able to state his dislike of Miss Clinkenbeard's performance without coming across as rude or abrasive. Very well done. :)

This is not. -_-

He's not going to learn, so what's the point of even pointing it out ;P

• @Anthony:

He's not going to learn, so what's the point of even pointing it out

I will admit it does provide a certain level of amusement.

• @priestesstyrande:

I will admit it does provide a certain level of amusement.

That is indeed true, I started to laugh when I read SpacemanHardy's post

• I recently saw one of the Dragon Ball movies (Forgot which one) in which Colleen was cast to play Goku. And in my opinion, I think she did a better job on Goku than she did with Gohan. I'm not sure why I enjoy it more, it might be the character's personality.

I just prefer Goku over Gohan when it comes down to Mrs. Clinkenbeard.

• Since I hadn't watched DBZ in a long time before watching Kai, I actually didn't notice that the va for gohan had changed. Then when I went back and watched DBZ I noticed the difference, and now I don't have a problem with either va as gohan. Then I watched gt with Stephanie Nadolny voicing kid goku and about a year or so later I played xenoverse with Colleen Clinkenbeard voicing kid goku. This change really threw me off and I didn't like it at all. It's odd that Colleen taking over as gohan doesn't bother me but hearing her take over kid goku from the same va does bother me. And Kara Edwards voicing kid goku would be terrible imo. Goten's personality and Kara's voice match well but I don't think she'd be a good fit for goku.

• @smitty372:

Since I hadn't watched DBZ in a long time before watching Kai, I actually didn't notice that the va for gohan had changed. Then when I went back and watched DBZ I noticed the difference, and now I don't have a problem with either va as gohan. Then I watched gt with Stephanie Nadolny voicing kid goku and about a year or so later I played xenoverse with Colleen Clinkenbeard voicing kid goku. This change really threw me off and I didn't like it at all. It's odd that Colleen taking over as gohan doesn't bother me but hearing her take over kid goku from the same va does bother me. And Kara Edwards voicing kid goku would be terrible imo. Goten's personality and Kara's voice match well but I don't think she'd be a good fit for goku.

I feel like Colleen did a better Dragon Ball Goku than a GT Goku. Probably because DB Goku is, in a way a more light-hearted Luffy. ^-^

• @gamergoku Wrong just wrong... Nadolny is the best Kid Goku...

• @gohan6425 Gohan, look up earlier in the thread at what I said to you 10 months ago.

People are allowed to like things that you don't. That's why they're called "opinions." It doesn't make them objectively wrong or right. And you're just going to have to accept that.

Deal with it.

• @gohan6425 Did I say Colleen was a better Goku than Nadoly? No, I said Colleen did a better job portraying Goku from the original Dragon Ball than Goku from Dragon Ball GT (And Gohan from DBZ Kai). Stephanie Nadoly was a great kid Goku, no one can ever take her place.

@gohan6425 said in Will Funi ever recast Kid Goku in the English dub?:

@gamergoku Wrong just wrong...

Don't make me post a Toranpu meme.

(Sorry for necroing this thread, by the way. I kinda wanted to get my point across.)

• @gamergoku said in Will Funi ever recast Kid Goku in the English dub?:

(Sorry for necroing this thread, by the way. I kinda wanted to get my point across.)

I've been trying to get my points across for months my friend. You're not gonna get anywhere whether you gotta necro a thread or not.

• @gamergoku @classyspartan LMFAO! Colleen DOES NOT DO A BETTER JOB than Nabdoly not even freakin close! He Goku/Gohan make my ear drama check out after how high her damn voice is...