Regarding Toonami (This may be stupid)

• For some reason, since Toonami returned to television, I have had mixed feelings about the whole thing.

One hand I can see the logic in making its reboot for mature audiences: we, as adults, can handle stuff like this (usually) and after the controversy of a certain New York-based company, aren't so keen on drastic edits from the source material. People get uncut versions of episodes because they want to see things play out as it happened in the original Japanese broadcast. That I can get behind!

But on the other hand, part of me wishes that it was still open to a broader audience. Keep in mind: back in the 90's and 2000s, it exposed kids and young teens to the medium through stuff like the DRAGONBALL series and the old DiC/Cloverway hackjob of SAILOR MOON. I was an example of that generation. Yet even still, there's a new one now. It makes me wonder how they can be introduced.

In the middle part of the previous decade, CN had a daytime block called Miguzi… a sort of "Toonami Jr." in comparison to the relaunch. which ultimately folded after three years due to the boardroom. If only there could be another daytime spin-off or a method similar to my generation's. Not just on CN, but anywhere.

You probably think this is a stupid idea after reading all this and I'm sorry if I made you roll around laughing hysterically.

• Unfortunately, in 2016 that won't happen: Called "The Internet"… the thing that Al Gore invented. Younger peoples of Earth are bailing on TV all together to go to streaming platforms and only us "old people" still watch TV. Therefore the demographics of their shows have to compensate for such matters it is so..

• …I didn't even figure in the technological factor.

• @MobileSuitSonic:

For some reason, since Toonami returned to television, I have had mixed feelings about the whole thing.

One hand I can see the logic in making its reboot for mature audiences: we, as adults, can handle stuff like this (usually) and after the controversy of a certain New York-based company, aren't so keen on drastic edits from the source material. People get uncut versions of episodes because they want to see things play out as it happened in the original Japanese broadcast. That I can get behind!

But on the other hand, part of me wishes that it was still open to a broader audience. Keep in mind: back in the 90's and 2000s, it exposed kids and young teens to the medium through stuff like the DRAGONBALL series and the old DiC/Cloverway hackjob of SAILOR MOON. I was an example of that generation. Yet even still, there's a new one now. It makes me wonder how they can be introduced.

In the middle part of the previous decade, CN had a daytime block called Miguzi… a sort of "Toonami Jr." in comparison to the relaunch. which ultimately folded after three years due to the boardroom. If only there could be another daytime spin-off or a method similar to my generation's. Not just on CN, but anywhere.

You probably think this is a stupid idea after reading all this and I'm sorry if I made you roll around laughing hysterically.

I feel what you saying I from generation's your from I got into Toonami when DBZ was around I live off of Toonami for YEARS… I was UPSET when it got cancel in 2008... When it came I WAS SOOO HAPPY... After the April Fool thing there no WAYYY that Toonami was not coming at that point... I know Toonami would be back after that... And I feel we need to get back hint it... As much as we can... But lately there program had been so wrong and the timeslot is so bad! It Toonami SHOULD start up at 8:00pm Eastern time and end at like 1:00am maybe or later? A.Swim is sitting on a GOLD MINE and that choice to be dumb asses about it... Because People like you and me will watch Toonami NO MADER WHAT so it will not get cancel again hell I watching in ALL though the 2008 BS 2 hour run of rerun shows other then Naruto... Hell I even watch Toonami when a anime show that I don't like is on... I think Toonami needs being back some of classic show but STILL have more NEW ANIMES... There show be an hour for just 2 classic 90's anime from Toonami past... I STILL disagree on airing Dragonball Z Kai OVER Dragonball Z with the Bruce Falconer Theme Music was dumb on Toonami part... I don't care what people said about how Kai is "better" B?C IT FUCKIN IS NOT... Yeah Kaitard I said I know people forms will not know why I being "tard" for this show but it b/c I SEEN MANY of them on my YouTube Channel which is why I had Kai even more... "Kai better b/c it what DBZ was suppose to be" FUCK OFF...IF it was not for the DBZ Dub we had in 90's you Kaitards would NOT HAVE A DBZ KAI DUB IN ENGLISH DUMB ASSES... THINK about that for a second... Before you Kaitard reply back to this comment... As made FACT I go one STEP feather and said if Dragonball Z English Dub did not do as GREAT as it there WOULD BE NO FUCKIN FUNIMATION TODAY! This web site would NOT be around there would be NO Kai b/c Funimation would not be able to dub it... Funimation became a home hold name b/c of Dragonball Z Being as EPIC as it was... So yeah... Sorry got alittle off topic... :hmm:

