Where to watch OVAs?

• There are a lot of OVAs I have been wanting to see, including those for Attack on Titan and Noragami. I understand that these will most likely never get dubbed. But is there a good way to see these subbed? (Such as through DVD or streaming)

• It's considered bad form to list illegal streaming sites on legal streaming sites forums, So I won't be listing them, if you search for the OVA you're looking for it'll give you a listing on where you can watch it.

Just be warned that you do it at your own risk, while some illegal streaming sites are legit, others are rife with viruses and malware, you have been warned.

Edit: Attack on Titan OVAs were available with the special edition manga releases (Kodansha actually put out a NA edition that included them), don't know if any copies are still available.

Norigami's I believe were a Japanese only release with the manga.

• That's awesome! Thanks for all of that information. I just finished watching Attack on Titan: Ilse's Notebook and wow, what a game changer! If you haven't seen this one it's revelationary (if that's a word lol)

Thanks again. OVAs are pretty hard to find.

• @nubguy:

Thanks again. OVAs are pretty hard to find.

Yea just ask about "Ah! My Goddess!" OAVs…

"ITS A CONSPIRACY I TELL YOU! A CONSPIRACY!"

• @thegrandalliance:

I figure it's Skuld trying to protect her precious Onee-Sama from the masses.

• @nubguy:

If you haven't seen this one it's revelationary (if that's a word lol)

I think I'd go with "revelatory"

• @Series5Ranger:

I figure it's Skuld trying to protect her precious Onee-Sama from the masses.

Yes, yes, very good observation indeed nonetheless…

• @thegrandalliance:

Wow I didn't even know there were OVA's for that one.

• @Phoenixus:

Wow I didn't even know there were OVA's for that one.

Well, there are the old ones, the 1990s ones; as for the new series (TV series restarted the storyline) there are also 5 as well, all Japan only, and 3/5 are impossible to get.

• @thegrandalliance:

3/5 are impossible to get.

Not quite.

• @TIL:

Not quite.

You keep saying that… yet no evidence to the contrary...

• @thegrandalliance:

You keep saying that… yet no evidence to the contrary...

Keep in mind that posting fansub website names/links here is forbidden. I suspect that would be the evidence in question.

• @TheAncientOne:

Keep in mind that posting fansub website names/links here is forbidden. I suspect that would be the evidence in question.

Nah, there was another thread it was discussed; they suggested that they own the physical DVD OVA import from Japan, alas without further adue…

• Just my two cents here but, I don't even own a physical media player so if I cannot stream it legally and I wiki the fact the episode is essential cannon, that show is effectively dead to me and I will not watch another episode online. "Why should that matter?" You ask. Well because most licencing agreements for streaming content are based on views. If we don't watch they don't get paid. So if you want to see the ova… Stop watching until they make them available ;-)

• @thegrandalliance:

they suggested that they own the physical DVD OVA import from Japan,

Winner, winner, chicken dinner!

P.S.- Rule 1 applies as well. ~_^

• @TIL:

See my post above. Physical media is so 1999. Fact is more and more of the market is moving to streaming and downloads. DVD and Blu-ray are fast becoming the 8tracks of media. Hell game sales on all the console's are almost to the tipping point where downloads are surpassing physical media sales :-)

• @bernie1972:

Physical media is so 1999.

So is Japan in regards to streaming and downloading. ~_^
    Regardless, your opinion is noted.

• As much as I wish it would go that way, I am not convinced that we will ever see legal sub/dub streaming or downloads for most OVA's because of the intricate licensing issues that go into OVA's. I don't know why they make it so complicated.

• @bernie1972:

See my post above. Physical media is so 1999. Fact is more and more of the market is moving to streaming and downloads. DVD and Blu-ray are fast becoming the 8tracks of media. Hell game sales on all the console's are almost to the tipping point where downloads are surpassing physical media sales :-)

Physical media is vital if you care about it long term… because at some point in the future they will take it away from you. Until something becomes public domain (the IP holder abandons the asset) you always have to worry, especially Japan, as they will take your guns away.

@TIL:

Well I suppose could use some chicken I suppose right now… I guess I have to settle for some random Starbucks Bakery Items I got here for now. Was planning on having massive quantities of fish tomorrow (special event going on at a local restaurant chain) thus I should be able to survive the day without real protein.

I must say… your profile picture and signature are a perfect fit to your style. An absolute perfect fit.

Alas, in either case, I am playing the long game. I will get me hands on it eventually... as long as I can keep going back to Japan every once and awhile it is so...

• @thegrandalliance:

Was planning on having massive quantities of fish tomorrow (special event going on at a local restaurant chain) thus I should be able to survive the day without real protein.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIgbPTBINhk

• @SpacemanHardy:

Yea its the "Flounders" (company founder) birthday (recognized, not actual) on Tues March 15, so they basically have BOGO (buy one get one+year of anniversary) deals. Either can go full service, very expensive style in Seattle, or the lower-grade fish/chip based ones regionally: All wild caught Alaskan Salmon/Cod which is great Pacific NW style of course. Not like that fake, BP oil spill covered "trash" Funimation folks got in TX of course :)

BTW I know your not from TX, Mr. Spaceman; you're landlocked and probably don't even know what "real" fish even tastes like… ye is probably like Red Lobster and thusly so "Sea Food Differently" of course :)

In either case, me gonna have great meal to watch the news channels regarding the presidential primaries... THE FINAL BATTLE IS UPON US!

...and like always you can blame Florida for what is to happen next it is so...

...MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN!