What are your favorite horror anime?

• I love the horror genre and recently ordered season 1 of When They Cry based on a lot of favorable reviews. Does anyone have any favorite horror anime they can suggest? Something dark would be great

• Monster is an incredible series. It has just about everything I could ask for in a good show and then some.

Parasyte is also an incredible show, one of my favorites. Mainly because of Migi, that little guy is an incredible character.

• Another is a really good horror/mystery/dark anime. I would definitely suggest it. It's one of my favorites in the genre.

If you like that kind of anime, you may enjoy Corpse Party. It wasn't something that I particularly loved, but the mystery and atmosphere was really well done. However, if you can't stand gore, I would avoid Corpse Party altogether.

• From the New World
    Sankarea (though even I would say that's more about horror elements than an actual horror)

• Garden of Sinners
    Blue Gender
    When They Cry
    Another
    Ghost Hunt
    Shiki
    Parasyte
    Red Garden
    Requiem From the Darkness
    Elfen Lied
    Brynhildr in the Darkness
    Ghost Talker's Daydream
    Portrait of Petite Cossette
    Highschool of the Dead
    Mnemosyne
    Hell Girl
    King of Thorn
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Tokyo Majin
    Wicked City

• Deadman Wonderland is one of my favorites.
    And as Kruszer already said, Elfen Lied and Hellsing Ultimate are really awesome too.

• I don't follow many, but Hell Girl is hypnotic and 3x3 Eyes mesmerizes me (I also have some of the manga in Japanese). I tend to prefer horror with mythological bases.

• I haven't watched any yet, I guess I should start watching some.