Why in ANY of the DBZ Video Game why NEVER do the storyline start from Dragonball?

• Why in ANY of the Dragonball Z Video Game why NEVER do the storyline start from Dragonball? In every game I play that is Dragonball Z it NEVER stared at the started of Dragonball and go though the stroyline of Dragonall before getting to DBZ WHY IS THIS? I mean even in some of the OLDER DBZ games that would have the events of Dragonball GT which fyi is NON-CANON… Even in the most recent Dragonball Z Video Game which was called "Dragonball Xanoverse" it did not even cover the events of Dragonball... You can buy a DLC to get the events of the Non Canon GT, as well as do the story line of the new Battle of God Movie in the story mode, also you can buy the new Revival of F storyline in the game as a DLC... But NO Dragonball stroyline... Why is this can anyone really give any inside on this? Dragonball is apart of the story and is the TRUE begining of the Dragonball Z story so why is the Dragonball storyline never in any of the Dragonball video games?

• First off stop putting caps in your posts it makes it seem like your yelling. No one really knows why if I would gander to guess more of the characters from DBZ are recognizable so the game companies focus on that so they can make a profit. Most non-hardcore anime fans have most likely never seen the original dragonball. At least thats what I can figure.

• Nooooo we had all done so well on not responding and you ruined it

Also violence against children could be another reason.

• Sorry I was half asleep

• I disagree strongly. Games can not be marketed solely to a fan base…they need to be advertised showing graphics or gameplay that actually interests people. I'm not sure why dragonball storyline is not usually added, I've played one game that included dragonball, but the larger issue is the lack of depth in these "games" if they can be called that. If I want a regular fighting game it needs a twist. Alas I grow weary of this...comment on my thread about a true mmo

• @shadowking01:

First off stop putting caps in your posts it makes it seem like your yelling. No one really knows why if I would gander to guess more of the characters from DBZ are recognizable so the game companies focus on that so they can make a profit. Most non-hardcore anime fans have most likely never seen the original dragonball. At least thats what I can figure.

I trying too.. It's more of like a BOLD statement then yelling… Anyway DBZ is a show then DB... But DB is still a story that I thing more video games need to show so people know it better and can play the game from the started...

@priestesstyrande:

Nooooo we had all done so well on not responding and you ruined it

Also violence against children could be another reason.

WTF? So you guys where injore my post on purpose!?

• @gohan6425:

I trying too.. It's more of like a BOLD statement then yelling… Anyway DBZ is a show then DB... But DB is still a story that I thing more video games need to show so people know it better and can play the game from the started...

Try using bold instead of caps if you are trying to emphasize a point like that. Also probably because DB isn't as recognizable as DBZ, I didn't even know there was a DB until about 3 years ago. And based on my understanding, DBZ was more fighting oriented while DB was adventure and the fighting is what most non-anime fans like about DBZ.

Not like i've watched any DB series so take what i said with a grain of salt.

• @gohan6425:

I will ignore "Injore"

But no not on purpose, I was making a joke because the post got lost in the frenzy that has been the new apps.

• @darthrutsula:

Try using bold instead of caps if you are trying to emphasize a point like that. Also probably because DB isn't as recognizable as DBZ, I didn't even know there was a DB until about 3 years ago. And based on my understanding, DBZ was more fighting oriented while DB was adventure and the fighting is what most non-anime fans like about DBZ.

Not like i've watched any DB series so take what i said with a grain of salt.

I don't know how to "bold" thing in this forum, This forums site REALLY need to have all the buttons to do thing on the post when you typing out a posts rather have to copy and paste the codes…. This only forum site I been on where that don't have the buttons when you typing out your post which is a BIG issue... It just easyer to cap then have to find the codes on the other page where it takes me awhile to find it...As for DB had fighting in it too lol not as much as DBZ but still it had it in there... But you not watch as you said so you would not know that...

• As I recall, there have been a number of video games covering Dragon Ball prior to Z, though I don't think more than maybe one or two have been localized for the US. As for the reasoning behind the predominance of Z games in general, and that with that predominance further emphasized/exacerbated when looking at english translated titles, I would assume and agree that:

@darthrutsula:

Also probably because DB isn't as recognizable as DBZ, [. . .] DBZ was more fighting oriented while DB was adventure

Especially with "western" audiences, DBZ seems far better known and enjoyed than DB, so that we would get more DBZ games than DB makes sense. Also, while Dragon Ball does have a large amount of fighting in it, I'd still consider it much more of an adventure type story than Dragon Ball Z. And I'd think a much more diverse range of resources would be needed to create an adventure game than would be needed for a fighting game (as disclaimer, that is just an assumption on my part, I don't have any experience with game development to back that up).

• @gohan6425:

I don't know how to "bold" thing in this forum, This forums site REALLY need to have all the buttons to do thing on the post when you typing out a posts rather have to copy and paste the codes…. This only forum site I been on where that don't have the buttons when you typing out your post which is a BIG issue... It just easyer to cap then have to find the codes on the other page where it takes me awhile to find it...As for DB had fighting in it too lol not as much as DBZ but still it had it in there... But you not watch as you said so you would not know that...

Ctrl + B brings up the /B] command (I removed a bracket). I knew DB had fighting just not the amount DBZ had and that's what I was saying.

