Who is "Haruhi Suzumiya"?

• @SpacemanHardy:

That's Haruhi Suzumiya.

Don't tell me you don't know who Haruhi Suzumiya is.

SpacemanHardy acted as if I should know her but I REALLY don't know who she is…? There many characters that I don't know and this is one of them I did not know Astro Boy was until the Death Battle so yeah... So yeah who is she?

• Google?…

• @thegrandalliance:

Google?…

Seconded. :skull:

• Google will give you the run down.
    She is considered a cult classic. Just don't get us started on the endless 8.

• You didn't know who Astro Boy is? I'm pretty sure he's like a 1960s hero (which puts him among the oldest). Quick google search said he was, I coulda swore he was an american hero though I remember watching his show on boomerang back when I had cable.

And for the topic at hand I honestly don't really know who Haruhi is beyond just her name BECAUSE THERE IS NO LEGAL STREAM FOR IT (that I am aware of)

• @darthrutsula:

You didn't know who Astro Boy is? I'm pretty sure he's like a 1960s hero (which puts him among the oldest). Quick google search said he was, I coulda swore he was an american hero though I remember watching his show on boomerang back when I had cable.

And for the topic at hand I honestly don't really know who Haruhi is beyond just her name BECAUSE THERE IS NO LEGAL STREAM FOR IT (that I am aware of)

Astro Boy is a Japanese Anime dude basic on a Japanese Manga… He a Japanese Hero in the 1960's he was VERY Americanization! In 1960 that made the American Manga into a Comic Book so people in American could relate to it better and it was the 1960's... His REAL name in Japanese is the "Mighty Atom" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy here is… On the topic The show Haruhi from on is not been English Dub yet?

• @gohan6425:

On the topic The show Haruhi from on is not been English Dub yet?

It was dubbed almost 10 years ago, roughly around the same time as Code Geass, in fact. Just like that show, the rights were lost when Bandai went under. Just like that show, Funimation rescued it a few years ago. And just like that show, we're still waiting on the re-release. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

It was dubbed almost 10 years ago, roughly around the same time as Code Geass, in fact. Just like that show, the rights were lost when Bandai went under. Just like that show, Funimation rescued it a few years ago. And just like that show, we're still waiting on the re-release. :hmm:

I never recalled seeing it on TV though so it could not have been that big… Or... I can just watch it where well you get it what I talking about... :oOo:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Wikipedia is your friend:

You can't be serious.

Anyway, I checked out the wiki page and it says Funimation currently has the rights to this show but all I found was the spin-off.

@gohan6425: I'd never heard of the show either so you're not alone.

• It's not the sort of show that could really make it on TV… it sort of requires something of a knowledge of anime, plus things with a continuous plot and a lot of thinking (like Geass, for that matter) didn't do too well on adult swim.

• It was on crunchy roll until last year. That's when funi got the license.

There were two seasons, a movie and a spin off that is here on funimation.
    It is unique in one respect; there is a broadcast episode sequence and a dvd release sequence. This is still debated as to which is the proper order to watch.

• @bejay53:

Google will give you the run down.
    She is considered a cult classic. Just don't get us started on the endless 8.

Yeah no kidding… can we say... tad overdone?

It was really pretty fascinating up until that point.

• @gohan6425:

Astro Boy is a Japanese Anime dude basic on a Japanese Manga… He a Japanese Hero in the 1960's he was VERY Americanization! In 1960 that made the American Manga into a Comic Book so people in American could relate to it better and it was the 1960's... His REAL name in Japanese is the "Mighty Atom" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Astro_Boy here is… On the topic The show Haruhi from on is not been English Dub yet?

Astro Boy was one of the most well-known manga done by Osamu Tezuka, the "God of Manga". He also created Black Jack, and did a manga called "Phoenix" which is a classic.

• From Wikipedia:

Haruhi Suzumiya (涼宮ハルヒ Suzumiya Haruhi?) is the general name for a series of light novels written by Nagaru Tanigawa and illustrated by Noizi Ito and which were adapted into other media. Initially released in Japan in 2003 with the novel The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, it was followed by ten additional volumes, an anime television series adaptation, four separate manga series, an animated film, two original net animation series and several video games.

After the anime adaptation airing in 2006, publishing company Kadokawa Shoten received various offers for licensing both the novels and their various adaptations.[1][2] The novels are licensed for English language release in the United States by Little, Brown and Company, for young readers by Yen Press and the anime adaptation was licensed for North American distribution by Kadokawa Pictures USA division which then sub-licensed production and distribution to Bandai Entertainment. The anime is currently licensed by Funimation, who has no plans whatsoever on actually releasing the series.

• @Fiammetta:

It's not the sort of show that could really make it on TV… it sort of requires something of a knowledge of anime, plus things with a continuous plot and a lot of thinking (like Geass, for that matter) didn't do too well on adult swim.

Uh Code Geass DID GREAT in Rating on Adult Swim… The rating do not lie do it did great... That why Code Geass was never take off the air... Because it was doing very good in rating...

• @gohan6425:

Uh Code Geass DID GREAT in Rating on Adult Swim.

Yeah, that's why they tried to move it to 5:30 AM, until Bandai objected.

• @dougswisher:

who has no plans whatsoever on actually releasing the series.

The thing is, even though you added that, it's probably true.

• If you haven't watched "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" yet gohan6425, then I would suggest finding a place that might have it for viewing and check it out yourself to see it its any good.

• @Dragon0:

If you haven't watched "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya" yet gohan6425, then I would suggest finding a place that might have it for viewing and check it out yourself to see it its any good.

Or not, because we DON'T recommend that our forum members use illegal streaming sites.

Right, Dragon0?

• @SpacemanHardy:

Or not, because we DON'T recommend that our forum members use illegal streaming sites.

Right, Dragon0?

Well, he could try to find the original Bandai DVD singles but that's asking a lot for him to blind buy. Hopefully, this will be one of those Q3 or Q4 streaming schedule additions.