Dubbed anime that need redubs

• There are many anime that have gotten dubs, but some of those dubs are either poor quality, outdated, or even impossible to find nowadays. I felt like starting this topic to see the thoughts of some people on dubbed anime that deserve a newer fresher dub.

Just list the anime in question, the studio that provided the original dub for it, your reason for wanting a new dub for it, the studio you would like to see provide a new dub, and people you feel would be good to cast for the redub. As an example, I'll go first.

Anime: Kirby / Hoshi no Kirby / Kirby: Right Back At Ya!
    Originally dubbed by: 4Kids

Reason for redub: Now while I do hate 4Kids, that is not the reason for wanting a redub of this. in fact, I had found this to be one of their better dubs. I actually liked it. The reason I want a redub is because it has become practically impossible to find any episodes of the dub anywhere. while the Kirby Dream Collection contains three dubbed episodes, but as it's an anime with 100 episodes, that's pretty sad. Not saying that only three episodes can be found, but I would like to see the whole thing get a fresh coat of paint.

Who should redub: Funimation

Reason: Funimation had the rights to distribute the 4kids dub of the anime through DVD. While I can't say they would want to redub this, It would be cool to me if they did.

Potential actors: They could easily keep the lines for Kirby since he doesn't really speak much. I feel a good voice for Dedede could come from Chris Rager. Meanwhile, Sonny Strait could do good with Escargoon. Though I bet if Funimation were to dub it now, they would use the Japanese names for some characters. I'll also be honest. I would absolutely love to hear Christopher Sabat as the voice of Meta Knight. I feel the best voice for Nightmare (N.M.E) would have to be Mike McFarland, while his assistant could have the voice of Eric Vale.

Chances of this happening: Prolly not likely. I don't think Funimation is that interested in doing a redub of this anime, and even if they were, they would have to talk to Nintendo about it. They tend to have some strictness in who they work with.

• If it ever gets relicensed:

Record of Lodoss War OVA needs a new dub, due to the fact that A) It's not very good, imo, and B ) They changed voice actors on some of the characters throughout production. Just for Consistency and a better overall dub, and so they can have the ending that they cut to do the end credits on the last episode… (It's just a scene where Mycen Flys by Parn and Deedlit as they ride away, CPM looped the clean Background so they could do the end credits.))

• @Zerukin:

There are many anime that have gotten dubs, but some of those dubs are either poor quality, outdated, or even impossible to find nowadays. I felt like starting this topic to see the thoughts of some people on dubbed anime that deserve a newer fresher dub.

Just list the anime in question, the studio that provided the original dub for it, your reason for wanting a new dub for it, the studio you would like to see provide a new dub, and people you feel would be good to cast for the redub. As an example, I'll go first.

Reason for redub: Now while I do hate 4Kids, that is not the reason for wanting a redub of this. in fact, I had found this to be one of their better dubs. I actually liked it. The reason I want a redub is because it has become practically impossible to find any episodes of the dub anywhere. while the Kirby Dream Collection contains three dubbed episodes, but as it's an anime with 100 episodes, that's pretty sad. Not saying that only three episodes can be found, but I would like to see the whole thing get a fresh coat of paint.

Reason: Funimation had the rights to distribute the 4kids dub of the anime through DVD. While I can't say they would want to redub this, It would be cool to me if they did.

Potential actors: They could easily keep the lines for Kirby since he doesn't really speak much. I feel a good voice for Dedede could come from Chris Rager. Meanwhile, Sonny Strait could do good with Escargoon. Though I bet if Funimation were to dub it now, they would use the Japanese names for some characters. I'll also be honest. I would absolutely love to hear Christopher Sabat as the voice of Meta Knight. I feel the best voice for Nightmare (N.M.E) would have to be Mike McFarland, while his assistant could have the voice of Eric Vale.

Chances of this happening: Prolly not likely. I don't think Funimation is that interested in doing a redub of this anime, and even if they were, they would have to talk to Nintendo about it. They tend to have some strictness in who they work with.

I came into this thread thing you had more then 1 on this post… Please change title from "Dubbed anime that need redubs" to "Dubbed anime that need redub" it would had made a different... -_-

• @gohan6425:

I came into this thread thing you had more then 1 on this post… Please change title from "Dubbed anime that need redubs" to "Dubbed anime that need redub" it would had made a different... -_-

yes, he was attempting to start a conversion by listing an idea first then asking for opinions from other people. and he got one from Series5Ranger, which means there are now two different opinions in this thread, which means there is no need to change the title since two different shows means its now plural, matching the topic of this thread, and your idea would mean its singular. Hope you see my point here

• @Getchman:

yes, he was attempting to start a conversion by listing an idea first then asking for opinions from other people. and he got one from Series5Ranger, which means there are now two different opinions in this thread, which means there is no need to change the title since two different shows means its now plural, matching the topic of this thread, and your idea would mean its singular. Hope you see my point here

Indeed. I was hoping to see more than just mine and the one by Series5ranger. I'm sure there are plenty more dubbed anime that need redubs.

