True DBZ mmorpg from one who actually can think

• People we must band together against those who wish to destroy a great anime series. I remember Dragonball episode one season one's release in the US…I watched it. I have played many terrible dragonball games with no depth. Why is it that DBO was terrible? Why is it that so many DBZ games are so void of imagination? I believe watching the shows was great and that a good enough fighting gameplay has been developed.
    That out of the way, has anyone played FFXIV? It was an mmo released on PS3 and pc. Beautiful graphics, smooth game play and leveling was fun.
    This is all going somewhere I promise. D and D was a game involving one person, the dungeon master, creating an entire world from imagination and some other people creating personalized characters to traverse this fabricated realm.
    My question is...why is every DBZ game a clone from the show? The realm is already created people! Multiple races, multiple classes, options for clans...the lore is already made! Please please for the love of this juggernaut of the anime world play an open world mmo, take notes and pitch it to a console. The creator of this world should love seeing other stories unfold in a universe that he created from such a great and limitless imagination.

• Eh… No thanks. I'm good. :)

• I have soooo many ideas and great things to add…I've played RPGs games since dragon warrior 2 for the nes, when SE was just squaresoft. I've dabbled in the mmo worlds of Neverwinter, wow, FFXIV, runescape...others I can't even think of. Armor sets, actual dungeons, even expansions! Dungeon mechanics, fusion between 2 characters mid dungeon as a special ability that forces them to work truly as one! Even professions! The key is a generic storyline about an evil force that threatens the livelihood of all races by unleashing tons of different enemies with leaders that are hidden in a type of laberynth forcing characters to team up, get through the maze, find treasure on the way, and gain a nice 2nd currency and rare armor pieces upon completion. Maybe pvp with options. 1v1, 5v5 like a custom gin yu force vs another team...how about invasion? Cooler race invading namek, or planet vegeta...I love the idea of starting off young at the beginning of a characters questing...than an apprentice status, maybe afew Tournaments? Monthly events...even mounts!

• @Vivi80:

I have soooo many ideas and great things to add…I've played RPGs games since dragon warrior 2 for the nes, when SE was just squaresoft. I've dabbled in the mmo worlds of Neverwinter, wow, FFXIV, runescape...others I can't even think of. Armor sets, actual dungeons, even expansions! Dungeon mechanics, fusion between 2 characters mid dungeon as a special ability that forces them to work truly as one! Even professions!

How would this even work? You are essentially forcing two seperate players into playing one singular character.

The key is a generic storyline about an evil force that threatens the livelihood of all races by unleashing tons of different enemies with leaders that are hidden in a type of laberynth forcing characters to team up, get through the maze, find treasure on the way, and gain a nice 2nd currency and rare armor pieces upon completion. Maybe pvp with options. 1v1, 5v5 like a custom gin yu force vs another team…how about invasion? Cooler race invading namek, or planet vegeta...I love the idea of starting off young at the beginning of a characters questing...than an apprentice status, maybe afew Tournaments? Monthly events...even mounts!

Avoid generic, otherwise your game would be generic. Why would the game need armor (or weapons) when armor and weapons are practically useless in the show. Why mount when you can fly/instant transmission? Also why dungeons? There were very few instances where they were even inside a building in the show for any kind of fight, every other instance they were outside.

And I think as far as mmos go you should try to play star wars the old republic and Entropia Universe/The Repopulation to kind of get a sense of games that can seperate themselves from their competition.

• The generic boss is a key in most mmo. When you get to specific it takes away from the freedom of players. Maybe generic was the wrong word. The idea for the fusion was stolen from another game giving one character control over movement while giving another control over attacks based on each players stats movement speed and general attack power. Ex cleric dps healing abilities and movement by one and ki attacks controlled by dps. It's quite simple and would also promote more communication between players on say Xbox live where it has been lacking of late.

Why dungeons? Why not? How would you than quest at all? Can something not be figured out to compensate for the destructive powers of DBZ characters? And if not, than dungeons for low level characters is still an option with maybe zones of mobs with team objectives in small planetary environments followed by a boss battle. I use dungeons to describe team instances against computer enemies.

EDIT: Don't double post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• I just think that a Musou game would fit better for DBZ because that's how the series is best portrayed, massive slaughter of nameless enemies with one big guy for the level. It just seems like it would be a way better fit.

• I have to agree with you, but I just want a DBZ shaped mmo so badly. I mean most popular mmo have no where near the depth and although I love the classic RPGs style classes DBZ characters from the show already have classes like tanks, dps, healer, even control types. I suppose it's selfish of me though, considering many other funimation titles would be better suited for the mmo world.

A non linear mmo based on rules already in an anime series world. I'd pay 100 dollars for the game, buy whatever console it is on, and pay for every expansion n probly drop money buying special currency to get cool items for customization

But another problem would be population. A very high amount of gamers are not for anime and find it lame and a lot of fanboys just want to relive the story over n over again, but mmo gamers are die hard and always playing. I guess I'm just done with fighting games and getting tired of modern mmo and feel that a world based on strength of fist and ki in an open world environment with questing could start a revolution

EDIT: Please don't rapid-fire multi-post. Use the Edit Post button instead. -SH

• This post is deleted!

• This post is deleted!

• But did you really need to say all that in three separate posts? I'm not inclined to agree or disagree about the population of mmo gamers not liking anime because it really just depends on the game. Like if you want an anime mmo try playing PSO2, it doesn't get much more anime than that? And I wouldn't think that DBZ would fit well as an mmo compared to other serieses like High School DxD or A Certain Magentific Raildex where there are different "classes" and even factions unlike DBZ (more-so DB though)

• Uhm… how about no video games whatsoever?...

...of course me is Anti-DragonballZ so I am perhaps partial to such opinion nonetheless...