Fullmetal Alchemist/Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood

• I finished watching Fullmetal Alchemist and the movie today and started to watch Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. I've only watched the first episode but it's like they are starting their journey from scratch. Is it worth it to watch Brotherhood? Do they follow the general storyline as the first Fullmetal (searching for the stone etc).

• The original FMA was made when the manga was only just beginning, so the animation team took some of the material and built their own story from there. Then when the manga was wrapping up, they went back and made Brotherhood to follow the manga's story through to the end. The stories start out similarly (Brotherhood's first 13ish episodes will be very familiar), but there are still important details that are different in that shared content and then at episode 15 the story breaks away entirely and will be new ground.

• Thanks for your help :)

• No problem, and sorry for my typos. Those slipped by me. Oops.

Also, just a heads up that you'll want to finish Brotherhood ASAP if you don't plan on buying it because Funimation's license expires at the end of the month. :(

• That's what I'm trying to do :D, I have 2 more weekends and the weekdays still; I'll make it :)

• Better hurry, before they take your guns away…

• I was wondering if Fullmetal is going to be taken off iTunes as well.

• Very likely.

• Okay thanks

• Yeah unfortunately we're taking it off of all of our channels on the 31st. Personally, I say Brotherhood is better than the original and worth watching. I even had to get an Ouroboros tattoo after Brotherhood as it was so good. If you enjoy the original, Brotherhood improves on every beat that much more so

• Yea I agree with you. I'm at episode 51 of brotherhood and I enjoy it more than the original; it answers so many questions I had. I would put it in my top 3 :)