Juvia FT. Grey

• So like, I am feeling super bad for Juvia. Here is why, so out of every member, I truly think she has had the roughest go of it. Certainly emotionally speaking and since joining Fairy Tail, physically too. Tower of heaven she gets thrashed on, eventually overcomes it, but like she was destroyed. Then Evergreen freezes her then she sacrifices herself for Cana to attack. Then she gets turned into a lacrima. Then she is forced to compete in the S-Class promotion trial, against her will, ends up going against Erza who we all know can't hold back. She gets wrecked on there. Then she gets wrecked on by Meredy, who broke a few of her bones leaving her literally crawling, albeit creepily. Grand Magic Games, she gets wrecked on, later she comes out on top with the others but really, Grey gets the credit and she lives in his shadow. Grey honestly barely notices her and uses her when she is around, not out of care, but generally out of convenience. I could continue this list, but honestly, I think you are seeing where I am coming from. All this to really say, out of all the characters, Juvia is the only one to never win anything, or get any real reward or barely even get noticed. Juvia though, has self sacrificed more times than any other character. Is always there to help the guild and especially Grey. I truly think that Juvia should get Grey in the end because she has earned him over and over. She has suffered more humiliation, more sadness, more pain than anyone else in Fairy Tail.

Anyone else understand where I am coming from? Or have a counter-point? Please do share.

• Everyone got thrashed on in the Tower of Heaven. All of the females got frozen by Evergreen. Almost every member of the guild got pwned during the Laxus incident, so I don't really feel any more sorry for her just because she did it to herself. She was not unhappy about being in the S-Class trials, nor was she the only one there, nor the only one that felt some pain during that trial. I don't think that she broke any bones during the thing with Meredy, since she is made of water and all, not to mention I think that she probably got wailed on the least of anyone during that whole crisis. Lucy got wrecked worse than anyone during the Grand Magic Games, multiple times. And if Juvia keeps chasing around a dude that doesn't appreciate her, it is sort of her own fault for being stupid.

TLDR: Nah. I don't think that she has even remotely suffered more than anyone else in Fairy Tail, nor do I consider her to be underrated.

• @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Tower of heaven she gets thrashed on, eventually overcomes it, but like she was destroyed.

And the beating she laid on lucy while being played a puppet means nothing? Or how Erza was physically and emotionally scared?
    @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Then Evergreen freezes her then she sacrifices herself for Cana to attack.

EVERY GIRL who participated on the event was frozen by Evergreen, and she willing took the blow for Cana to show her honest feelings.
    @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Then she gets turned into a lacrima.

As did every other memebr who was in the guild hall just about.
    @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Then she is forced to compete in the S-Class promotion trial, against her will, ends up going against Erza who we all know can't hold back.

A test she was freely able to decline. She was only "upset" cause she couldn't be Grey's partner. And to fight someone in a test and expect them to hold back is ridicules. They are testing your abilities, not their compassion.

@THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Then she gets wrecked on by Meredy, who broke a few of her bones leaving her literally crawling, albeit creepily

This was eccentrically a life or death battle, you'd expect some heavy damage to be ensured. And given Juvia's abilities, while the physical pain was caused she didn't actually break any bones.

@THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Grand Magic Games, she gets wrecked on, later she comes out on top with the others but really, Grey gets the credit and she lives in his shadow

The "wrecked on" you speak of hardly compared to the torture Minerva put Lucy through in what was suppose to be a "friendly competition". The lose Juvia received hardly compares. And Juvia lives to be by Grey, if that means his shadow then she'd be fine with that.

@THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Grey honestly barely notices her and uses her when she is around, not out of care, but generally out of convenience

Grey is well aware sh'es there, and like any other guild member, as they have been "raised", members are family. Even is her affections are stiffing, he will always cherish her.
    @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

Juvia is the only one to never win anything, or get any real reward or barely even get noticed. Juvia though, has self sacrificed more times than any other character. Is always there to help the guild and especially Grey. I truly think that Juvia should get Grey in the end because she has earned him over and over. She has suffered more humiliation, more sadness, more pain than anyone else in Fairy Tail.

"Juvia never wins" How many times has Lucy been robbed, cheated or humiliated out of victories or just made a laughing stock fighter? She'd have lost to Bikslow if not for Loki passing through the gate on his own to help. If not for Hibiki downloading A magic spell to lucy at the last minute, she's have lost to Angel. When fighting Flaire, she clearly had victory in hand before being robed of it by underhanded schemes and out side cheating. Then again in the Navel battle, is tortured in an appalling manner that should never have been allowed in a competitive event. She's willing to help her friends out and rarely gets taken seriously for it. Is the constant butt of Natsu and happy sexual harassment and verbal abuse. For a character than is introduced a s leading character hardly gets the treatment of one. And just when you think she has something going for her, they stop that and put her down.
    I would say the treatment Juvia has gotten is far better than Lucy.

• Alright, I am not gonna deny that Lucy has been constantly abused. However, the major difference I see between Juvia and Lucy is that every member of the guild would come to Lucy's aid, Juvia would not get that because they would expect her to fight herself. Furthermore, I do believe out of all the leading characters, Juvia gets the least acknowledgement. Her sacrifices are not as valued as Lucy's or Erza's. But this wasn't really about Lucy or Erza because both of those two actually have Natsu who would literally burn the entire world for them. Juvia doesn't get that kind of support. That's what I am sad about. Her pains are more or less shown as meaningless. Dragon0, you failed to read what I was saying. She gets the worst treatment because, while she bears the guild mark, she isn't treated as many of the other members. Few in the guild would come rescue her the same way they would Lucy. Lets not make it about Lucy or Erza. They are considered to be probably the two most valuable members of Fairy Tail. Juvia is not acknowledged. That is where I was going. Furthermore, aside from Fairy Tail post PL war, she has been emotionally abused. When she was a child, she was bullied constantly. She was raised in an orphanage, bullied because she couldn't make the rain stop, every person who came near her, could not be around her for long because they couldn't stand the rain. She was left to loneliness and depression. She really hasn't caught a break from her loneliness. That is why I dislike how Fairy Tail treats her. Despite being in the family, she is still left alone. The only reason she is not making it rain, is because Grey is there for her to obsess about. If he weren't, then she would have just traded guilds, not joined a family, which still doesn't recognize her as a valuable member.

