Ace Attorney

• I just watched the first episode of Ace Attorney and it was really good! It had a nice blend of humor and intrigue, and really reminded me a lot of the games. If you are a fan of the games, then you will really like this. In fact, if I am not mistaken, I think it's based on the first game. You should check it out! The characters are spot on.

Another reason I like it is that I am involved in law work (I am a clerical assistant at a law office), so it was really cool to see a courtroom anime! It was a lot of fun seeing the different aspects of the trial. It's definitely an interesting process.

• Checked out the first episode just to satisfy curiosity and see what Yuki Kaji sounds like as Nick.

I've played the first game (still working on the second), and this first episode was very faithful to the tutorial case there. That can be both good and bad. Here I think it's somewhat bad. Phoenix making goofy mistakes works in the game because the player is in control. Not so much here. And I understand rushing through this first case since it's not the greatest, but there was no breathing room at all as a result.

Yuki Kaji does fit the role of Phoenix much better than I expected, I'll admit. He's a competent actor but I'm personally not a fan of his and there's still enough disconnect from what I expected Nick to sound like and what I hear that it's kind of distracting.

The visuals though… A-1, you feeling okay? This show does not look good.

I don't really feel like watching much more if it's just going to be the game one-to-one. If you like what you see in the anime then do give the game a shot if you haven't.

• @Firefly:

The visuals though… A-1, you feeling okay? This show does not look good.

And now you know what any non-SAO show from A-1 looks like. Ultimate Otaku Teacher was bad too. And lest we not forget Fairy Tail and its' budget consisting of shoestrings & lint.

• @SpacemanHardy:

And now you know what any non-SAO show from A-1 looks like. Ultimate Otaku Teacher was bad too. And lest we not forget Fairy Tail and its' budget consisting of shoestrings & lint.

I'm pretty sure they have two completely separate divisions at this point that they don't bother distinguishing, unlike Pierrot and Pierrot+

For every Erased there's a Perfect Insider. For every SaeKano there's an Oreshura. For every Working! there's a Servant x Service. For every Fairy Tail there's a Fairy Tail (2014), although for this one I think I tend to credit Satelight's dismissal and Bridge's inclusion rather than anything A-1 did

• @Riles:

For every Fairy Tail there's a Fairy Tail (2014), although for this one I think I tend to credit Satelight's dismissal and Bridge's inclusion rather than anything A-1 did

I'm not that far into Fairy Tail (episode 15) and I'm caught up on Fairy Tail Zero. So I'm not too familiar with everything yet. So, is the second series not as good then?

• @nubguy:

I'm not the far into Fairy Tail (episode 15) and I'm caught up on Fairy Tail Zero. So I'm not too familiar with everything yet. So, is the second series not as good then?

I think their referring to the visuals, not the story ?
    second season is as good as the first :)

• @mike:

I think their referring to the visuals, not the story ?
    second season is as good as the first :)

Awesome! Fairy Tail has turned out to be one of my favorite shows, so I'm glad it's still going strong! Now that it's gone on hiatus again I have some time to catch up. Lol

• Are you watching it dubbed and going to switch to subbed when there are no more dubs available; or are you going to watch it dub and wait for more dub to come out; or are you watching it subbed.

(Hopefully my question makes sense)

• I am watching it dubbed right now and plan on waiting once I'm all caught up. The English voice actors are awesome! Right now I am at the part where they are going up against the Phantom Lord Guild. Do you watch sub or dub?

Also, do you have a favorite character or characters?

• I remember that part, gives me chills =^_^= (good ones :)). I watch it dub, and I'm waiting for the new episodes June 7th.
    If I had to pick a favourite character(s), I would say Lucy. She has so much potential but… (I won't spoil it for you). Then it would have to be Natsu, Erza and Gray, my top 4 if you want to call it that.

• lol I can see why! It is so intense! :D Nice, the dub is really good. Not too much longer to wait for the new episodes.

Interesting choice. I really like Lucy too. Now I really want to know what you mean lol I need to catch up.
    Good choices. My top 4 would be Natsu, Gray, Elfman, and Loke. Although, it's pretty hard to narrow it down when all of the characters are amazing.

• March 22nd seemed so far away compared to June 7th, also since Fairy tail is on hiatus it will give Funimantion a chance to get closer to the last episode (last one for now, not including Fairy tail Zero).
    Once you catch up let me know what you think about Lucy, she's one interesting character but I feel (idk if it's really a spoiler, but I don't want to say anything).
    As for the characters I would say I'm sticking with my top 4 from before, but if I had to pick a different top 3 it would be; Mirajane, Aquarius and Makarov. I can't really choose because they are all awesome, so I guess it would be that.

• The opening for Ace Attorney, though.
    So perfect.

This is what I love about this series, though. It's just the right level of self-aware/not taking itself too seriously. It's like Kindaichi Case Files, except more willing to laugh at itself. Which I like.

I am so excited for Aoi Yuuki as Maya, though. Because she played my favorite red-haired hikikomori mecha pilot. And she's adorable.

But yes, this show is for superfans who just fall out over anything with these characters on it. Pretty standard for video game adaptations. It's soooo cute though.

… also Yuki Kaji is perfect. ... he played my favorite red-haired psycho mecha pilot. ^_^;

• @Anthony:

March 22nd seemed so far away compared to June 7th, also since Fairy tail is on hiatus it will give Funimantion a chance to get closer to the last episode (last one for now, not including Fairy tail Zero).
    Once you catch up let me know what you think about Lucy, she's one interesting character but I feel (idk if it's really a spoiler, but I don't want to say anything).
    As for the characters I would say I'm sticking with my top 4 from before, but if I had to pick a different top 3 it would be; Mirajane, Aquarius and Makarov. I can't really choose because they are all awesome, so I guess it would be that.

Yeah that'll be cool! Then you won't be so far behind when the third series starts. I'll definitely let you know what I think of her :) I have a ways to go though lol
    How are you liking Fairy Tail zero? I have been watching the broadcast dub of Zero.

• @nubguy:

Yeah that'll be cool! Then you won't be so far behind when the third series starts. I'll definitely let you know what I think of her :) I have a ways to go though lol
    How are you liking Fairy Tail zero? I have been watching the broadcast dub of Zero.

I'm waiting until all the dub episodes are out.

• @Anthony:

I'm waiting until all the dub episodes are out.

Oh okay. That makes sense. Do you follow any of the broadcast dubs or do you usually prefer to wait until a whole season is released?

• @nubguy:

Oh okay. That makes sense. Do you follow any of the broadcast dubs or do you usually prefer to wait until a whole season is released?

I watch Heavy Object every time a new episode comes out. Also I was watching Assassination Classroom, but I haven't gotten around to catching up.

• @Anthony:

I watch Heavy Object every time a new episode comes out. Also I was watching Assassination Classroom, but I haven't gotten around to catching up.

Heavy Object is awesome! I watch assassination classroom as well. Have you ever watched Dubbletalk?

• @nubguy:

Heavy Object is awesome! I watch assassination classroom as well. Have you ever watched Dubbletalk?

Heavy Object is awesome, sad that there's not many eps left (Broadcast Dub). I've heard of it but I don't watch it, what is it about?

• @Anthony:

I've heard of it but I don't watch it, what is it about?

an octopus destroyed 3/4 of the moon and will destroy the Earth in a year unless a class of 9th grade kids he has decided to teach can assassinate him before the year is up

• @Getchman:

an octopus destroyed 3/4 of the moon and will destroy the Earth in a year unless a class of 9th grade kids he has decided to teach can assassinate him before the year is up

I've watched Assassination Classroom lol, I was talking about Dubbletalk.