FLCL is coming back!!!

• Big news, Production I.G. and Toonami are going to create/produce two new seasons of this anime classic

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

Hopefully Funimation can gets involved in some capacity

• Ride on Shooting Star!

• @Desmond321:

Big news, Production I.G. and Toonami are going to create/produce two new seasons of this anime classic

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-03-24/toonami-to-co-produce-2-new-flcl-seasons/.100222

Hopefully Funimation can gets involved in some capacity

How is this an anime anymore if Toonami is making it? Also will the old voices cast be back?

• @gohan6425:

How is this anime anymoe if Toonami is making it? Also will the old voices cast be back?

It's anime because Production IG is animating it in Japan. Toonami is just helping to fund it.

And DeMarco has gone on the record saying that he definitely wants the original voice cast back.

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's anime because Production IG is animating it in Japan. Toonami is just helping to fund it.

And DeMarco has gone on the record saying that he definitely wants the original voice cast back.

Does that mean there going to get the English Dub at the sometime? OMG why fund this? Also why not fund freakin get Dragonball Super to get here faster here!? Like REALLY!? -_-

• @gohan6425:

Also why not fund freakin get Dragonball Super to get here faster here!? Like REALLY!? -_-

because the issue with DBS is not money

• @Getchman:

because the issue with DBS is not money

Do you really know that for sure? We don't REALLY know what holding it up dude…

• …Money is EVERYTHING! :)

• Toei is kooky, that's why.

@gohan6425:

OMG why fund this?

It's DeMarco's favorite anime and he wants more of it.

• @SpacemanHardy:

Toei is kooky, that's why.

It's DeMarco's favorite anime and he wants more of it.

His favorite is NOT what alway "best for business" Triple H… Dragonball Super is on HIGH demand right now for English Dub that should be Toonami Number 1 PRIORITY!

• @gohan6425:

His favorite is NOT what alway "best for business" Triple H… Dragonball Super is on HIGH demand right now for English Dub that should be Toonami Number 1 PRIORITY!

Toei doesn't seem to think so. And until Toei gives them the go-ahead, that means no Super for us. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Toei doesn't seem to think so. And until Toei gives them the go-ahead, that means no Super for us. :hmm:

Uh? That gave the go ahead to an Asia Toonami for an English Dub… So it clearly a money thing right now... On why Dragonball Super had not been English Dub here in the USA...

• @gohan6425:

Uh? That gave the go ahead to an Asia Toonami for an English Dub… So it clearly a money thing right now... On why Dragonball Super had not been English Dub here in the USA...

Or maybe they just have a grudge against America? Maybe Toei wants to much money from the american companies and that's why they haven't been brought over? What if it blew Funimation's entire licensing budget? Would you really want that… wait a minute, I forgot who I'm talking to, let me rephrase that: do you think that Funimation should blow their entire licensing budget for a series that most people really just have a passing interest in? I know I wouldn't, as fun as seeing Funi license literally only one thing for an entire season, I would be outraged.

Or maybe they are letting demand swell and that's when they'll let it go to America. Its a double edged sword but I'd consider it an acceptable risk because they know a guy named gohan6425 will pay like 2,000$ for one season of DBS dubbed.

I applaud Toonami for getting more of an anime made, it seems like they're the only group that actually has that much power.

• @darthrutsula:

Or maybe they just have a grudge against America? Maybe Toei wants to much money from the american companies and that's why they haven't been brought over? What if it blew Funimation's entire licensing budget? Would you really want that… wait a minute, I forgot who I'm talking to, let me rephrase that: do you think that Funimation should blow their entire licensing budget for a series that most people really just have a passing interest in? I know I wouldn't, as fun as seeing Funi license literally only one thing for an entire season, I would be outraged.

Or maybe they are letting demand swell and that's when they'll let it go to America. Its a double edged sword but I'd consider it an acceptable risk because they know a guy named gohan6425 will pay like 2,000$ for one season of DBS dubbed.

I applaud Toonami for getting more of an anime made, it seems like they're the only group that actually has that much power.

LMFAO! There should be NO set licensing budget for Funimation BEST TITLE EVER! Funimation was made BIG off of Dragonball Z EVERYONE KNOW IT! And passing on it would be dumb on Funimation part! After the movie sussess that had with it… ARE YOU LIKE JOKING RIGHT NOW!? And people are STILL VERY interest just look at the English Dub movie that was in threar don't tell me no one in is not interest in it anymore! LIKE WTF?

• @gohan6425:

LMFAO! There should be NO set licensing budget for Funimation BEST TITLE EVER!

If they want to remain in business there should be.

• Very clearly you've never taken many business classes or even manage your own personal finances, budgets are everything and you should ALWAYS (and you can't stress that enough) have a budget. If Funi didn't have a licensing budget then they most certainly wouldn't be in the business very long.

• @darthrutsula:

Very clearly you've never taken many business classes or even manage your own personal finances, budgets are everything and you should ALWAYS (and you can't stress that enough) have a budget. If Funi didn't have a licensing budget then they most certainly wouldn't be in the business very long.

Lol licensing budget for Dragonball Z should be a NO BRAINER! When you know there is title you know is going get you ALOT of money you do whatever it TAKES to get that title! That why I said it should be on HIGH DEMAND! What I mean by that is there should be NO LIMIT to how much that wanted for it b/c Funimation KNOWS there going get money back and EVEN MORE then they had before that got the title! You really don't understand how business works do you!?

