Fairy tail collections 6, 7 and 8!!!!!!!!!

• Why haven't either of these been released yet? Collection five ends at the end of the Tenrou Island Arc and part 19 will release on the 22nd and it ends with episode 226 which is a whopping 106 episodes past the final episode of collection five. Are they not doing the collections anymore and screwing those of us over that prefer the collections over the individual parts? I ask because each of the collections seems to have no more than 24 episodes so it would take at least 4 sets for the "Collections" to catch up. I would like to get a response on this ASAP.

• gmarctus, I highly doubt that any such intent is there.

From what I remember, the collections out now came out some time after the part sets did.

I'm not as knowledgeable on this sort of thing as most others, but I would imagine the collections will come much later.

• collections come after the individual parts are no longer selling at a rate funi wishes. its a random occurrence, so there's no way to predict when the next collection will be released

• Usually, I wait until the collections are released instead of buying the individual parts right away. The individual parts are sold for the same price as the collections, so getting twice as many episodes for the same price is a better way to spend my money.

• So what I'm getting from these responses is that if I want to be able to keep up with the series in a good amount of time then I am forced to go to the smaller individual parts. What sucks is that I already have collections one through five and given that investment it would suck to sell them just in order to start all over again.

• yeah i dont like dvd cases on my anime shelf so i wait for the collections also, darn ocd

• Just to keep this thread updated we are getting part 20 on June 7th and it will end with episode 239 which means the collections will now be 119 episodes behind the individual parts. F*** YOU FUNIMATION!!

Edit: YA KNOW WHAT, I WASN'T GOING TO PIRATE ANYMORE EPISODES BECAUSE I EXPECTED FUNIMATION WOULD DO THE HONORABLE THING AND RELEASE THE COLLECTIONS AT A SEMI-DECENT RATE LIKE THEY DO THE INDIVIDUAL PARTS, BUT IF THEY WANT TO F*** AROUND LIKE THIS THEN I'M JUST GOING TO PIRATE ALL THEIR SHOWS BECAUSE F*** 'EM!

EDIT: Do NOT post F-bombs on the forums. - SH

• Being impatient is not a good reason to pirate anime, gmarcturus.

• Well somebody's a special little snowflake. -_-

Look, the reason that Funimation puts out the half-season sets first is because they make more money off of those than the collections. They then use that profit to license MORE episodes of Fairy Tail, as well as more anime series in general.

If you're going to resort to piracy just because you're impatient, then you'll do nothing but hurt the very company that is putting out your favorite show. If enough people acted like you, then Funimation wouldn't be able to afford bringing ANY more Fairy Tail over here at all. By doing this, you are effectively biting the hand that feeds you.

So which is worse, I ask? Waiting just a little bit longer for the collections to be released? Or not getting any new Fairy Tail AT ALL?

• certainly a serious case of entitlement right here, but my question is, are the DVD's the only way you can watch this show?

• How am I entitled when the collection sets will currently be 119 episodes behind the regular sets and the last collection was released on November 3rd? If Funimation wants to release the individual sets really that's fine, but give those people that don't want to buy the individual sets or have already started their collection with the Collection sets the opportunity to buy their versions as well. As I said before, it will now take at least 4 collections if not 5 to catch back to the individual 13 episode releases. Why are those of us that can't afford to buy a new part every month or two forced to wait for the once a year collection releases that only have 24 episodes when the people that buy the individual parts get 100 episodes a year?

Edit: I'm not being impatient when I have already been waiting for the next collection release for going on 6 months and there have been 2 or 3 individual parts released and even when the last collection released we were still at least 50 episodes behind the individual 13 episode releases.

• @gmarcturus:

How am I entitled when the collection sets will currently be 119 episodes behind the regular sets and the last collection was released on November 3rd?

You are not entitled because of the situation, but because of how you are choosing to react to it.

@gmarcturus:

If Funimation wants to release the individual sets really that's fine, but give those people that don't want to buy the individual sets or have already started their collection with the Collection sets the opportunity to buy their versions as well.

Don't worry. They more than likely will. But, as has been stated the collections take longer to come out.

@gmarcturus:

Why are those of us that can't afford to buy a new part every month or two forced to wait for the once a year collection releases that only have 24 episodes when the people that buy the individual parts get 100 episodes a year?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

About 90% of the time thats the answer to any "Why did X show stop? Why do they release X this way? Why is there more X but not X" kind of questions.

This is why they release them in smaller sets. Because the people who are buying the smaller sets are giving them more money to keep them making more. They release the collections much later on because this is a way to wrangle in those who did not buy the individual sets. Its a better deal and more likely to appeal to a casual anime viewer. Its the same reason companies will do…Any sort of bundle or large set. The battle chest for World of warcraft comes to mind. This came out long after the release of these games but, in turn was much cheaper comparatively. Is it not fair that someone could not get this bundle right away? No. Because the only reason something like that was released was to get those on the fence about getting it.

