A Crap… almost Forgot to Buy C3 last week.

• Thanks Funi for the reminder with the update on the stream for the OVA.

I grabbed a ton of Anime including Date a Live 2, but forgot to grab C3, I'll have to put that one in for next week's order.

• You buying everything? Why have a sub?…...........

Only some Anime desires to be purchased... alas a great philosophical debate nonetheless...

• You do bring up a good point heh.

After all… Dub is the reason to buy DvD...

• I thought C^3 didn't get the dub stick (which is rare btw)

• @darthrutsula:

I thought C^3 didn't get the dub stick (which is rare btw)

It didnt'… that's why he's questioning me for buying it.

• @Phoenixus:

You do bring up a good point heh.

After all… Dub is the reason to buy DvD...

But this makes me think that you are buying C^3 for the dub that it doesn't have. Its different if you just want to add it to your collection (which I can understand) another if you're just getting it for something that is not there, get me?

• I thought TGA was talking subscription, not subtitled.

• @TIL:

I thought TGA was talking subscription, not subtitled.

Indeed, when I said "sub", was referring to "subscription". You are legendary as always, TIL Nobu. Alas, I will clarify it is so…

@Phoenixus:

Thanks Funi for the reminder with the update on the stream for the OVA.

I grabbed a ton of Anime including Date a Live 2, but forgot to grab C3, I'll have to put that one in for next week's order.

As you can see highlighted: When he says "grabbed/order" I assume he is buying the DVDs. He also mentioned that the same product he intended to buy is on the stream service. My point is, why do you have a subscription service to Funimation.com, if you intend to buy everything on DVD? You are like double paying for all the content you are watching.

In general, the only reason a rational consumer should be buying DVD's is if they really like the show; or there is no legal streaming option, and not simply buying it to watch it once and be done with it. Otherwise you gonna be spending a fortune of OBAMA$$$ and have a mountain of disks piled a mile high in your house.

• Ahh That's what you meant.

Well the Steam service can be kind of hinky with me sometimes. Sometimes videos won't load or bandwidth issues either on my part or theirs make the service unusable. So If I want a clean play guaranteed I have to use a DvD.

The second part is being able to play them on the road when I'm not at home.

• Ahhh fair enough I suppose. Me never have problems with streaming, alas have good internet and computer device of course nonetheless.

• Yeah it is unfortunate.

I think I'm going to throw in Shomin Sample too. When that first came out, I only watched the first couple episodes then dropped it. But I never saw the Dub on it until now. And I can't stop laughing. Its frigging hilarious.

The one I'm waiting for though is Kizumonogatari. Obviously its the one part of that series that's never been explained.

You TGA… are one of the few people who can understand the subtleties of that series. This is one thing I've appreciated about you here. You know and understand all of the very subtle things about the JP culture and even stories the anime portrays, so are able to see the things others cannot. Whether you like or dislike the Monogatari series... one thing I know, is that you can at least appreciate the wordplay and Kanji cleverness in the series itself and how it plays out. And this one... Kizumonogatari was the grand beginning we never got to see.

• @Phoenixus:

You TGA… are one of the few people who can understand the subtleties of that series. This is one thing I've appreciated about you here. You know and understand all of the very subtle things about the JP culture and even stories the anime portrays, so are able to see the things others cannot. Whether you like or dislike the Monogatari series... one thing I know, is that you can at least appreciate the wordplay and Kanji cleverness in the series itself and how it plays out. And this one... Kizumonogatari was the grand beginning we never got to see.

LoL… aaah man, you got me hopes up for nothing. After WIkipeding that series, I realized it is Aniplex, and not Funimation. Therefore, as far as the Heavens are concerned, it does not exist of course :)

...in either case, if I ever figure out a way to watch it properly I will try to do so: Do thanks for the recommendation therefore of course. Alas, the Cost of Freedom for being Funi-Focused. Although Funi has loads of series, they current cannot have everything, and thus some are lost to spacetime it is so...

Anyways, back to your core point: Having knowledge of Japan only gets you so far. People like to claim some Americans like Trump are racist or whatever; alas no culture/civilization in history of Earth is more racist then Japan. All that "bad stuff" you think Trump or Republicans say... they do 1000x worse. It is kinda weird I suppose I care so much about it though for some reason. I guess I still see that they "can be saved" if you will, and not in a religious term mind you.

Anyways, if I ever get back there this summer I will reassess once more. Alas, doesn't change the fact that if you want a long-term visa there(more then 90days), you better not be a failure at life like me; or I guess 99% of world pop according to Japan.

BTW Mr. Spaceman: Hold your horses. This isn't designed to be a political critique or anything. Simply that, reality we non-Japanese face if we actually were to care about doing anything it is so.

• Well Honestly I cannot argue with that.

That said, even if one cannot be there, the subtle perfection in the little things can be appreciated by anyone with the ability to see it. And that is unfortunately rare.

Honestly I do wish you luck in going back. I tend to be a contractor as well, and I go where the contracts take me.