Is Funimation losing licensing rights for Samurai Champloo?

• I just got a notification from Netflix this morning that Samurai Champloo will be taken off of Netflix on May 1. I was wondering if maybe this means that the license is expiring similar to what happened to FMAB. Given that Manglobe Studio recently went bankrupt, is this a possibility? Or is it just Netflix being weird?

• …......Netflix is kind of different from actual streaming rights.

Specifically that, shows on Netflix have a predetermined amount of time that they will be on the service for until a certain point. Samurai Champloo has been on Netflix streaming for a few years so it comes as no real shocker that the deal Netflix had in place would end eventually especially now that it's been airing on Toonami.

Don't sweat it. Unless Funimation explicitly comes out and says it, Samurai Champloo is still safe on their streaming site, Hulu, and of course in retail DVD/BD release.

• @classyspartan:

…......Netflix is kind of different from actual streaming rights.

Specifically that, shows on Netflix have a predetermined amount of time that they will be on the service for until a certain point. Samurai Champloo has been on Netflix streaming for a few years so it comes as no real shocker that the deal Netflix had in place would end eventually especially now that it's been airing on Toonami.

Don't sweat it. Unless Funimation explicitly comes out and says it, Samurai Champloo is still safe on their streaming site, Hulu, and of course in retail DVD/BD release.

Thanks, I was hoping that was the case. Good to know. I was kind of worried they were going to pull a "Darker Than Black" on us again.