Anime to Watch While Waiting for Code Geass

• To take our minds off of things.

Series
    Why it would appeal to Geass fans
    License/Availability

Series: K
    Appeal: Both pretty-boys and jiggles. Well-animated fights. Well-developed characters. Interesting, twisty mystery plot that keeps your brain engaged. Johnny Yong Bosch and Jun Fukuyama are both in it (interestingly enough, as opposite sides of a ship). The first season's ending should seem familiar…
    Availability: Licensed by Viz. Only first season available dubbed, on DVD/bluray and Netflix. Seasons 1 and 2 and the movie, which comes in between, are on Hulu, subbed (the movie is listed separately).

Series: Valvrave the Liberator
    Appeal: Same writer as Geass, and also a Sunrise mecha series. Gorgeous character designs. One of the main characters is a sad strategist named L-11, and Jun Fukuyama plays a gorgeous brooding prince (who deserves more screentime). Be warned, though, it's brutal. Be prepared to be punched in the emotions over and over again. The graphic violence may not be as intense as other things, but the emotional brutality is like mid-R2 times 100 666.
    Availability: Sub-only blurays from Aniplex; streaming on Crunchyroll.

^^ those two, like Geass, have that sort of atmosphere where it feels more like opera than anime sometimes. I don't really know how to explain it, but it just feels so classic, and I love it.

I hope this is the right place for this…

edit: Ah, how could I forget...

Series: Active Raid
    Appeal: Same director; robots; Fun, cute characters. Not much of a continuous plot at first, but then…
    Availability: Crunchyroll streaming. Ongoing. (Split-cour, Winter and Summer, I believe).

• @Fiammetta:

To take our minds off of things.

Series
    Why it would appeal to Geass fans
    License/Availability

Series: K
    Appeal: Both pretty-boys and jiggles. Well-animated fights. Well-developed characters. Interesting, twisty mystery plot that keeps your brain engaged. Johnny Yong Bosch and Jun Fukuyama are both in it (interestingly enough, as opposite sides of a ship). The first season's ending should seem familiar…
    Availability: Licensed by Viz. Only first season available dubbed, on DVD/bluray and Netflix. Seasons 1 and 2 and the movie, which comes in between, are on Hulu, subbed (the movie is listed separately).

Series: Valvrave the Liberator
    Appeal: Same writer as Geass, and also a Sunrise mecha series. Gorgeous character designs. One of the main characters is a sad strategist named L-11, and Jun Fukuyama plays a gorgeous brooding prince (who deserves more screentime). Be warned, though, it's brutal. Be prepared to be punched in the emotions over and over again. The graphic violence may not be as intense as other things, but the emotional brutality is like mid-R2 times 100 666.
    Availability: Sub-only blurays from Aniplex; streaming on Crunchyroll.

^^ those two, like Geass, have that sort of atmosphere where it feels more like opera than anime sometimes. I don't really know how to explain it, but it just feels so classic, and I love it.

I hope this is the right place for this…

edit: Ah, how could I forget...

Series: Active Raid
    Appeal: Same director; robots; Fun, cute characters. Not much of a continuous plot at first, but then…
    Availability: Crunchyroll streaming. Ongoing. (Split-cour, Winter and Summer, I believe).

Funimation owns Code Geass NOT Viz…

• @gohan6425:

Funimation owns Code Geass NOT Viz…

He never said they did.

Read again. He was talking about the show "K". -_-

• @SpacemanHardy:

He never said they did.

Read again. He was talking about the show "K". -_-

Oh sorry my bad…

• . . . . . . . okay, should give FUNi some love because this is the FUNi forum…

The other show about the chess-playing, angsty, vengeful, artistocratic Brit boy who makes a supernatural contract and gets sparkly eye powers. With cats. And knights. And they say "Yes, my lord," in English even when the rest of the show is in Japanese.
    Which also has Jun Fukuyama in it. And only two of the same voice actors in English, (now that there's a dub cast for Book of Circus - Snake is Rolo and Peter is Luciano).