• @MobileSuitSonic:

For some reason, since Toonami returned to television, I have had mixed feelings about the whole thing.

Don't sweat it bro. You were just giving your thoughts on something that you were thinking about and you presented it in a calm, composed manner. No need to make fun of you for that mate. It's all good.

As for the idea of having old shows be apart of Toonami or to introduce a new generation of kids to a block similar to Toonami on the main Cartoon Network channel instead of just late on Adult Swim then that's probably seeming more unlikely with a shift in the types of new shows and cartoons we are getting nowadays. Comedy and/or episodic shows seems to be a much bigger staple of the network now, and you'll occasionally get the solid action cartoon nowadays it's less common as it appears to be. Not to say they don't exist, or can't happen but the name of the game has changed alongside the fact that new technology such as the internet and mobile phones have sort of changed the landscape as to what kids and newer audiences can be introduced to. Stuff like Netflix and Hulu also can introduce these kinds of shows too.

Then again, this isn't me saying that action cartoons for a primetime Cartoon Network space are dead. They recently announced later this year that there's a brand-new Justice League cartoon coming soon with a return of familiar faces and crew from previous acclaimed DC cartoons. http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/justice-league-action-series-cartoon-network-kevin-conroy-mark-hamill-1201692126/

This isn't even including that on Toonami we will be getting BRAND NEW EPISODES of Samurai Jack with Tartakovsky himself returning to work and finish the show too! So by all means, this type of stuff can and will still exist but it's a different market now then it was when we were younger you know.

Granted I do understand the idea of wanting it to appeal to a broader audience, but I honestly feel like the current direction of Toonami makes a bunch of practical sense. Toonami decided to grow with the audience that grew with it, alongside that being on Adult Swim itself gave them a lot more creative input and control of what they wanted to get on the air and what could get on the air, hell even pushing the envelope a couple of times and surprising me with what they could show (you think I would EVER expect Hellsing Ultimate to be on TV….RELATIVELY UNCHANGED?!?!??!?!?!)

I see your point though sir, and while I understand it it's more or less due to a change in the current market as well as the fact that it's their choice to adapt and do new things with the block itself that lets it be the great programming block of action animation that it is today. So yeah at the very least I do understand your perspective and I don't think it's a stupid idea at all. I just feel it may be unlikely. Aside from that you've been mighty composed and respectful in your thoughts so I don't see a reason to laugh at you for expressing your opinions calmly....politely....rationally....

@gohan6425:

I feel what you saying I from generation's your from I got into Toonami when DBZ was around I live off of Toonami for YEARS… I was UPSET when it got cancel in 2008... When it came I WAS SOOO HAPPY... After the April Fool thing there no WAYYY that Toonami was not coming at that point... I know Toonami would be back after that... And I feel we need to get back hint it... As much as we can... But lately there program had been so wrong and the timeslot is so bad! It Toonami SHOULD start up at 8:00pm Eastern time and end at like 1:00am maybe or later? A.Swim is sitting on a GOLD MINE and that choice to be dumb asses about it... Because People like you and me will watch Toonami NO MADER WHAT so it will not get cancel again hell I watching in ALL though the 2008 BS 2 hour run of rerun shows other then Naruto... Hell I even watch Toonami when a anime show that I don't like is on... I think Toonami needs being back some of classic show but STILL have more NEW ANIMES... There show be an hour for just 2 classic 90's anime from Toonami past... I STILL disagree on airing Dragonball Z Kai OVER Dragonball Z with the Bruce Falconer Theme Music was dumb on Toonami part... I don't care what people said about how Kai is "better" B?C IT FUCKIN IS NOT... Yeah Kaitard I said I know people forms will not know why I being "tard" for this show but it b/c I SEEN MANY of them on my YouTube Channel which is why I had Kai even more... "Kai better b/c it what DBZ was suppose to be" FUCK OFF...IF it was not for the DBZ Dub we had in 90's you Kaitards would NOT HAVE A DBZ KAI DUB IN ENGLISH DUMB ASSES... THINK about that for a second... Before you Kaitard reply back to this comment... As made FACT I go one STEP feather and said if Dragonball Z English Dub did not do as GREAT as it there WOULD BE NO FUCKIN FUNIMATION TODAY! This web site would NOT be around there would be NO Kai b/c Funimation would not be able to dub it... Funimation became a home hold name b/c of Dragonball Z Being as EPIC as it was... So yeah... Sorry got alittle off topic...

Um…...........yeah..........

Look man I love both Dragon Ball Z AND Dragon Ball Z Kai. That's my jam. Many just feel personally like Kai helps trim a lot of the filler content that sometimes feels like the show is dragging alongside a number of recurring actors who grew into more experienced performers from when they originally recorded DBZ to when they recorded for DBZ Kai alongside some newer VAs. Not even undermining the original dub either, as it's iconic and important part of anime history in the United States, and it still holds nostalgic value to me in a lot of ways, especially some of those iconic Faulconer scores (specifically Perfect Cell & SS3 Goku songs some of my favorites). I just wish to make my thoughts on that briefly....because I personally didn't quite...understand the rest of that.

Toonami is what it is now. The block is prospering quite nicely as it is even at its given timeslot too. It's still getting views, it's still getting a whole bunch of interesting new programming, both brand new and classic stuff alike, and it's got a lot potential to grow even bigger. It's a different Toonami than you may remember but to me it's still Toonami. And that's how I see it.

And let's not derail this thread about whether DBZ or DBZ Kai is BETTER or WORSE than one another? Please?

• This post is deleted!

• @gohan6425: I deleted your recent post because that sort of language and behavior is absolutely NOT acceptable on these forums. You will learn to better behave yourself in the future, or you will find yourself in trouble with the admins.

Calm down and chill out, please. -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

@gohan6425: I deleted your recent post because that sort of language and behavior is absolutely NOT acceptable on these forums. You will learn to better behave yourself in the future, or you will find yourself in trouble with the admins.

Calm down and chill out, please. -_-

Uh? That was an opinion… :hmm: The new VA suck in my opinion... I see what I said was wrong? C.Clion is not a good voice actor... Stepanie Naolny was wayyyy better she should stay but Chris fire her... I not going to sit her and so oh she good when she not... Last time I check I freedom of speech to said that... Maybe I when a little over board on how I said it but that how I truly I feel to her as a VA.. She the only VA I can't stand... Maybe the adimins since that work for funi can see it and learn something that alot of old fan don't like the new voices actor something will change then...

• @gohan6425:

Uh? That was an opinion… :hmm: The new VA suck in my opinion... I see what I said was wrong? C.Clion is not a good voice actor... Stepanie Naolny was wayyyy better she should stay but Chris fire her... I not going to sit her and so oh she good when she not... Last time I check I freedom of speech to said that...

It's not what you said, it was how you said it.

You're allowed to dislike certain VAs and prefer the old ones. There's nothing wrong with that.

But when you come onto these boards and post a rage-filled, profanity-laced rant saying that all the new actors totally suck and should lose their jobs and that anyone who disagrees with you should "bite me", then that's going against the website's terms of service.