Oh and just to let you know, like Gildarts said, the S-Class promotion trials are not about the skill of fighting, its about the heart of the FT member. Erza hates to lose, and unless you're running a guild based on ability level, it is an unfair expectation to think that Juvia could stand toe to toe with Erza and win.

Dragon0, you really need to work on grammar and spelling. It was driving me crazy.
    It is "essentially" not "eccentrically". Two very different words.
    ridiculous not "ridicules"
    "loss" not "lose"
    "she is" or "she's" not "sh'es"
    "stifling" not "stiffing"

". Is the constant butt of Natsu and happy sexual harassment and verbal abuse. For a character than is introduced a s "
    This whole part neither makes sense nor is even close to grammatically correct.

Please work on your grammar before you attack an opinion of another. Your comments and quoting of each of my sentences was unnecessary and made you kinda look like a tool not a conscientious perspective. What you did was not counter-point debate, it was straight attacking of an opinion. You attacked something you cannot change. For future reference, look into debating not attacking. Debating has a shot of actually making a valuable point and does not shut your audience out the way you did. Instead, your comment will be viewed as noise because of all the errors, some which I overlooked because I gathered easily enough what you said; your rather assaultive rhetoric, meaning largely the connotations and denotations of your words as well as the strict use of logos and the off topic comparative to Lucy and Erza; and your argument's organization, mainly the use of the quotes.

Thanks for listening! Have a great day!

• @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

the major difference I see between Juvia and Lucy is that every member of the guild would come to Lucy's aid

I would dissagree only due to how we see the guild react to other situations where members are in trouble. Ex. Shadow Gear. The members don't really play big parts in the story. Levy gets more time later with her relationshipt to Gajeel but still not a lot of moments in the light. But back in the Phantom Lord Battle the whol Guild got in a fluster when One of there own was hurt. I feel that now that Juvia has more than proven her loyalty to the guild.. or more so grey, that if she were in trouble the'd do so in a heartbeat.
    @THEFACTOR4DEATH:

They are considered to be probably the two most valuable members of Fairy Tail.

As far as valuable go… I could agree that Erza is yes. Lucy not so much other than to be the mains group whipping girl. I would say in this respect Juvia is far more Valuable. She's even treated more normal by the guild than Lucy. Lucy is more treated as a joke I'd say untill she is forced to place the damsel in stress role. Then they get all serious.

• THEFACTOR4DEATH, why would you say that comparing Juvia to Erza or Lucy is "off topic?" The topic that you originally introduced was specifically in regard to Juvia's plight, in comparison to the other members of Fairy Tail. At least, saying things like "out of every member" and "than any one else in Fairy Tail" certainly gives the impression that you are trying to compare Juvia to other Fairy Tail members. Given that Lucy and Erza are both members of Fairy Tail, I don't see why bringing them up is off topic. It moreso seems as if you don't want them brought up because doing so does not support your claims. Frankly, both Lucy and Erza both endure way more physical pain that Juvia does throughout this series, and I think that most would agree that Erza's childhood was way more traumatic and screwed up than Juvias.

The fact that Natsu cares more for Lucy and Erza does not negate their pains. And why wouldn't he care more for them? They both care more about him than Juvia does. She pays no attention to anyone other than Grey, except when she's threatening other females, so why should they pay attention to her? She is also one of the newer members in the guild, so it should stand to reason that she has less of a rapport with some of them. And in any case, if Juvia were in any type of trouble, Natsu would most definitely burn down the world for her. That is just the type of guy that he is. He even tried to fight the magic council dudes for Jellal (who he didn't even like), and he stormed Sabertooth on behalf of Yukino (who he barely even knew), so I think it should be obvious that he would fight for one of his fellow guild members without a second thought. However, the fact is, Juvia hasn't really had any particularly dire situations that required another member of Fairy Tail to come to her aid.

As far as your allegations that Dragon0 was "attacking your opinion" go, maybe I read his post in a different tone than you did, but all it looked like to me is that he was stating his own views in response to each of your own. A person stating a perspective that differs from your own is not an "attack." And really, I don't see why you invited other people to discuss this with you if you only want to hear agreement.

Now what is an attack is going on a ridiculously long tirade about how bad somebody's spelling and grammar are. That isn't even an attack on another person's opinion…it's an attack on that person. Since you like to give people tips on how to debate, I should mention to you that nobody will take you seriously in a debate if your responses to contrary opinions are just off-topic insults. The fact that your own post wasn't even grammatically flawless also tends to augment the silliness. And why would you even bother to insult somebody's English skills on the internet anyway? That person may not be from your country and English may not be his/her native language. If that bothers you, you should have maybe included some type of disclaimer in your original post to ensure that nobody who is different from you joins the discussion.

• I was not attacking you in any sense. No was merely providing a different view Factor4death. But hey, go ahead and think of it that way since that's apparently how you want it. I've told people before I'm not the greatest speller and what not, so your jab at that isn't going to bother me. Next time you open a debate thread you might want to add a disclaimer that you take other people's opinions as personal attack and to answer with care. Your response in saying my response was an attack to you is exactly why I don't normally partake in debates…. so Thank You. :)