They should at least dub one of the movies.

• So they're not going to dub any more of the show. But there are a bunch of movies out there, waiting to be dubbed! Wouldn't that be great?

• While I'm a big Shin-Chan fan and would certainly welcome it, I'm afraid at this point the odds of them dubbing any more of the franchise - be it TV or film - is pretty much nonexistent.

It's been lumped in with Case Closed, I'm afraid. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

I'm afraid at this point the odds of them dubbing any more of the franchise - be it TV or film - is pretty much nonexistent.

Well, you are a moderator, so I shouldn't doubt you.. but it can't be that expensive to just dub 80 minutes of content, right? Right?!!?

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's been lumped in with Case Closed, I'm afraid.

My….MY HEART WHY CASE CLOSED WHY!?!

That being said, it can be more expensive than you think.

They need to write the script (In a way that dialogue will match lip flaps) record the lines, edit everything, and possibly repeat some of these steps as something gets messed up/doesnt work.

In the end they have paid:

For the license
    Translators/scriptwriters
    Voice Actors
    Editors
    and...Anything else that they might need to pay for, I don't know I am not an expert!!!

All of that can add up quickly. If something isn't popular enough for them to make back the investment put into it...They wont do it. Case in point: C...C...C...CASE CLOSED Sobs

(This is all guess work, please feel free to correct me on anything)

• So, uh, anime Kickstarters are a thing now.

So, uh, Funi, just.. calculate the cost of a potential Shin-Chan movie dub.. and then maybe..

• @tumblingdown said in They should at least dub one of the movies.:

So, uh, anime Kickstarters are a thing now.

So, uh, Funi, just.. calculate the cost of a potential Shin-Chan movie dub.. and then maybe..

Nope, FUNi would need to license a movie first before it can go to Kickstarter.