The Lost Village

• Has anyone else had the chance to watch the first episode of The Lost Village? I am dying to talk about it lol

• It seems like it should be entertaining at the very least. The premise has some promise, but the sheer number of characters will make it hard to care about most of them when they eventually start dying off. And I wasn't exactly big on Another and this is the same director from what I'm reading.

Mistumune claims that he really does want to start over but he brings his cell phone with him? And he leaves it on? Okay.

I would hope Bus Driver doesn't get caught up in their mess any more than he already is, but he'll probably be one of the first to go.

• @Firefly:

It seems like it should be entertaining at the very least. The premise has some promise, but the sheer number of characters will make it hard to care about most of them when they eventually start dying off. And I wasn't exactly big on Another and this is the same director from what I'm reading.

Mistumune claims that he really does want to start over but he brings his cell phone with him? And he leaves it on? Okay.

I would hope Bus Driver doesn't get caught up in their mess any more than he already is, but he'll probably be one of the first to go.

yeah there were a ridiculous amount of characters. Hard to keep them all straight. About halfway through their introductions I realized they were all crazy too lol but yeah bus driver should have left a long time ago.

Perhaps Mistumune is lying? I'm not sure about that one.

I agree with you, i think it has some good potential. The tone of the show is pretty dark. I'll give it another try. On a side note, what didn't you like about Another? I had been considering watching that one.

• I watched the OP and it told me literally nothing about the show

• @nubguy:

On a side note, what didn't you like about Another?

I would compare Another to Final Destination. Annoying characters that exist to die ridiculous over-the-top deaths at random. It also thinks dolls are super creepy.

@nubguy:

Perhaps Mistumune is lying? I'm not sure about that one

Maybe. But he was talking with the guy that appears to be a friend of his, one who supposedly doesn't buy into the whole situation. I don't see a real reason for him to lie there.

• Questions 1) What is The Lost Village about 2) Is it dubbed

• @Anthony:

Questions 1) What is The Lost Village about 2) Is it dubbed

1. at this point all that's happened is a bus-full of people have introduced themselves and they've announced that they're on a trip to some mystery village where apparently they'll be able to start a new life in a utopia. Bad Things are inevitably going to befall the group as they uncover the mysteries behind the village.

2. Nope, and won't be for quite a while. PonyCan USA has it's eye on the show so I wouldn't consider a dub likely if they do get it.

• I'll check it out, thanks

• Well episode two was just as forced as the first, though more stuff actually happened. The tension is weak, a number of the characters are highly abrasive (likely on purpose), and the "cliffhanger" at the end of the episode is setting up a scenario that leaves a very sour taste in my mouth, though I'm fairly certain whatever's running around out there will kill the guy before anything actually happens…. The main character is really annoying, especially with how he says all of his "inner" monologues out loud.

I am curious as to what the bus driver saw that made him change his mind, but there also exists the possibility that he's an imposter.

I hope that whatever is happening proves interesting (monster, curse, people gone cannibal like ep 1 suggested?), because that's what is drawing my interest.

• Yes, I agree on all of your points. It did seem forced. I just hope the "cliffhanger" is probably what the rest of the show is gonna be like. I really hated that out-loud narration stuff as well. Nobody could ever hear it for some reason too. All in all, the characters just don't interest me that much yet.

The part with the bus driver was probably the most interesting part. He clearly saw something that either scared him or made him want to stay. I don't think he is in on it though, but I could be wrong.

Yes, I do too. If they pull a "Lost" on us, I'm going to be upset lol I hope next week is better

• Hey nub, BTW you are falling behind on your "Dagashi Kashi Snack Buying Guide" posts of course :)

• @thegrandalliance:

Hey nub, BTW you are falling behind on your "Dagashi Kashi Snack Buying Guide" posts of course :)

haha yes you're right! I will have it up soon, I swear :) Gotta keep my readers' dagashi cravings fulfilled, right?

• Damn, this show is getting good! This has to be one of my favorites this season. I am really enjoying everything about this show. It is full of suspense and continues to keep me guessing. Not to mention a really great soundtrack.