Dragon Ball Super English Dub From Funimation Licensed?? New Evidence… Rumor

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UreCIACb-OQ

Now before I said anything this video was made by a YouTube username "Geekdom101" who is VERY big on YouTube and is knowledgeable when it come to Dragonball Z and getting sources… HOWEVER he does point this is just "speculation"! So this is NOT a confirmation but it could be a reading in between the lines so to speak... So watch the video and let me know what you guys thing? Could this be a SIGN or is it more smoke in mirrors?

• I watched the video. I doubt we'll even hear about DB Super when Otakon comes around in August. We may hear about Dragon Ball Z Kai Final Chapters at Otakon, but I think Toei's holding out for a TV deal here in the US on DB Super.

• @AbZeroNow:

I watched the video. I doubt we'll even hear about DB Super when Otakon comes around in August. We may hear about Dragon Ball Z Kai Final Chapters at Otakon, but I think Toei's holding out for a TV deal here in the US on DB Super.

That what ONE of the rumor are right now… But as he show Funimation Facebook Page is asking you what is you favorites U6 guy which is in case that "may" have got the rights to DBS now...

• @AbZeroNow:

I watched the video. I doubt we'll even hear about DB Super when Otakon comes around in August. We may hear about Dragon Ball Z Kai Final Chapters at Otakon, but I think Toei's holding out for a TV deal here in the US on DB Super.

Well, if we hear about it at Otakon, you can forget ever hearing another word about it, let alone seeing a release before we enter another Ice Age.

• @dougswisher:

Well, if we hear about it at Otakon, you can forget ever hearing another word about it, let alone seeing a release before we enter another Ice Age.

Escaflowne is being released this year, which last time I checked is before another Ice Age. That was announced at Otakon in 2013 [yes, Sunrise is as slow as glacier but I disgress].

• Hey look an example that "difficult companies" aren't so difficult when all the production costs are being upfronted by the customers and NOT by Funimation. Let me guess, you forgot Escaflowne was only going to be a thing if the Kickstarter was successful?

Funny how other peoples' money can make the production process sail right along. February to November is pretty damn slow, huh?

• Topics like these are so cringeworthy. Funimation hasn't licensed DB Super. It is very likely that DBZ Kai's Buu Saga hasn't been licensed either. Sean and Kyle (Goku and Adult Gohan, respectively) had stated at one point that they were recording for it, but that was years ago and it was later confirmed to be a mistake (they were only recording for a DBZ video game).

• @dougswisher:

Let me guess, you forgot Escaflowne was only going to be a thing if the Kickstarter was successful?

Are you not the forgetful one here?

From the campaign:

What happens if this Kickstarter does not meet its goal?
    As you already know, this Kickstarter is a mandate to gauge how much widespread demand exists for a new dub—it"s not just a fundraiser. If the project doesn"t meet its goal, Funimation will still create a release based on the materials we have access to. We still want to showcase the HD, but because the HD materials don"t match up with the current English dub, this will likely be a subtitled-only Blu-ray uncut version. A separate release of the original English dub on DVD may follow.

• @dougswisher:

Let me guess, you forgot Escaflowne was only going to be a thing if the Kickstarter was successful?

It's a Kickstarter to add a new dub to the release, independent of the release, which is (was) going to get released regardless of whether or not a new dub is (was) funded for it

Or did you forget?