Just because you have freedom of speech does NOT mean you get to act like a horse's ass wherever you want. Either you choose to follow the rules, or you choose to find another forum.

So in the immortal words of Mr. Tom Hanks….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8RfnFhNIw

• @gohan6425:

Uh? That was an opinion… The new VA suck in my opinion... I see what I said was wrong? C.Clion is not a good voice actor... Stepanie Naolny was wayyyy better she should stay but Chris fire her... I not going to sit her and so oh she good when she not...

(I did not see the origional post)

I have a feeling that it was not the opinion that was said, but HOW the opinion was said.

@gohan6425:

Last time I check I freedom of speech to said that…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5X8qDDMC-o

Sorry, but you would be wrong! That is not what Freedom of speech means or is for :).

• This post is deleted!

• @SpacemanHardy:

It's not what you said, it was how you said it.

You're allowed to dislike certain VAs and prefer the old ones. There's nothing wrong with that.

But when you come onto these boards and post a rage-filled, profanity-laced rant saying that all the new actors totally suck and should lose their jobs and that anyone who disagrees with you should "bite me", then that's going against the website's terms of service.Maybe I when a little over board on how I said it but that how I truly I feel to her as a VA..
    Just because you have freedom of speech does NOT mean you get to act like a horse's ass wherever you want. Either you choose to follow the rules, or you choose to find another forum.

So in the immortal words of Mr. Tom Hanks….

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hg8RfnFhNIw

Maybe I when a little over board on how I said it but that how I truly I feel to her as a VA.. She the only VA I can't stand… Maybe the adimins since that work for funi can see it and learn something that alot of old fan don't like the new voices actor something will change then...

• @gohan6425:

Maybe the adimins since that work for funi can see it and learn something that alot of old fan don't like the new voices actor something will change then…

nope, that's not going to happen

• @gohan6425:

Maybe I when a little over board on how I said it but that how I truly I feel to her as a VA.. She the only VA I can't stand… Maybe the adimins since that work for funi can see it and learn something that alot of old fan don't like the new voices actor something will change then...

But why should they pander to the old fans when the new ones like the current VAs?

• @Getchman:

nope, that's not going to happen

Uh???? Basic on what? Lol…

@darthrutsula:

But why should they pander to the old fans when the new ones like the current VAs?

B\c the new fans would have like old one just same so why change the old VA, When the old VA are clearly better? So why should that "pander" to the new fans? When the old fans where the one that made DBZ big here in the USA and Funimation as that would NOT be around today without DBZ!

EDIT: Gohan, I've told you already; please stop double-posting. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• @gohan6425:

NO MADER WHAT!

• @gohan6425:

Uh???? Basic on what? Lol…

B\c the new fans would have like old one just same so why change the old VA, When the old VA are clearly better? So why should that "pander" to the new fans? When the old fans where the one that made DBZ big here in the USA and Funimation as that would NOT be around today without DBZ!

EDIT: Gohan, I've told you already; please stop double-posting. -SH

Sorry Spaceman Hardy I was on cell phone when I posted that it tooo hard to copy and paste both quteos in the post as it keep going back to one point in the post to paste it and that not where I wanted it to go as though would dumb then so I was unable to do it in one posts…

• @gohan6425:

Uh? That was an opinion…

Foul language isn't an opinion

• @gohan6425:

How are they "clearly better?" I didn't say they were pandering to the new fans, just that they shouldn't for the old fans. While I won't dispute the validity of that last statement, because that kind of what-if is hard to test, I will question what you are trying to state as fact when its clearly an opinion.

Nostalgia goggles are one hell of a thing I won't lie.

• Before we get any further off topic, can we PLEASE stick to the subject at hand?

MobileSuitSonic, I am so sorry that this got so horribly derailed. Rest assured, I'll do everything I can to make sure it stays on topic from now on. :)