• @gohan6425:

Lol licensing budget for Dragonball Z should be a NO BRAINER! When you know there is title you know is going get you ALOT of money you do whatever it TAKES to get that title! That why I said it should be on HIGH DEMAND! What I mean by that is there should be NO LIMIT to how much that wanted for it b/c Funimation KNOWS there going get money back and EVEN MORE then they had before that got the title! You really don't understand how business works do you!?

We understand, it is clear you do not. Saying there should be "No limit" because it is sure to be in demand is pure folly. Funi is not going to invest in something that they think will lose them money. If Toei is demanding 10 billion dollars to license DBS you think Funi should just cough it up? No! That is insane! Not only is that JUST the licensing fees, they need to pay voice actors to dub it, companies to produce it and…Well this list can go on and on but the costs add up is what I am getting to.

After all of this is done, they need to try and recoup the money put into it and then make a profit through subscription numbers and DVD/Blu-ray sales. DBS wont be some magical money fountin for them, it will be a business investment.

I would assume they have projected how many sets they can reasonably sell, what their cost per unit it, and how much profit they can make. If these numbers dont add up to Funi being in the black....They wont invest.

Bottom line: There needs to be a budget and a limit. If you think otherwise, ...Well I don't even know how to follow up to that.

• Gohan let's make this simple.

FLCL was confirmed to be bought out by Production I.G. about a year ago as it was always known they were going to do something with the franchise but no one knew what. Basically now we know it's two new seasons, and Toonami and co. wanted to produce it. This was a thing they wanted to do and at the very least it would generate enough interest. This was a thing that producers do is not just making and producing things that are guaranteed money makers, but also to put their money in for passion projects. FLCL is a true passion project for DeMarco. They also probably were one of the most interested parties that approached Production I.G. and it also helps that they have a good business relation with the studio alongside the fact that they themselves helped play a part in FLCL's popularity due to Toonami. Whether it's good or not this was less about money and more about pure passion and love for the property.

Also, just an fyi, and I want you to ESPECIALLY ABSORB THIS PASSAGE.

TOONAMI HAS A MUCH SMALLER BUDGET IN WHAT SHOWS THEY CAN GET THAN FUNIMATION'S ENTIRE YEARLY BUDGET OF SHOW ACQUISITIONS. If you honest to god think that Toonami would be able to outbid people like Funimation and all the dozens of other interested parties in acquiring a big name like Dragonball Super, something that EVEN FUNIMATION is having trouble with right now, you're out of your mind.

Look, whether you like FLCL or not, it's still pretty damn cool that between this and Samurai Jack that they can actually get things produced now and that's a really exciting thing in general.

But yeah, Dragonball Super is a licensing issue entirely separate from Toonami.

• Annnnnnnnnnnd Gohan successfully derails another topic. Good job. -_-

Anyways, I'm going to have to ask everyone to please stay on track. This thread is about FLCL, NOT Dragon Ball Super. Everyone please stay on topic and all will be right as rain. :)

• @classyspartan:

Gohan let's make this simple.

FLCL was confirmed to be bought out by Production I.G. about a year ago as it was always known they were going to do something with the franchise but no one knew what. Basically now we know it's two new seasons, and Toonami and co. wanted to produce it. This was a thing they wanted to do and at the very least it would generate enough interest. This was a thing that producers do is not just making and producing things that are guaranteed money makers, but also to put their money in for passion projects. FLCL is a true passion project for DeMarco. They also probably were one of the most interested parties that approached Production I.G. and it also helps that they have a good business relation with the studio alongside the fact that they themselves helped play a part in FLCL's popularity due to Toonami. Whether it's good or not this was less about money and more about pure passion and love for the property.

Also, just an fyi, and I want you to ESPECIALLY ABSORB THIS PASSAGE.

TOONAMI HAS A MUCH SMALLER BUDGET IN WHAT SHOWS THEY CAN GET THAN FUNIMATION'S ENTIRE YEARLY BUDGET OF SHOW ACQUISITIONS. If you honest to god think that Toonami would be able to outbid people like Funimation and all the dozens of other interested parties in acquiring a big name like Dragonball Super, something that EVEN FUNIMATION is having trouble with right now, you're out of your mind.

Look, whether you like FLCL or not, it's still pretty damn cool that between this and Samurai Jack that they can actually get things produced now and that's a really exciting thing in general.

But yeah, Dragonball Super is a licensing issue entirely separate from Toonami.

Uh? You do know that Asia Toonami got the rights to DB Super right!? So how can Are Toonami NOT get it? Hell Toonami/Funimation could even WORK tougher to get the rights for the English Dub of Dragonball Super… As for the whole FLCL being "popularity" due to Toonami are you like joking right now!? It was never on CN Toonami... Yes it was on A.Swim Toonami but the show had ended in 2001... Toonami CN popularity came from DRAGONBALL Z... Not FLCL... And enough with "small budget" that need to get show on Toonami that are going to make it better Dragonball Super would give it ALOT OF RATING...

@SpacemanHardy:

Annnnnnnnnnnd Gohan successfully derails another topic. Good job. -_-

Anyways, I'm going to have to ask everyone to please stay on track. This thread is about FLCL, NOT Dragon Ball Super. Everyone please stay on topic and all will be right as rain. :)

I'm sorry… But that just my take on it... FLCL is an "ok" show but I still say there MANY other show that Toonami should work on before that show... That my take on this... FLCL is NOT as popularity classyspartan is making it out too being...