My Hero Academia Launch Event (The Late Show with Dubbletalk Crew)

• If you haven't seen this on the news page yet, go check it out! Dubbletalk is doing a live, late-night count down to My Hero Academia on Sunday at 1 am et (10pm pt). Stay up late and hang out with Justin and Lauren and get ready for this epic show with the rest of the chat! I have to get up for work at 4:30 am, but f*ck it, it's gonna be awesome! Lol hope to see you all there!

Who else is excited about the launch event?

http://www.funimation.com/blog/2016/03/29/my-hero-academia-launch-event/

• …You're probably in the most optimal timezone to enjoy that kind of thing. Course I myself will still be awake because Toonami will be on then, but boy I'll have to tune in for commercials and stuff at least after Parasyte. I don't even think I'll have it in me to stay AWAKE that long. But it'll definitely be entertaining to talk and maybe even win things.

• @classyspartan:

…You're probably in the most optimal timezone to enjoy that kind of thing. Course I myself will still be awake because Toonami will be on then, but boy I'll have to tune in for commercials and stuff at least after Parasyte. I don't even think I'll have it in me to stay AWAKE that long. But it'll definitely be entertaining to talk and maybe even win things.

Lol you noticed that huh? I'm a lot better off than most in that regard. You on other hand are in for a long night lol hope you don't have class early the next day. As you said though it should be a lot of fun. Different from the usual Dubbletalk shows.

• It's honestly quite telling how on confident FUNi seem to be with MHA, what with all these character roll calls and the recent announcement of this countdown live stream they are expecting MHA to be BIG, and for their sake, with all this effort that is being put into it I hope it is. (Dimension W wasn't given this sort of treatment, and FUNi was on the production committee for)

• How long is this supposed to last? Have they announced the premiere time for the show yet? Seems weird that they announced the time for the countdown party before they announced the time of the actual show

• @Riles:

Have they announced the premiere time for the show yet?

If you get their newsletters and such, they sent out a message saying it would premiere April 3 at 5 AM ET. Kind of weird that this doesn't seem to be on their news page, actually, unless I'm just missing it.

• I'll probably wake up at 4:45am, if I can manage that, and watch the first episode. Then stay awake or go back to bed, not sure yet. Hopefully I'll wake up and not close my alarm, I'll probably have to set like 10 to be honest.

• I just wanted to clarify in case there was any confusion, the My Hero Academia Launch Event starts (Saturday night/Sunday morning - depends on time zone). Just don't get it confused for Sunday night.

Date: Sunday, April 3
    Dubbletalk start: 1 am est (10 pm pst)
    My Hero Academia start: 5 am est (2 am pst)

Hope this clears it up. Saturday is gonna be a long night lol it should be a lot of fun!

• One correction to make: 5AM EST (2AM PST)

• This post is deleted!

• So who thinks the Spring Simulcast lineup will be announced saturday night on Dubbletalk?

• @nubguy:

My Hero Academia start: 5 am est

Unfortunately that's when it starts for me : (

@nubguy:

So who thinks the Spring Simulcast lineup will be announced saturday night on Dubbletalk?

My guess would be yes, since they have been advertising it a lot. It would be a perfect time to announce.

• Head over to the news page for a list of the special guests that will be appearing on Late-Night Dubbletalk this weekend.

http://www.funimation.com/blog/

• For the record, if people care that is; I believe that "My Heroes Academia" is being massively, like EPIC overhyped. Some people may like that humor perhaps, but it is probably a fraction of what it is advertised.

They are doing it because, as classyspartan has reported, they don't have much broadcasts this spring: It is all they have. The reason I know they are overhyping it is because my inbox is filled with Funimation Spam on the matter.

…let us just say that I am not looking forward to it is so..

• I'll agree that they've gone a lot more overboard with promotion than I expected them to, but as someone who has read all 84 chapters of it so far, I can't deny that it's actually worth the hype. One of my favorite new series right now, and it's phenomenal. Is it overhyped maybe? Sure. But that doesn't make it bad by any stretch of the mile. Trust me, once we finally GET to watch the show, it'll actually be better.

• @classyspartan:

but as someone who has read all 84 chapters of it so far, I can't deny that it's actually worth the hype

Key point: Objects in the Mirror are Closer then they Appear.

How many books/manga of series come out that are epic only to be nuked into oblivion in Anime form? Alas, to use the classic Japanese Saying (pardon my Romanji):

Miru koto ga, shinjin koto desu.

-To See, Is to Believe.

• Funimation has 12 simulcasts for Spring, which is slightly less than recent seasons but not far off.

Considering that Shounen Jump is slotting MHA in as one of the new "big 3" to replace Naruto and that Bones is animating the anime; I think the level of hype makes sense. Additionally, as someone else who has read every chapter of MHA, I think it is incredibly good and warrants being given a chance.

• Don't forget that tonight is the launch event. I challenge you to stay up all 5 hours! Given all the guests they will have, it should be worth it.

• Me just wondering when I am gonna stop getting 2 emails/day on this series…

• @thegrandalliance:

Me just wondering when I am gonna stop getting 2 emails/day on this series…

I can certainly agree with you on that. I get it, they are excited for this title, I myself am excited for this title, but this onslaught of emails these past few days is a little ridiculous.

• LoL… that's what my inbox looks like...

"THE COST Of FREEDOM Is ALWAYS HIGH!!!"

…alas no matter. Me about to go shave me "Winter Beard" off (getting quite long; longer then hand-length) so me need to focus on not messing that up now...

Edit: Man I got a horrible (Panasonic) electric razor... took me like at least an hour to shave this thing off: It shaves "close" but not strong. So hard.... Well at least that is done now...