Differences In The English Dub Vs The Japanese Blue-rays for season 2

• Now I may be jumping The Gun Here But I hope Funimation didn't use the tv version for there dub cause the first 2 episodes they have on there website are Not long enough to match up with The Blueray episode lengths also there is missing content

please tell me those are early draft versions and not the ones that will be on the Blueray

• Also id like to add that 24min run times don't add up to 280 min that are listed

• @tdog1776:

Now I may be jumping The Gun Here But I hope Funimation didn't use the tv version for there dub cause the first 2 episodes they have on there website are Not long enough to match up with The Blueray episode lengths also there is missing content

please tell me those are early draft versions and not the ones that will be on the Blueray

Yes, the physical release will have the uncut and uncensored version, and when that is released the stream will reflect that change. It'll be updated March 22nd, according to the schedule

@tdog1776:

Also id like to add that 24min run times don't add up to 280 min that are listed

Episodes are normally rounded up to 25 minutes (once you account for company credits before the actual episode starts), so 10 episodes is 250 minutes. Then the OVA is about 30 minutes, which makes 280

• @Riles:

Episodes are normally rounded up to 25 minutes (once you account for company credits before the actual episode starts), so 10 episodes is 250 minutes. Then the OVA is about 30 minutes, which makes 280

fair enough however with the uncut content each episode is longer averaging 27 to 29 min per episode

• Will the Insert Songs be dubbed? I always wondered if the concert songs will be dubbed? I like a heads up before I watch. I don't see why it shouldn't.

• @tdog1776:

fair enough however with the uncut content each episode is longer averaging 27 to 29 min per episode

Actually the BD DVD set contains the OVA episode which accounts for the longer run time

• The "uncut" version of episodes 1-10 (with rounding) is 280 minutes; without the OVA. The OVA is part of the extras, which is nice.
    Now the two English dub episodes of the second season is the Broadcast Version and not the "uncut version".

• @eztli:

The "uncut" version of episodes 1-10 (with rounding) is 280 minutes; without the OVA. The OVA is part of the extras, which is nice.
    Now the two English dub episodes of the second season is the Broadcast Version and not the "uncut version".

I wonder why they did that for the website version

http://puu.sh/nN34c/ffce0df84e.png

here's some of the scenes that were missing

I hope They Have all the uncut episodes in the physical release and later updated on the website

• @Spaceshotx7:

Will the Insert Songs be dubbed? I always wondered if the concert songs will be dubbed? I like a heads up before I watch. I don't see why it shouldn't.

Yes

@tdog1776:

Also id like to add that 24min run times don't add up to 280 min that are listed

Correct, it actually includes the 30 minute OVA

@tdog1776:

I see no such thing with each episode, they're all 23:42 save for the ova where its 29:57. If they just rounded to the next minute for each episode then we do get 280 total for the whole season, but if you don't you end up with 266:57 which is sad. This is why I say rounding is a bad practice, don't get me started on computer storage where they use base ten instead of base two SO VERY ANNOYING!

As far as the songs go, Michelle and Jad do really good but I think that the JP voices are a bit better, this could just be personal preference though.

Hold on a moment, my quick math gets me only to 270, not 280 like my box says. Unless I somehow ripped the wrong blu-rays in my box that only had two blu-rays something seems fishy. I will say that there are edits as far as the broadcast stuff go but there isn't any extended episodes which makes no sense.

Well I just sent my ticket in!

• @darthrutsula:

Will the Insert Songs be dubbed? I always wondered if the concert songs will be dubbed? I like a heads up before I watch. I don't see why it shouldn't.

Yes

So your saying the songs were dubbed? Did you see episodes 5-6 of Date a live II yet?

I look forward to hearing Jad saxton and Michelle Rojas singing.

• @Spaceshotx7:

So your saying the songs were dubbed? Did you see episodes 5-6 of Date a live II yet?

I look forward to hearing Jad saxton and Michelle Rojas singing.

I got my blu-rays yesterday, got them ripped and I can tell you 100% that they are dubbed :3

• @darthrutsula:

Hold on a moment, my quick math gets me only to 270, not 280 like my box says. Unless I somehow ripped the wrong blu-rays in my box that only had two blu-rays something seems fishy. I will say that there are edits as far as the broadcast stuff go but there isn't any extended episodes which makes no sense.

Well I just sent my ticket in!

Okay Please post there response in This thread when you hear back im curious to know if this was intentional or accidental on Funimations part or if the Studio screwed them over

• The US Blu-ray dubbed the TV version. I have the Jap & US blu-ray and they're missing all the new scenes added in the Japanese Blu-ray.

• @da_infamous_dre:

The US Blu-ray dubbed the TV version. I have the Jap & US blu-ray and they're missing all the new scenes added in the Japanese Blu-ray.

That's actually slightly incorrect. They have the home video masters, but they're missing the new scenes.
    http://www.fandompost.com/oldforums/showthread.php?21012-FUNimation-licenses-Date-A-Live-(Seasons-1-amp-2)&p=351160&viewfull=1#post351160

Guess this carried over to the home video release, sigh. Really wondering if it's a restriction from Kadokawa given FUNi is seemingly having issues with them again, despite it having been four years since the Strike Witches 2 and Heaven's Lost Property: Forte incidents that gave us DVD-only releases on Kadokawa titles for a while because FUNi were being morons.

• I Know Jad Saxton and Michelle Rojas did their best singing in this anime. I'm wondering why your all concerned about the so called deleted scenes?

• @Spaceshotx7:

I'm wondering why your all concerned about the so called deleted scenes?

how is this not obvious?

• @Spaceshotx7:

I Know Jad Saxton and Michelle Rojas did their best singing in this anime. I'm wondering why your all concerned about the so called deleted scenes?

Because missing footage is more important than a dubbed English song. :hmm:

• @SpacemanHardy:

Because missing footage is more important than a dubbed English song. :hmm:

Indeed, especially since English Funimation Songs, are well, lets say…

/EPICFAAAAAAAAAAAAIL!!!!!!!!!

• a few aren't good, sure, but alot of them are

• @Getchman:

a few aren't good, sure, but alot of them are

Well, I have sure as hell yet to see one: And me watched a bunch at that. I usually simply turn on sub mode and watch Japanese song, like I did with this series, then go back into dub mode thereafter.