Nintendo Selects come to mind as well...These are not released all the time. They are only released as a way to make money on aging, but popular, titles. However....You need to wait for them to come out. I personally bought 2 games that I wanted but not enough to spend full price on. Once they were released this way, i toppled off the fence in Nintendo's favor. Anyways im rambling...........

Bottom line, if you want to watch it now, cough up the cash and buy the sets....Or pay $8 and watch them all over the course of a month with a subscription. Otherwise they will release the collections when it makes business sense for them to do so. (Similar to what SMH was saying, I often think people forget Funi is a business that makes decisions based on what will keep it operating.)

EDIT:

@Getchman:

Also, a 13 episode set can be released much faster than a 24 ep set due to the wait period Japan demands for North American DVD/BD releases. and probably numerous other reasons that we normal people will never know about. waiting is annoying, but that's all you can do.

Also this. I did not think of this. Great point!

• Also, a 13 episode set can be released much faster than a 24 ep set due to the wait period Japan demands for North American DVD/BD releases. and probably numerous other reasons that we normal people will never know about. waiting is annoying, but that's all you can do.

• Look, I don't have any problems with the 13 episode sets at all, but when I look at the situation objectively I don't see Funimation doing anything that makes any kind of business sense. What they should be doing is releasing the collections twice a year (in other words, once every 6 months) with all of the episodes that came on the individual parts for about $20 more than the price of the individual sets. Basically the first Collection of the year would come out in June and the second in December, but instead of just 24 episodes per collection the June release would have all of the episodes released in the individual parts between January and June and the December release would have all of the episodes released between July and December. That way those of us that choose to collect the episodes in the Collection format will be happy because we won't be behind the individual releases and those of us that prefer to collect the episodes quicker will all win. At the current rate of Collection releases and with them only having 24 episodes per release the collection will still have around 6 or 7 releases to go when Fairy Tail ends and then Funimation won't have any reason to bother releasing those collections because everyone will have moved on to the next popular anime.

• i wouldnt mind paying more for the collections, its just all about the Symmetry to me :) the next collection has gotta be soon right?

• Like I said, I wouldn't either but the biggest gripe I have with the with collections is that Funimation needs to either include more episodes per collection or release more collections more often. If they put more episodes on each collection then I would gladly pay more for each, but if they just put out more collections more often then they need to stay the same price.

• @gmarcturus:

Look, I don't have any problems with the 13 episode sets at all, but when I look at the situation objectively I don't see Funimation doing anything that makes any kind of business sense.

I'm sorry, what?

What Funimation is currently doing makes perfect sense, what you are suggesting however doesn't. They will lose money by releasing collections quicker when the parts are still selling well. Because collections are so much cheaper if they are released too soon, less people will buy the parts, which means Funimation will lose sales because more people are buying collections instead. It makes no business sense to release collections when the parts are still selling well.

There is a price to everything nothing is free, you want a cheaper deal, and a cheaper way to buy Fairy Tail episodes? Then you have to wait for it, that is the price. Those that are prepared to pay more will get episodes sooner hence the parts.

• @01habbo:

I'm sorry, what?

What Funimation is currently doing makes perfect sense, what you are suggesting however doesn't. They will lose money by releasing collections quicker when the parts are still selling well. Because collections are so much cheaper if they are released too soon, less people will buy the parts, which means Funimation will lose sales because more people are buying collections instead. It makes no business sense to release collections when the parts are still selling well.

There is a price to everything nothing is free, you want a cheaper deal, and a cheaper way to buy Fairy Tail episodes? Then you have to wait for it, that is the price. Those that are prepared to pay more will get episodes sooner hence the parts.

I didn't say I wanted them for cheaper if they want to tack on an additional $10 - $15 that would be fine with me.

• I too have been wondering about collection six. I emailed Funimation either in January or February asking about collection six and was told that they currently didn't have any plans on releasing collection six. I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and buy parts eleven and twelve or if I should work on my patience and continue to wait for collection six.

• If you really really want them then get parts 11 and 12, but if you don't really need them right now then wait for collection 6.

• If you really love a show, then either wait patiently for the collections you like, or buy the individual parts. Or you could go completely overboard like I do with One Piece and buy each Voyage when it's released, then trade up to the Collections when they are released. If you really love an anime and want to support it so Funimation licenses and dubs more, and releases it on BD/DVD, then buy what you can when you can and trade up when possible. I've owned every Voyage of One Piece and I own every Collection too thus far. I also once owned all of Dragon Ball Z on DVD in the orange bricks, but traded up the the Blu-Ray season sets. But if you're absolutely set in your ways, you can always subscribe to Funimation Now. It's well worth the $8 a month and you don't have to buy the sets immediately. In closing, I too am waiting on Collection 6. But I just stream it with Funimation Now till then.