• @darthrutsula:

Ctrl + B brings up the **/B] command (I removed a bracket).

Wait… really?

tries it out

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT!! oOo**

• @Kam2013:

As I recall, there have been a number of video games covering Dragon Ball prior to Z, though I don't think more than maybe one or two have been localized for the US. As for the reasoning behind the predominance of Z games in general, and that with that predominance further emphasized/exacerbated when looking at english translated titles, I would assume and agree that:

Especially with "western" audiences, DBZ seems far better known and enjoyed than DB, so that we would get more DBZ games than DB makes sense. Also, while Dragon Ball does have a large amount of fighting in it, I'd still consider it much more of an adventure type story than Dragon Ball Z. And I'd think a much more diverse range of resources would be needed to create an adventure game than would be needed for a fighting game (as disclaimer, that is just an assumption on my part, I don't have any experience with game development to back that up).

Well which American game are you talking about that cover the Dragonball Storyline I love to play it? While that is true that DBZ is more big here then DB… Dragonball is still the start of the story and should be shown too... And there are way game development could get around that too...

@darthrutsula:

Ctrl + B brings up the **/B] command (I removed a bracket). I knew DB had fighting just not the amount DBZ had and that's what I was saying.

I think your missing the point of my statement I would have to copy and paste like Over 9000 Times the code to bold everything I wanted bold in a post where with cap I don't again forums need to get button when your posting… And even if it not as much fighting that could still work around that by just have Goku fight the guy he fought in the storyline...

@SpacemanHardy:

Wait… really?

tries it out

HOLY SHIT I DIDN'T KNOW YOU COULD DO THAT!! oOo

An I shiting myself? Or did SpacemanHardy are moderator just made a "sarcastic" joke at me… oOo**

• ctrl+i for images also works apparently lol and ctrl+l gives you a website link

• @gohan6425:

An I shiting myself? Or did SpacemanHardy are moderator just made a "sarcastic" joke at me… oOo

I did nothing of the sort. I was just very surprised that such a function existed on this forum without my knowledge. I wasn't directing my post to you in the slightest. :hmm:

• @nubguy:

ctrl+i for images also works apparently lol and ctrl+l gives you a website link

Uh where and what? :hmm:

@SpacemanHardy:

I did nothing of the sort. I was just very surprised that such a function existed on this forum without my knowledge. I wasn't directing my post to you in the slightest. :hmm:

Where really? You where not being sarcastic on that statement? :hmm: I sure though you where…?

• @gohan6425:

Well which American game are you talking about that cover the Dragonball Storyline I love to play it? While that is true that DBZ is more big here then DB… Dragonball is still the start of the story and should be shown too... And there are way game development could get around that too...

I'm not disagreeing that games covering the Dragon Ball story line would be nice, was simply offering possibilities as to why we don't see more. As for games we do have which cover Dragon Ball:

Dragon Ball Revenge of King Piccolo (Wii)
    Dragon Ball Origins (DS)
    Dragon Ball Origins 2 (DS)
    Dragon Ball Advanced Aventure (GBA)

• @Kam2013:

I'm not disagreeing that games covering the Dragon Ball story line would be nice, was simply offering possibilities as to why we don't see more. As for games we do have which cover Dragon Ball:

Dragon Ball Revenge of King Piccolo (Wii)
    Dragon Ball Origins (DS)
    Dragon Ball Origins 2 (DS)
    Dragon Ball Advanced Aventure (GBA)

So basicly no game that cover the whole DB to the end of DBZ on a main colsuse… And I don't count Wii as one... :hmm:

• @gohan6425:

Uh where and what? :hmm:

What I meant is, to display an image, press the control (ctrl) key on your keyboard and then press the i key. To display a website link, press the control key (ctrl) and then press the l key. They are shortcuts to get both ends of the BB Code generated.

@gohan6425:

Where really? You where not being sarcastic on that statement? :hmm: I sure though you where…?

Nah he wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't know about it either until it was posted here.

• @nubguy:

What I meant is, to display an image, press the control (ctrl) key on your keyboard and then press the i key. To display a website link, press the control key (ctrl) and then press the l key. They are shortcuts to get both ends of the BB Code generated.

Nah he wasn't being sarcastic. I didn't know about it either until it was posted here.

I thought Ctrl + B was common knowledge xD it is the shortcut for bolding in microsoft word so I figured it would be the same here. And are you sure Ctrl + I is image? because it seems like its the command for italics (which I assume the site doesn't support?) I only say this because image command would be something like [img[/img] but ctrl + i is [I[/I]

Italics testing to see if it does have italics (spelled out)

• @darthrutsula:

I thought Ctrl + B was common knowledge xD it is the shortcut for bolding in microsoft word so I figured it would be the same here. And are you sure Ctrl + I is image? because it seems like its the command for italics (which I assume the site doesn't support?) I only say this because image command would be something like [img[/img] but ctrl + i is [I[/I]

Italics testing to see if it does have italics (spelled out)

Why do that when the button is on top of your screen for microsoft word? Why do something hard when you can just click it on you screen? I'm a visual person… So used more button on the screen then used codes keys b/c its easys then remember specific codes for each thing that you can just click on your screen...