• I would throw Kashimashi: Girl Meets Girl out there, but honestly I was surprised Media Blasters bothered to give it a dub at all. Even if it took 4 years after the original subtitled only release. Wouldn't even recast it, they picked good voice actors, problem was the scripting and voice direction was what made it awful. I would give the sun, the stars, and the universe for no one to ever dub an anime with Arvintel Media Productions again.

• @Zerukin:

There are many anime that have gotten dubs, but some of those dubs are either poor quality, outdated, or even impossible to find nowadays. I felt like starting this topic to see the thoughts of some people on dubbed anime that deserve a newer fresher dub.

I put something out here now… What about The Family Zero? Well I would not said a re-dub... But to English Season 2-3 as that only dub the 1st damn season of the show... -_-

• I'll post another one.

Anime: Detective Conan/Case Closed
    Originally dubbed by: Funimation

Reason for redub: This was during the dark ages of Funimation. It's considered to be one of their less liked dubs due to the americanzation. Even Funimation expressed disinterest in continuing, and They've chosen not to continue. Now I don't know how willing they are to drop the liscense, but since they have clearly stated they don't intend to continue dubbing this show, it could be a moment of benefit.

Who should redub: Viz Media

Reason: Being the studio that holds the rights to the manga (like they do with Dragon Ball, One Piece, Tokyo Ghoul, Assassination Classroom, another manga with anime licences by funimation) I feel they could be the most likely since they tend to acquire the licence to manga based anime that funimation does't have when they own the manga (Naruto, Sailor Moon, Blue Exorcist, you know where this is going), so for them to acquire a license to an anime formerly owned by our buddies here would definitely be something to talk about.

Potential actors: I'll admit that I haven't actually watched the show myself so don't judge me on some of my choices. For our protagonist, Conan, I feel that Robbie Daymond could work for the adult portion, and for the kid portion… I dunno... I suppose Ran could be voiced by Cristina Vee.... I think I'll just leave this part at that. Hard to consider actors for an anime you don't know much about. in fact, I'm wondering how many will be calling me a hater for this one....

Chances of this happening: It really all depends on if Funimation is willing to drop their license for it. If they do, then it feels extremely likely that Viz would immediately pick it up. If not, then I doubt it will happen.

• @Zerukin:

It really all depends on if Funimation is willing to drop their license for it. If they do, then it feels extremely likely that Viz would immediately pick it up.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh….. I wouldn't count on that. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaahhhh….. I wouldn't count on that. :hmm:

No. huh? Still, I think they might. you never truly know.

• Some weren't satisfied with the Animax dub of Cardcaptor Sakura. I'm enjoying it so far, but that's me.

If I could only pick one part, just one part of the series that needs redubbing? It'd be the first film.

Why? Nelvana's dub, while visually uncut, changes the plot so much it can barely be called the same film. With the Animax dub of the series and Pioneer/Geneon and BangZoom's dub of the second film, this is the only one, that I'm aware of, anyways, that doesn't have a faithful dub. A redub would fix that.

Who do I think should handle the redub? Well, I wouldn't complain if it were Funimation, or BangZoom, or Viz Media. Sentai Filmworks is hit or miss with most people; I know I wouldn't complain, but many would, so I'm not sure.

Discotek holds the license, and while I think they're awesome, even I admit that it kinda puts a damper on the chances of a redubbed version. Ah well, it's not the end of the world.

• anime: Higurashi When They Cry
    original company: Geneon

At the time the American section of Geneon was having major issues and because of that the dub had some major problems and it is generally agreed to be a weaker one (despite having a great cast). And due to that the long term impact was none of the other seasons of the show have been dubbed.

Redubber: Sentai
    Sentai have the rights to the series. It seems unlikely to get a redub though due to the fact Sentai are selling the old one and releasing the second season sub only.
    My ideal cast would be:
    Keiichi-Josh Grelle
    Rena-Felecia Angelle
    Twins-Luci Christian
    Satoko-Brittany Karbowski
    Rika-Monica Rial